What Bourbon did you pass up? Winter 2015/2016

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Rock Hill Farms at $80 and Single Oak Projects at $80-90.  Those were both at stores that generally have reasonable prices.

There is another place around here that has ETL at $150, Baby Saz at $130, Handy at $800, and Gifted Horse at $250.

They listed on wine searcher in NJ and are one of those outlier prices.

Wow! ETL at $150. I'd pass on this too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I passed on purty near everything yesterday. Trying to save my money for the Sampler.:mellow: One of the hardest to pass up was a Binny's/Women Of Bourbon PS 10 year SAOS:(

Joe

Saw 4 or 5 Rock Hill Farms on the shelf for $55.  Was tempted, but still have some in bunker.

On 4/17/2016 at 10:51 PM, Scotch Neat said:

Passed up an Evan Williams 2003 SB for 32.

Just my humble opinion, but I would pick that one up if I were you.  The 2003 EWSB was an excellent year in general, and whether or not you might have found EWSB for cheaper in the past, I would say that the 2003 is worth $30.  Plus, if you have noticed, the newer EWSB releases are way less than 10 years old (I would think that the 2003 that you saw was closer to 10 years old).  Just my .02 cents.

(Rye content)

Saw 3 bottles of Willett 7 year rye on the shelf earlier today, but alas it wasn't meant to be at $99 a bottle.  At home, I have an open bottle of SAOS 7 year rye that I paid quite a bit less for, and it's pretty much the same juice with a slight reduction in proof.

Edited by Jacket

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.