What bourbon did you purchase today? Spring 2016

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Though not many here seem to show love for it, I've come to like the JD Barrel Proof, at least the couple bottles I've had; so, today I grabbed up another for the shelf since my current one is down below half.

Also, scored an ECBP that my retailer held under the counter for me.   Woo-Woo!.

Two ECBP of the latest batch, 139.4 proof. First time I've seen it in a store. Quite excited as I've only been able to try this one at a bar once.

image.jpeg

You guys are having some great luck with the latest batch of ECBP.  I can't find any for the life of me.

I did, however, luck out on a bottle of ETL.  There were two so I left one for the next guy.  That's about the only way I'll make it to heaven.  ;-)

19 minutes ago, chuckhammer said:

You guys are having some great luck with the latest batch of ECBP.  I can't find any for the life of me.

I did, however, luck out on a bottle of ETL.  There were two so I left one for the next guy.  That's about the only way I'll make it to heaven.  ;-)

Amen! 

Michter's 10 and a replacement PB RR from the 7th floor.  Yeah, I know the Michter's is expensive mystery meat - but the 2014 release is one of my top 10. 

CEHT seasoned wood and latest batch of ECBP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow, jealous of all this ECBP buys, but I settled on 1792SB and an CEHT SmB.  opened up the CEHT at poker night tonight and it was quite the hit.

Good to see the ECBP is out. I'm really hoping I can find one.  It's one of my favorites but flies off the shelves. 

Just bought two bottles of ECBP at NC ABC in Chapel Hill - $49.95 each. Left one on the shelf for good karma......quick question guys - I didn't notice the age statement on the bottle, but isn't ECBP 12-year old juice?

23 minutes ago, tarheel said:

Just bought two bottles of ECBP at NC ABC in Chapel Hill - $49.95 each. Left one on the shelf for good karma......quick question guys - I didn't notice the age statement on the bottle, but isn't ECBP 12-year old juice?

The age statement should be on the back of the bottle.  I think the second or third line of text, if memory serves. 

Just picked up the Knob Creek 2001 batch 1 limited edition for $116, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.  

Picked up a bottle of Elmer T. Lee after having not seen it in over two years.

Looked for this pretty hard when it came out last year with no luck but walked into an ABC store here in NC today and found two 1792 Sweet Wheat sitting on the shelf... they are not there any longer

2 Weller SR $17.99 & ER10 $32.  Guy at the store said ER is getting tough to get. Say it ain't so. 

I somehow bought a bottle of FRSmB at Sam's for $24.97 today. I swear that I was only there to buy dog food. 

Picked up a 1792 port, pikesville rye, ecbp, and vob6.....the bunker is getting full. Need to find a new spot!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I was out and about yesterday. I stopped at a place I'd never been before. Decent selection, just okay prices. Bought a SAOS 7 yr .

Cheers! Joe

On 5/8/2016 at 10:37 PM, flahute said:

I decided to break down and buy a Master's Keep because I had some discounts that brought the price down to $110. I valiantly held out until now but caved at that price.

Flahute, I've been holding out too.  Do you have plans to crack it open anytime soon?  Would love to get someone's opinion (are you a dieheard Wild Turkey fan like me?) about whether it's worth the money or not. 

23 hours ago, vismatt said:

Just picked up the Knob Creek 2001 batch 1 limited edition for $116, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.  

Oh man don't give us a teaser like that, we all want to know the verdict.   : )

I was surprised to see some 1792 Sweet Wheat on the shelves at Total Wine because I thought it was long gone.  Picked up a bottle, never tried it before so don't know what to expect.

5 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Flahute, I've been holding out too.  Do you have plans to crack it open anytime soon?  Would love to get someone's opinion (are you a dieheard Wild Turkey fan like me?) about whether it's worth the money or not. 

I cracked it the very same day and was very glad I did. Despite the low proof, it has a very full flavor and mouthfeel. It is definitely not over oaked (and I'm fairly sensitive to that). I'm very happy with the purchase. I'd have a harder time with it at the average $150 price tag. I much prefer this one to the Diamond Anniversary. (I am a pretty big Turkey fan)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.