Empty Bottle Support Group 2016

T Comp
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finished a WTRR10. I really liked that bottle. It doesn't get too much love on here but it was really nice. Nothing super distinctive about it but all the flavors just seemed to work well. 

Just finished a WT12. Best WT I've had yet and was also bought at a misprice (half of what it retails at now here). 

Outstanding stuff.

My most recent victims have been my bottle of Willet, shortly followed by some Larceny. Given the forecast for the weekend, I can't see the Angel's Envy surviving the sub zero wind chills coming our way.

On February 11, 2016 at 6:21:45 PM, beasled said:

Just finished a WT12. Best WT I've had yet and was also bought at a misprice (half of what it retails at now here). 

Outstanding stuff.

Glad to hear that. I have a bottle and I'm really looking forward to opening it. 

On 2/13/2016, 12:53:26, meadeweber said:

Glad to hear that. I have a bottle and I'm really looking forward to opening it. 

Hope you enjoy it. I'm on the lookout for another. 

Said goodbye to my first bottle of WT 101 tonight. After shots of EWB and JBB I saved the WT for last to see. Yep, I know I'll be getting another soon.

It took the better part of a year, but I finally finished a bottle of 100pf 4R OBSV tonight.  Now if I can get the 4R Small Batch gone, I'll feel even better.

8 hours ago, ken_mays said:

It took the better part of a year, but I finally finished a bottle of 100pf 4R OBSV tonight.  Now if I can get the 4R Small Batch gone, I'll feel even better.

Not a Four Roses fan?

I really only like the barrel proof 4R.  The lower the proof the less I like it.  The 100pf is about the lowest I will voluntarily pour. 

bottle of Whistlepig 10 I got like 2 years ago. I'll say this: it makes a damn fine Manhattan—which is how the lady and I killed it this evening (two each).

Finished a long-opened, forgotten EC 12 yr which I discovered when the eponymous BOTM thread was started.

Handy down...

A friend bought this back when you could just stroll into K&L and grab one off the shelf, which is exactly what he did. (I wanna say it was 2011 or 2012.) Anyway, he took his sweet time getting through it, and he gifted the last 6 oz. or so to me over Christmas. I'll say this, it made one spectacular Manhattan...and a couple fiery Sazeracs.

handy.thumb.jpg.3af0cb81470807cec3acbc67

6 minutes ago, babermac said:

Handy down...

A friend bought this back when you could just stroll into K&L and grab one off the shelf, which is exactly what he did. (I wanna say it was 2011 or 2012.) Anyway, he took his sweet time getting through it, and he gifted the last 6 oz. or so to me over Christmas. I'll say this, it made one spectacular Manhattan...and a couple fiery Sazeracs.

I dread the day my 14 Handy is empty. It's without a doubt my favorite rye, and possibly whiskey. Just emptied a bottle of Rendezvous Rye tonight though

6 hours ago, babermac said:

Handy down...

That hurts.  

Like the homemade bitters collection.  Well done.

On the last pour of an ETL Commemorative. 

Sad to see this one go. But I do have a backup, so no tears this time.

• 2 weeks later...

My last SAOS 7yr from about two months after it hit the Washington DC area.  I tried one, went back and bought six; #6 helped get me through the StL-Nats Spring training ninth inning.  I have most of a Contradiction, one unopened Rye, and two opened CS's remaining.  I don't think those will carry me until SA releases their own make in the near future.  But, I'm supposed to be working down the inventory to free up some floor space in the dining room.  Good thing the cartrunk is clean and empty.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.