What bourbon did you purchase today? Spring 2016

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Was in Louisville yesterday and stopped by Westport Whiskey and Wine just to take a look.  Ended up buying a bottle of Booker's (2016-1) on sale for $44.  Usually do all my buying at Packages and More in Elizabethtown, but thought, what the heck, this is a good deal (sorry Eric).  Besides, Eric has gotten plenty of my $ over the past several years anyway.

Saw Tom's Foolery for the first time in NJ. Decided to give it a shot. 

Picked up a SA Contradiction, HW Rendezvous Rye and HW American Prairie Bourbon.  All in NC believe it or not!

HH 6 yr bib and a 4RGS OBSF.

Edited by kcgumbohead

20 hours ago, KyleCBreese said:

Saw Tom's Foolery for the first time in NJ. Decided to give it a shot. 

OOHHH!  Be sure to comment - it started showing up around WashDC last week.  As I recall, there's an old thread on TF, and the initial reports were pretty positive.

23 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

OOHHH!  Be sure to comment - it started showing up around WashDC last week.  As I recall, there's an old thread on TF, and the initial reports were pretty positive.

Its all over here now. I have not grabbed any yet. 

Ugh I did it again.  Found some smooth ambler old scout 7 yr. ($41) And some mckenna 10 yr ($28).  Found them in dallas, and have never seen either in tulsa, so had to pull the trigger.  .....glad I don't drink it as fast as I buy it :)

Edited by Golferpimp1

3 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Since it is heavy on the malted barley, I'm not a big fan at first. It sure is different from most bourbons out there. 

5 minutes ago, KyleCBreese said:

Since it is heavy on the malted barley, I'm not a big fan at first. It sure is different from most bourbons out there. 

What's the mash bill?

With Barrel Bourbon Batch #7 (5 yr.) hitting the shelves soon, thought I should get another BB #6 (8 yr.) for the bunker - just in case the next case is filled with young 'uns.  So I did!  :rolleyes: 

Edited by GeeTen

Before, during and after the Sampler, I stopped at a few places to try and stock up on some things that are either nonexistent, or hard to find in my area. Mission accomplished. :D I also managed to find a couple of little hidden gems at one place. :o 

Weller SR-X2

HH 6 yr BIB-X3

JTS Brown BIB

Tax stamped (1978 1979?) Yellowstone 7 yr old 90 proof 200 mils-X2

Cheers! Joe

s2016.jpg

Wow Joe, I'm impressed you found those Yellowstones.  Now there's a true dusty to be sure. :D

Edited by PaulO

13 hours ago, amg said:

What's the mash bill?

I can't find the post with the information right now, but it's at least 20% barley. You can actually look up their mashbill on their website. 

1 hour ago, KyleCBreese said:

I can't find the post with the information right now, but it's at least 20% barley. You can actually look up their mashbill on their website. 

Looks like they're experimenting with a few different bourbon mash bills. One of them I found is 39% barley. Wow!

Picked up 5 CEHT small batch and a Rock Hill Farms for good measure

Picked up a few bottles over Sampler weekend, focusing entirely on things I can't get at home.

HH6BIB x4

Dant BIB x8

Old Bardstown x1

Ordered a 4R LE 2014 today. 99£, not bad, right ?

Thanks to a SB member for bringing home a couple of MM Private Selections. Looking forward to these

RHF for $44, but I had to go to Connecticut to get it!  Nothing up here in MetroWest Boston, yet . . . . . :angry:

Found a new store today that I'd previously overlooked.  They had EHTSB and Weller SR for 39.99 and 25.99 which are great prices for this area.  They are both back-ups for me but at that price I grabbed one more of each.  Now I have one each already open and a one each held in reserve.  Left several of each behind for the next guy.

Owning how many of the same release qualifies one as a hoarder?

46 minutes ago, chuckhammer said:

Found a new store today that I'd previously overlooked.  They had EHTSB and Weller SR for 39.99 and 25.99 which are great prices for this area.  They are both back-ups for me but at that price I grabbed one more of each.  Now I have one each already open and a one each held in reserve.  Left several of each behind for the next guy.

Owning how many of the same release qualifies one as a hoarder?

You are asking the wrong crowd. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.