Empty Bottle Support Group 2016

T Comp
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Is the 1792 SB the same proof as the regular release?  I haven't seen it around locally, but, there are a few private select single barrels floating around. Which if it is the same proof, then, they are pretty much the same thing.

Edited by Golzee

Boo Hoo... :(  Tough to put down a such a wonderful old style bourbon.  

image.jpg

9 hours ago, Golzee said:

Is the 1792 SB the same proof as the regular release?  I haven't seen it around locally, but, there are a few private select single barrels floating around. Which if it is the same proof, then, they are pretty much the same thing.

Yes, it's a higher proof 98.6

It was a rough week for bottles on my bar.  I had to say goodbye to:

ETL
SAOS9SB
CEHTSB
SAOS7 Rye - This one kinda stung, as I don't know when I'll be able to get a replacement.
EWSB '04 - Went through this one in just a few days while I was in Brooklyn for the NCAA Tournament.  Bought it to sip on in the hotel.

Finished off my bottle of RHF yesterday.  Turned the empty RHF bottle into my new "Last Pours" decanter by pouring what I had been accumulating in my nice crystal decanter into it to free up the nicer decanter for a regular pour.

On 4/1/2016 at 0:15 AM, Jacket said:

That's 3 decanters in one sentence.  My brain is on overload.

My plastic flasks, upon reading this, feel inadequate no matter how much I tell them I love them.

On April 1, 2016 at 0:19 AM, Fort Knox said:

Have a pour of something barrel proof to take the edge off.

Amen

I don't need support, but the MGP bottle killing mission claimed the life of a Willett pot still and all but the last few ounces of a michter's bourbon tonight. Getting there...

Killed off a Bowman 18yr tonight that I've been nursing for a looooong time (unintentionally).  Typically would have been too old for my taste buddies, but really enjoyed it!

Well, Ive been a bit busy the last few weeks. Yes, I've finished a couple of bottles, but I've also been working on my Weller Blend for the Sampler. My seemingly abnormal number of empty bottles speaks to both. I can't help but wonder what the garbage man will think about what's in my recycle bin this week. :huh:

Pic #1-my empties.                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Pic #2-my extra large amount of Weller Blend. Don't let the ETL bottle fool ya'. Rest assured, it's my Weller Blend. :D

Cheers! Joe

mt.jpg

blend.jpg

Bottle killing mission claimed the life of a Michters in the form of a perfect Manhattan. Having a pour of ER10 in a glencairn because it's time for something other than MGP

Its survival days are over ... :D

image.jpg

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

image.jpg

Survived a tornado, but not the appetite of smokinjoe. (Taps playing in the background).

13 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

image.jpg

I also see that the tornado blew away the GBS etched Glencairn and now there is a GBS etched stemless wineglass style on the table!

I wonder if that tornado will blow any of those my way...

Bid farewell to an empty bottle of Booker's (enjoyed by more than just me!) and returned for a few more days at sea.

I finally finished off a bottle of LS&B 13yo rye. It had good nights and bad nights (or maybe that was me), but on the good nights, it really hit the spot. 

• 2 weeks later...

ER10 went bye-bye last night - I needed it after a long evening at the dance studio!   B)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.