Elmer T. Lee

Bourbon_Gamer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

we should start seeing more flooding of shelves, there was a release from the factory this month.

Virginia ABC's are now flooded with this. The price has risen to $33.90, ugghh

My store is getting some in on Thursday. I'm looking forward to it so I can lay off the commemorative bottle.

Finally cracked my bottle, nice pour, I like it. Much better than the vat's I have been drinking recently.

Also cracked my first ETL this week. Took a few minutes to open up out of the glass, really enjoyed the second half of my pour where more of the Rye spice was present. Now I need to bunker a couple to be able to enjoy this one.

Virginia ABC's are now flooded with this. The price has risen to $33.90, ugghh

I'm moving to VA after living in bourbon-filled California. How difficult is it to get the good stuff there given it's all regulated by the state?

I'm moving to VA after living in bourbon-filled California. How difficult is it to get the good stuff there given it's all regulated by the state?
If you're looking for Pappy BTAC, FR LE its very difficult. ECBP, Abraham Bowmans, Stagg Jr's, ETL, Jefffersons not that hard. Most ABC stores have a decent selection

revisiting this tonight after some Templeton Rye, what a great pour.

Agreed Fozzy. It really is fantastic.

If anyone has any leads on a bottle or two in New Jersey from a store that could deliver to Manhattan it would greatly appreciated. Heading into the City for the weekend from Canada. PM would be great if possible..

My local store got 5 bottles and we are lucky here in south eastern Kentucky to get that many; glad I got my hands on A bottle.

Jan

My local store got 5 bottles and we are lucky here in south eastern Kentucky to get that many; glad I got my hands on A bottle.

Jan

Your not by chance in Pikeville are you JvW? If so, I bet I know your monger...

Your not by chance in Pikeville are you JvW? If so, I bet I know your monger...

A little further west in Somerset on Lake Cumberland...

Jan

A little further west in Somerset on Lake Cumberland...

Jan

I keep forgetting that you boys have hit the big time down there. Congrats!

I keep forgetting that you boys have hit the big time down there. Congrats!

Watching it now. Good stuff. Pushed my open bottle of ETL to the back of my shelf to make it last in hopes we see the April release here before I run out and a fellow local SB'r just PM'd me the store I was at a few days ago got some in so I will be making a run over there first thing tomorrow morning.

Any Atlanta SBers have some intel on a Georgia release. I was told April and no one has gotten any (as far as I know). Thanks.

ET Lee (the bourbon) is good, basic bourbon, but it's not that good. I have a couple of bottles, but if I did not have any, I would still be drinking well with other readily available things.

I never really understood the hype behind ETL. I find it to be decent, but I'd much rather drink RHF or CEHTSB, even though they cost multiples of ETL. Same mashbill, much better (IMO) end product.

If you prefer RHF, that's a profile preference. Personally, I lean towards the vanilla in ETL, and the almost pear-like taste of Hancock's.

Being that they're all single barrel products, I've got to drink a lot more of them to collect a wider sample set, but so far, I can see their point if someone says they prefer ETL.

I agree, the much-heralded April release of ETL seemed to slide well under the radar in a bunch of states, if indeed it has already happened.

I agree. It's so smooth and plus it's $28-$35. RHF is $60 now and Taylor can be way over that. Plus it's Boyd Crowder's favorite drink.

I never really understood the hype behind ETL. I find it to be decent, but I'd much rather drink RHF or CEHTSB, even though they cost multiples of ETL. Same mashbill, much better (IMO) end product.
I am fairly certain the CEHT bourbons are generally mashbill #1, not #2.

But otherwise I agree. I'm fine with ETL, but the hype is a little offputting.

If you prefer RHF, that's a profile preference. Personally, I lean towards the vanilla in ETL, and the almost pear-like taste of Hancock's.

Being that they're all single barrel products, I've got to drink a lot more of them to collect a wider sample set, but so far, I can see their point if someone says they prefer ETL.

I agree, the much-heralded April release of ETL seemed to slide well under the radar in a bunch of states, if indeed it has already happened.

You're absolutely right- it is totally subjective. I thought ETL was much rougher around the edges and Blanton's and RHF were much smoother. People on other forums go nuts over ETL and bunker cases of it, which is why it sells out all over the place nearly overnight. Since I can get RHF for under $45, the difference isn't quite as big, especially since PA just raised the price of ETL to $32.99! For vanilla, I like Blanton's.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.