What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

He bleeds the wrong color BLUE, while I bleed the correct color, RED.

Sorry for slight detail but is it just me that thinks that both head coaches remind you of used car sales man from upstate NY?

I can totally picture Calipari pitching cars at Gambino Ford in Westchester.

6 minutes ago, Hrchokie said:

Ha! Maroon and Orange myself but I do have the Cards in my final four. We hit like 17 3s at your place and still lost. You guys will be a very tough out

Figured that when I saw the Blacksburg location.  I've got season tickets and you guys were unconscious that night.  We decided that had you been lying down with a blindfold on and tried a 3 it would have gone in that night.  Love to watch Buzz sweat it up on the sideline.  He even came out in a VaTech T shirt the second half.  Hilarious.

3 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Figured that when I saw the Blacksburg location.  I've got season tickets and you guys were unconscious that night.  We decided that had you been lying down with a blindfold on and tried a 3 it would have gone in that night.  Love to watch Buzz sweat it up on the sideline.  He even came out in a VaTech T shirt the second half.  Hilarious.

If you ever make it down for a football or hoops game hit me up. Drinks will be on me.

10 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Joe I'm very curious on details of this blend you're having?

Pretty simple. 50:50  Wyoming Whiskey and Larceny.

Did the EC NAS do the trick? I haven't bought the NAS version yet but that color looks amazing. Your OF 1920 looks lonely, too.

EC is one of my go-to bourbons and I still thoroughly enjoy the NAS. I have no 12 year old left for SBS. The Old Forester 1920 won't be so lonely after the Wildcats tip off on Friday.

Round 3 tonight, is the last of the three wise men: Four Roses Single Barrel.

454a9d4c1e2bfb09b30a40dd6dfabfdc.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hrchokie said:

If you ever make it down for a football or hoops game hit me up. Drinks will be on me.

I will definitely take you up on that offer.  My goal is to get to each of the ACC stadiums to see a game.

OldFitz, we must think alike.  I decided that tonight was a good Single Barrel night so I started with

Evan Williams Vintage 2008 Single Barrel Bourbon Whiskey  and then finished the night with a pour of

four_roses_single_barrel_whiskey.jpg  .  Love the sweet spiciness of the FRSB.

Edited by CardsandBourbon

2 hours ago, whiskeyagonzo said:

Just a wee nip of some killer OESKfe6f58db8d4f65635685966816cb442d.jpg

Yes!  I took a little nip of this today and all I have to say is WOW!

That OF1920 is great stuff as well.  Mine's been open for several months and getting better all the time.

Edited by 0895

Tonight I decided to go with some Blanton's Gold to start with. Just finished the night cap of EC12 and time for bed.

1 hour ago, JTaylor said:

OGD 114 tonight... been a while...

Me too, with all the uproar it might go away or be limited.  I found some at the old price.  I think it's one of Beam's best items.  Don't discontinue or mess with it!

Having a nightcap pour of HMcK BIB.  I have neglected this bottle since opening it a few months ago, I'm moving it to the front of my bar now.  Going to spend more time with this one over the next couple weeks. Cheers

^I had some more of this tonight, trying to finish off the bottle. I like the proof but it there's just not much in taste. I want to love this but don't see myself buying more.

Right after I had some OWA. When compared to OGD114 the OWA was so much better.

Been battling some brutal sinus / respiratory junk this week (seems to be a common theme this week for many people), meds finally started kicking in yesterday so I enjoyed a FRSiB while watching The Americans. 

15 hours ago, whiskeyagonzo said:

First time in a LS in I don't know how long. Came home with this 1920. Not too shabby. Certainly better than OFBB IMO. At least the past 4-5 years anyway. 90be85d247307ceeada66fc255240ce4.jpg

Very nice. Have not opened my yet.

15 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Nothing like WTRB to help the snow start to melt.

For round two tonight, I have a pour of EC NAS to try to help cope with the in-laws.

1e0a74d92e41a9f264e2ebf960019dfb.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Saw a bottle of that yesterday.

Having a new mix this evening, 50/50 Baby Saz & OWA. Each half is bringing something good. Is that a cocktail?

11 hours ago, dcbt said:

Been battling some brutal sinus / respiratory junk this week (seems to be a common theme this week for many people), meds finally started kicking in yesterday so I enjoyed a FRSiB while watching The Americans. 

Makes it tough tough to pick! Hot Toddy's have been helping me get through mine..... Wife on the other hand is moments from headed to the doctor

14 minutes ago, whiskeyagonzo said:

841f1443322102e45fec614235512da1.jpg
Having some dusty RB

There is a bottle I would like to try, cheers!

Having some EC NAS. They pack a ton of good flavor in that 94 proof bottle. Wasnt it 93.7 proof before or am I off?

Having some EC NAS. They pack a ton of good flavor in that 94 proof bottle. Wasnt it 93.7 proof before or am I off?

It was 12 year 94proof.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.