What Bourbon did you pass up? Winter 2015/2016

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well, it's winter time, so I guess it's best we start up this thread for the new season.

the past couple days I passed on everything, but most notably, Stagg Jr Batch 3 for $55 and $60, WT Diamond for $100!! (it's been sitting in their case for a while now) RHF for $70 and 1792 port for $45.

so what else did you guys pass on?

Passed on Blade and Bow NAS for $49.00, and Michter's 10 Year Single Barrel for $139.00

Passed on ETL for $50, primarily out of principal. Used to pay much less. However, I did support Sazerac and bought an ER for $36.

I was tempted, but passed on HWMWND for $90.... thought it was kinda high priced.

On 1/1/2016, 7:43:43, starhopper said:

Passed on Blade and Bow NAS for $49.00, and Michter's 10 Year Single Barrel for $139.00

Not sure I'd buy anything from Michters, but one of my local stores had the 10yr for $249 and the 20yr for $999...I definitely won't be buying either.

ETL for $80. Owner said he had to buy a bunch of crap to get it; they only gave him 3 bottles in a year and it was the last one. I still wouldn't buy it, but if all that was true don't begrudge him. 

Same place I passed on THH for $500. 

Passed on CEHT BP for $63 after coupon. Hard to pass at that price but I already have a mostly full bottle at home and also had two bottles of other whiskey that I was bringing to the register. 

Also passed on Weller Special Reserve for $27 after 10% coupon. I have a couple of 1.75s at home and paid a lot less for them by volume. 

22 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Passed on CEHT BP for $63 after coupon. Hard to pass at that price but I already have a mostly full bottle at home and also had two bottles of other whiskey that I was bringing to the register. 

Also passed on Weller Special Reserve for $27 after 10% coupon. I have a couple of 1.75s at home and paid a lot less for them by volume. 

I wouldn't have passed on the CEHT BP.  $63 is a great price and CEHT BP is a very good bourbon.

FWIW, when I see CEHT of any kind here, it's in the $80s.  Just saying.

Passed on a ORVP, at $499.99, a lot B at $599.99 and a Pappy 23 at, wait for it...  $4500.00   All in a locked display case.  Incredible. 

Passed on an EHTBP at $74.99, a 4yr Willet at  $70.99, and a 6yr Willet at $83.99 a couple of days ago.  And we don't pay taxes on spirits, wine or beer here in Taxachusetts!   :P

TTFN,

F.

8-)

that's a great price for CEHTBP, and I had just passed on the CEHTSB today for $65.

Passed on Trails End in a store today - hadn't seen or heard of this before so it was an easy pass.  Price was $59

Passed on MMCS on sale for $44 today. Haven't tried it yet, so was hesitant even at the sale price. Typical price around here is around $55... Thinking I might need to go back by and grab a bottle though.

I think I paid $35 for the 375ml of MMCS I had last summer/fall.  I would have had to break my buying hiatus for that price I think.

Local shop has FRSiB in their weekly ad for $31.88 . . . man, if I didn't already have a few in the basement.

2 hours ago, Swoboda said:

Local shop has FRSiB in their weekly ad for $31.88 . . . man, if I didn't already have a few in the basement.

That's about what my Sam's Club sells FRSB for.  And that is one reason why I have too many in the bunker to buy any more right now.

At Binny's this weekend I passed on a couple things that were really tempting:

HW Bourye on sale for $70 - have wanted to try this for a while now that it is available again

SA Contradiction for $55 - I enjoy all SA offerings I have tried but I decided to wait for a non-vatted release of their own wheated recipe

Jim Beam Red Wheat/Brown Rice for $40 each - I appreciate the experimentation and enjoy the Beam profile but I still think $40 (down from $50 that I've seen) for 375mL is steep for me

Jason

On 1/8/2016, 9:54:25, Charlutz said:

ETL for $80. Owner said he had to buy a bunch of crap to get it; they only gave him 3 bottles in a year and it was the last one. I still wouldn't buy it, but if all that was true don't begrudge him. 

Same place I passed on THH for $500. 

That is the reason why one of my local stores sells his for $150...NOT BUYING IT!!!

On 1/17/2016, 6:01:43, Special Reserve said:

I wouldn't have passed on the CEHT BP.  $63 is a great price and CEHT BP is a very good bourbon.

Yes it is (especially for that price)...having some tonight...:)

Costco had EHTSmB today for $36.99 . . . passed since we have some on hand.  First time I've seen EHT there.   I like the idea of them carrying a selection of BT products . . . they also had EHT Rye for $59.99.

On 1/8/2016, 3:21:36, DonutsNBourbon said:

I was tempted, but passed on HWMWND for $90.... thought it was kinda high priced.

I passed on a couple bottles of Act 3-2 the other night for $80. I still have 2 bottles from the last release and one 3-2 I picked up recently.  And an open bottle, which I may have to visit tonight. :D

Jason

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.