What Bourbon did you pass up? Summer 2016

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 9/23/2016 at 11:44 PM, flahute said:

You should be jumping on Baker's at that price.

That statement will compel me to go back and buy some...thanks. <_<:D

Jason

Smooth Ambler Yearling at 3y 6 mo for $27  I just know that the youth is going to keep me from loving it.  I will almost definitively be a buyer in a year or so when it is more mature.  I know it would be interesting to taste the difference in age but decided against it.

I passed EC Small Batch in a redesigned package.  At first, I thought it was some new product.  The new package looks like a cross between EC and EWSB.

Edited by PaulO

2 hours ago, meadeweber said:

Smooth Ambler Yearling at 3y 6 mo for $27  I just know that the youth is going to keep me from loving it.  I will almost definitively be a buyer in a year or so when it is more mature.  I know it would be interesting to taste the difference in age but decided against it.

I saw it at $37 today (375ml).  I can't imagine it's worth nearly that much.

I also passed on KC2001 for $125. I just can't see it being better than 2 bottles of Booker's...

I passed on SA 7, 10 and 11 year old today.  Also passed on a Contradiction.  Just not feeling it on the SA right now...

1 hour ago, Louisiana said:

Passed on BTEC infrared light wave 15 minutes.

BT knows how to put it out, but that is ridiculous.

I don't even understand the concept behind that one?

Passed on Orphan Barrel Whoop & Holler 28yr for $179.99.  My last taste of PVW 23 was kinda' woody (Chateau 2x4?) so I wonder what a 28 yr. Orphan Barrel would taste like????   At that price, I'm not sure I have enough discretionary funds to find out . . . . .  :(

Passed on the Belle Meade Cognac and Sherry finishes for $79 each.  In non bourbon news, I passed on Parker's Heritage 8 Malt Whiskey for $125.

I might regret it, but in addition to the WLW 12 I picked up today, I also had the chance to pick up the following:

*Blanton's (Over my budget but I had decided to splurge next time it was available)

*EH Taylor Single Barrel (Out of my budget)

*EH Taylor Small Batch (In my budget, but I have a bottle that I've yet to try so I'm not sure I whether I like it 2 bottles worth)

*Whoop & Holler Orphan Barrel (For about $180, I'll pass every time)

*Abraham Bowman Gingerbread LE ($40 was in my price range but it was only a 375ml)

I really may regret not getting my first Blanton's, but happy with the WLW 12.

I too passed on EHT Single Barrell and EHT Small Batch after settling on several others I simply couldn't pass up.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.