Elmer T. Lee

Bourbon_Gamer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thank you sir! that's a lot closer than Decatur drive wise. although the drive did give me the excuse to stop in at Green's. Looked at their store selects for High West and Smooth Ambler and Four Roses Barrel Proof, but passed on all 3.

Screeeeeech!!!! You just thanked me for nuthin'...I just mentioned this conversation to Mrssmokinjoe, and she reminded my dumb ass that it's Fresh Market where I get the Blenheim's, not Whole Foods...Whoops :crazy: Anywho, the FM is on Johnson Ferry , too. Just about 1/2 mi from the WF.

Screeeeeech!!!! You just thanked me for nuthin'...I just mentioned this conversation to Mrssmokinjoe, and she reminded my dumb ass that it's Fresh Market where I get the Blenheim's, not Whole Foods...Whoops :crazy: Anywho, the FM is on Johnson Ferry , too. Just about 1/2 mi from the WF.

hah. Will do. From speaking with various owners in my area, it looks like there are two big distributors! One of them nicknamed "evil empire". Seems like most owners aren't too fond of them but have no choice in the matter since they both carry all the it labels.

We call it an arranged marriage with no possibility of divorce. It can occasionally be fun and exciting but most of the time we just have to lay there while they do the f'n.

The store in NY state that I work with told me he's getting an allotment of 1 bottle of ETL a month from BT. He also told me that the NY rep for BT/Sazerac recently changed so he is expecting some disruptions this year in terms of supply for NY state.

The store in NY state that I work with told me he's getting an allotment of 1 bottle of ETL a month from BT. He also told me that the NY rep for BT/Sazerac recently changed so he is expecting some disruptions this year in terms of supply for NY state.

if i were a store owner, unless I wanted that ONE bottle personally, I think Id tell them just what they could do with that one bottle. just the hassle of trying to inventory one bottle would be enough to tell them to keep it.

We call it an arranged marriage with no possibility of divorce. It can occasionally be fun and exciting but most of the time we just have to lay there while they do the f'n.

Nicely said Eric. A couple of comments I've heard from store managers from a couple of places near me are; "It's like being held hostage.", or "You have to play ball with 'em, 'cause if you don't, they'll take the ball and bat away and won't let you play any more." :crazy:

hah. Will do. From speaking with various owners in my area, it looks like there are two big distributors! One of them nicknamed "evil empire". Seems like most owners aren't too fond of them but have no choice in the matter since they both carry all the it labels.

We have a couple of main distributors here also. The "evil empire" here is most commonly referred to as, "those other guys". :rolleyes:

We have a couple of main distributors here also. The "evil empire" here is most commonly referred to as, "those other guys". :rolleyes:

Who might you be referring to?

• 3 weeks later...

It's true that the NY distributor just changed from Southern Wine to Empire. I don't know what effect that will have on shelf availability, though.

I would like to try this one. If it becomes available to me at a good price, I will pick some up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to have a backup bottle before opening my only one - a store pick version.

• 1 month later...

A buddy of mine was given similar info recently, told in the next couple weeks to expect some new bottles.

This is probably how that bottle of ETL comes to be priced at $115.99 behind a glass case. (Yes, I've seen that.)

Could be worse.... http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?23556-199-etl-!&highlight=elmer

I got one in the bunker I think I paid $35 for, only one I have seen so far in my young bourbon hobby.

Edited by fozzy71

Got an email from my go to store today that they got some ETL. I have a few already, so I'll pass for now.

Just posted on the what did you buy thread and at least for now, there's a good amount on the shelves at 29.99. Interested to see how long that lasts...

Holy Crap, Elmer is a good bourbon but like Blantons and RHF nothing really special. It's hard for me to believe that regular bourbons like ETL are hard to find. If you need me, I'll be in the bunker drinking bourbon.

This thread made me take a walk down stairs and pull my bottle off the bunker upstairs to the on deck shelf.

This thread made me take a walk down stairs and pull my bottle off the bunker upstairs to the on deck shelf.

This thread makes me want to have nothing to do with ETL. I have a bottle left, but I sort of want to get rid of it just to distance myself from the nonsense.

I feel the exact same way.

This thread makes me want to have nothing to do with ETL. I have a bottle left, but I sort of want to get rid of it just to distance myself from the nonsense.

I'm not to that point yet, but I do understand. I love ETL and did some hustling last year to bunker a few, but find myself less and less willing these days to get worked up and hunt for brands that shouldn't be so hard to find. I have plenty I can get readily that satisfy.

I would feel a bit more love for ETL if it were cask strength. As it is, I think ER10 is just as good if not a bit better.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.