What Bourbon did you Pass Up Today? Fall 2016

elmossle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

23 minutes ago, Redslayer said:

I usually pass on all CEHT's (except a BP); however, I had a CEHTSiB that was particularly good over the holidays--now I can't find any Colonel Taylors.

I usually pass on the single barrel version as I don't think its worth the upgrade over the standard small batch.  I can usually find Small Batch for around $35 but the single barrel is typically $65+.  Never tried the BP.  Mostly because I've never actually seen a bottle of it.

Thanks for the info Clueby.  Had a friend that shared his CEHTSiB and based on that particular bottle, I would be willing to give either the small batch or single barrel a go.  But I'm with you on the price if there is not that much difference in the two and both were available.  

My friend may have just been lucky w the Single Barrel too...have read that some are not as good as the SmBatch.

Passed up OB Rhetoric 22 at $150. They had more SAOS I have ever seen too. Everything was priced about $10 more than I usually see. Disappointing because it seemed like a nice store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:25 PM, emr454 said:

Passed on Stagg Jr at $48.99 only because I was more focused on the OGD 114. ECBP was out of stock but the sign said $48.99. First time I've seen either of these bourbons at a reasonable price. I hope to find them both there next time I can get back to that store

Hmm those seem like solid prices!

Just now, namadio said:

Hmm those seem like solid prices!

Very reasonable for this area. ECBP has been $60ish and I've seen Stagg Jr range from $70-90. So many bottles, not enough cash!

Found Weller SR today - $60 for 1L and $100 for 1.75. Also ETL for $100. Needless to say - I passed on all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, knoxdocs said:

Elijah Craig 18 on the bottom shelf . . . Don't see that very often

Last time I saw EC 18 it was locked in a glass case at near $200 if memory serves me, or maybe that was EC 23?

9 hours ago, knoxdocs said:

Elijah Craig 18 on the bottom shelf . . . Don't see that very often

OK, I give up - how much was it?????   :D

9 hours ago, GeeTen said:

OK, I give up - how much was it?????   :D

Sorry for the suspense.  It was 160 $

I picked up an EC 18 this fall for $120... I asked the LS manager if it's twice as good as the ECBP, he said, "I don't know if it's twice as good, but It's twice as rare."

Out looking for Ogd 114 saw a bookers for $99.99 and a Blantons for $119.99, passed on those but found the Ogd for 29.99 so not a total waste of time. 

Said no to ORVW10 at $299.99, FR PS OESQ at $79.99, 1792 FS at $49.99 (only because I recently bought 2), Baby Saz at $59.99, RHF at $69.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.