What bourbon did you purchase today? Spring 2016

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

23 hours ago, flahute said:

Yes. It is excellent.

Thank you for your reply. 

Have you tried Booker's 2015-3 and/or 2015-6 batch(s)?  If so, how did the 2016-1 compare to 2015-3, 2015-6?

Thanks again

47 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Thank you for your reply. 

Have you tried Booker's 2015-3 and/or 2015-6 batch(s)?  If so, how did the 2016-1 compare to 2015-3, 2015-6?

Thanks again

Haven't had those. I don't make a point of chasing down every Booker's batch as I find them all good and very similar. I only made a point of targeting 2016-01 because John Hansell scored it highly and it was available when I read the review.

On 6/21/2016 at 2:26 PM, Richnimrod said:

Ha-Ha!   As much as that, eh? 

You'll be adding more before you know it, I'll wager.

I used to think 2-dozen bottles of Bourbon was a great deal...... Not any more, I'm afraid.    Maybe now, 10-times that is a lot?    .... or not!

I hit the 25 bottle mark and have slowed down my buying greatly.  The way I look at it is that more bourbon is being produced now more than ever, with more distilleries expanding and more starting.  I am hoping that my meager bunker gets me through this craziness and I come out of it when there is too much bourbon for the market.  With that said, I still can't turn down great sales or clearance bourbonl

6 hours ago, Golzee said:

I hit the 25 bottle mark and have slowed down my buying greatly.  The way I look at it is that more bourbon is being produced now more than ever, with more distilleries expanding and more starting.  I am hoping that my meager bunker gets me through this craziness and I come out of it when there is too much bourbon for the market.  With that said, I still can't turn down great sales or clearance bourbonl

Ahhh, to live in a State where Bourbon (or any other liquor) is EVER allowed to be "On Sale"......    Keep your eyes open and your wallet held closely.    Good luck!

Blood Oath Pact 2 - I know it gets slammed but I liked the Pact 1 and have heard better things about 2... Stagg Jr, another of Gifted Horse, 

Knotter Bourbon  from the Blaum Brothers distillery in Galena Illinois.

Cheers! Joe

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Knotter Bourbon  from the Blaum Brothers distillery in Galena Illinois.

Cheers! Joe

I've been meaning to try that since it's an IL distillery, gotta love the naming convention of it too since it's MGP juice. Knotter (not our) bourbon... ha

Picked up another bottle of McKenna 10YO BIB for $30. It has the smooth and not overly complex character that a newb like me can understand.  Reminds me of ER10 and FRsmb

I just purchased a bottle of Colonel E. H. Taylor small batch bib.

I took my first couple of sips neat, then had it on the rocks.

I found it to be a very nice bourbon, and it is pretty smooth for a 100 proof.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.