What Bourbon did you Pass Up Today? Fall 2016

elmossle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Figured it was time to start this one. Passed on a handle of EC12 that was even on sale. It was a hard pass, but with 6 bottles al ready in the bunker; I figured I would give someone else the pleasure of finding it.

Wife told me to keep my buying to a minimum for a while, but couldn't resist popping in my favorite local store and seeing if they had anything I couldn't live without. Was tempted but passed on a SAOS SB 10 yr @ $53.

Man, this "keep it to a minimum" thing sucks!

I passed on EHTSB & PHC Wheat. The PHC was secondary market price and it's October holding out just incase.

Passed on the new Rebel Yell single barrel, and a SAOS 10yr.  Reasonable prices, but, I've got others I want to try first.

During my trip through Louisiana, I passed on shelves of Stagg Jr bc I can get it back home for 5 bucks more.

Passed on 3 bottles of Booker's rye. I'm NOT paying $290 for a bottle of rye!

Also passed on some blood oath, pact 1, for 100 and change.

2 hours ago, Niner Outlaw said:

In case anyone is interested, I found, but passed on:

EWSB 2003

EWSB 2004

Niner, which state did you find the EWSB?

Parker's Heritage @ $299, opted for the lone bottle of EC BP they had instead... I suppose there must be a place for $300 whisky, but not on my bar...

On 10/5/2016 at 9:35 PM, Golzee said:

Passed on the new Rebel Yell single barrel, and a SAOS 10yr.  Reasonable prices, but, I've got others I want to try first.

I would have had to pick up the SAOS 10 since they're discontinuing it... 

9 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Niner, which state did you find the EWSB?

Louisiana. They were in 2 different ghetto LS. I may be heading back through those towns in a week or 2. Send me a PM if you want them picked up for you.

Edited by Niner Outlaw

On October 7, 2016 at 7:08 AM, Niner Outlaw said:

Louisiana. They were in 2 different ghetto LS. I may be heading back through those towns in a week or 2. Send me a PM if you want them picked up for you.

Is your offer open to other members?

If it is, I would be very interested in the 2003 and 2004 EWSB

Thanks. 

7 hours ago, Senor Harvey said:

Thanks. 

Giving Wedel the first shot at it b/c he was the first to ask. If Wedel passes, I'll open the offer up to others. Just one of the reasons I love the SB community!

Passed on HWMWND for $130. Local has it for $90 and I may be a buyer at that price. Is $90 the high end of retail?

5 hours ago, FacePlant said:

The 04's were special. At least 336 and 412 were. Haven't had any 05-06 that excited me?

I didn't like my 2004 bbl #1359 at all.  But I've had other '04 barrels that were excellent as usual.  Hit and miss.

6 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Passed on HWMWND for $130. Local has it for $90 and I may be a buyer at that price. Is $90 the high end of retail?

Yes!!!!!  I picked up my HWMWND Act 4, Scene 1 for $69.99 + CT sales tax last Wednesday in Manchester, CT - gonna' open her tomorrow after working all weekend.   B)  

On October 8, 2016 at 1:35 PM, Senor Harvey said:

Thanks. 

Ok, Señor Harvey, you're up. If you're still interested, send me a PM. 

I'm interested in the 2003 and 2004 EWSB too...just sent PM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Passed on 3 1.75L bottles of EC12 today, and there may have been more. I passed because they had it priced at $63 plus tax, and I already have quite a few bunkered already that I purchased at better prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passed a HW MWND .....not sure I'll like it...not enough to fork over about 80. I don't care much for my pikesville, which makes me cautious on this one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

On 10/9/2016 at 8:58 PM, Tanger11 said:

I passed on a McKenna 10 year but I've been reading a lot of good things about it lately. 

McKenna is an exceptional value, especially under $30.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.