What bourbon did you purchase today? Spring 2016

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

38 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Meant to say Rittenhouse 

We knew what you meant but that was pretty funny. Dang spell check got ya!

12 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

In Dallas again so snagged an saos7 (39.99) and a stagg jr (44.95) .  Saw rotten house for 24.95, seemed really high seeing as it's 17.99 at home.  Always interesting to see the price variances, as stagg jr. Is more readily available at home, but is 52.99.  

I wonder what "rotten house" tastes like??????  Barn floor with just a hint of mustiness, perhaps - or . . . . . .  :lol:

Stopped into a store by the office and saw a bottle of WT-03RB on the shelf, so I couldn't resist. Also grabbed a PS McKenna BIB that I'm pretty sure is from a couple years ago (barreled 2003). Amazing the things that hang around for so long even with the current craze.

Happy to find a High West Midwinter Night's Dram Act 3, Scene 1 (which I have never seen on a shelf before) for $79.99 and a Stagg Jr. batch 6 for $44.99.  

24 minutes ago, vismatt said:

Happy to find a High West Midwinter Night's Dram Act 3, Scene 1 (which I have never seen on a shelf before) for $79.99 and a Stagg Jr. batch 6 for $44.99.  

Nice find, especially the Midwinter Night's Dram.

8 hours ago, beasled said:

Found online in Spain...

old_fitz.png

Great find David.  If you don't like those, I'm pretty sure someone would gladly take them off you hands. ;) By the way are those DSP KY 16? Or, distilled at DSP KY 16 and bottled at DSP KY 24. Either way, IMHO I think you'll like them.

Cheers and enjoy! Joe

22 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Great find David.  If you don't like those, I'm pretty sure someone would gladly take them off you hands. ;) By the way are those DSP KY 16? Or, distilled at DSP KY 16 and bottled at DSP KY 24. Either way, IMHO I think you'll like them.

Cheers and enjoy! Joe

Thanks Joe. Found these whilst hunting down rogue OF12's.

These are distilled at DSP KY 1 (Bernheim), bottled at DSP KY 31 (Bardstown), so the later bottling I presume!

Cheers

EHTSmB, Saz Jr., Weller 107.  Weller was in "the back room".

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:23 PM, elmossle said:

Saw all three of these today as well, but decided to only get the Stagg Jr. instead of bringing all three home. Either way, it was a good day on the bourbon hunt.

Did you see those in NC?  ECBP, on the shelf?

Stagg Jr, Blanton's, and 1792 Port.  Blasted my way through a Christmas gift card.

So I finally got to go out for my first fishing trip this year, and caught 1 nice cat.... and these...

haul.jpg

37 minutes ago, dSculptor said:

So I finally got to go out for my first fishing trip this year, and caught 1 nice cat.... and these...

haul.jpg

Nice catch Don. You gonna have those mounted? :D

Cheers! Joe

haul.jpg

Very nice catch!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

One of the Seasoned woods will get mounted, the others will get consumed, the only way to catch those is using $100 bills for bait.

Picked up an 2004 EWSB — figured it'll be a while before I see a another 10+ year version of this one any time soon.

On May 15, 2016 at 10:35 AM, dSculptor said:

haul.jpg

Nice score.

EH Taylore Barrel Proof batch 2 (135.4 proof) and FRSmB 2015, both on the continent. 

Picked up 2 of the 2016 Michter's 10yr along with a couple of Saz Jr's

Widow Jane 10yr for $54.99 OTD - woo hoo!  Always been looking to try this juice and only been able to find the 8yr.  Then this beauty shows up on the shelves and I couldn't get my credit card out fast enough (heh, heh).  Pictures at 11.    :P

Edited by GeeTen

finally caved and bought a Barrel Bourbon, batch 6.  Bought a VOB BIB6 to balance out the huge price and say I averaged $50/bottle.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.