What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am having some Russell's Reserve.

1a744db3374c3c0f8779c0666356610a.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Evan Williams black with a couple cubes in a yeti tumbler. Just good bourbon that I don't have to think about!

Started with Bulleit Rye which was a departure for me as I tend more towards wheated pours.  Really like the slightly burnt caramel toffee flavor.

Moved on to CEHT Small Batch which I didn't enjoy as much as usual.  Might have been the Mexican food I had earlier. 

My son had a pour of MM Cask Strength which I took a sip of. Lots of flavor but I think it really needed to set for a few minutes and open up.

Edited by CardsandBourbon

I now have a pour of Woodford Reserve Double Oaked, as I hope that Florida Gulf Coast continue to make me look good in several of my NCAA bracket pools.

924ba34147d68e4a830d709034235a5d.jpg

27 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Started with Bulleit Rye which was a departure for me as I tend more towards wheated pours.  Really like the slightly burnt caramel toffee flavor.

Moved on to CEHT Small Batch which I didn't enjoy as much as usual.  Might have been the Mexican food I had earlier. 

My son had a pour of MM Cask Strength which I took a sip of. Lots of flavor but I think it really needed to set for a few minutes and open up.

Interesting note.  Went back and tried the MM Cask Strength to see if some time had opened it up.  It had a little but still was a bit harsh.  We decided to put just a small amount of water in it and bingo, brought it into balance and the flavor really came out. 

9 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Interesting note.  Went back and tried the MM Cask Strength to see if some time had opened it up.  It had a little but still was a bit harsh.  We decided to put just a small amount of water in it and bingo, brought it into balance and the flavor really came out. 

Next time, try an ice cube or two. ;)

^Dunk city.

Dunk City falls behind. Maybe EW Single Barrel will bring them around. This is round three for me tonight, and then I need to hit the sack for tomorrow I have a concert (Okilly Dokilly, Metalachi, and Mac Sabbath) and the UK game ( on DVR after the show).

9704fb0b7f9ff0c66f2f6a63e81bd7b5.jpg

Started the day off with an OFSB (i'm new and that might not be the correct abbreviation, but its the single barrel OF that i've seen popping up lately at local stores) at lunch. I wouldn't have ordered it, but it was on special for $7 and honestly I have been tempted a few times to pick up a bottle so i figured this would be a cheap way to try it out...... It was basically what i was expecting, i didn't hate it, but didn't love it. If i would have bought the bottle i would have been disappointed, but for $7 i'm glad i gave it a try. 

This evening i've had two drams of the 2016 Four Roses LE and also a dram of ER as a nightcap.

It was my first dram of ER in a while and i forgot how much i enjoy it. Not to take away from the Four Roses by any means, but for the $$$ the ER is still hard to beat in my books...... 

Started off the night with some 8 yr semi dusty 1792 which goes down way too fast and is way too good then decided to open a BT Westport Store Pick and wouldn't you know it that went down way too fast as well.

14 hours ago, whiskeyagonzo said:

841f1443322102e45fec614235512da1.jpg
Having some dusty RB

Very nice.

12 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Next time, try an ice cube or two. ;)

Joe, I would have done a cube or two, or one of my ice balls but it was my son's pour and he likes them neat.  However, I agree with you a cube or two would have been even better than the water.

I am going to have a pour of my Blanton's before heading out to the concert.

d476f028f50537d941c3b2f2c1a672e3.jpg

I don't do well bourbon. For the Mac Sabbath concert, I fill my flask with VOB BIB.

f9da651646e671ed54278bcb8b63a9ad.jpg

EW BIB tonight. Same as it ever was. :P

Cheers! Joe

EW BIB tonight. Same as it ever was. [emoji14]

Cheers! Joe

OF 1920 for me tonight. Mainly came here to post this pic though. 437e32ff81b35d2811f7be9da8dd5a9f.jpg

OF1920 might be in my Top 5 favorites now. Finally found and bought a bottle, really enjoying it. My brother in Wisconsin bought the last bottle of ETL in his local store and the owner thought he'd like the OF1920. He did, and recommended it to me. Really tasty, even if it's above my $50 limit for bourbons. When there is no ETL, it's going to be EHTSmB and OF1920 for me. Slainte!

Decided to have a pour of Pure Kentucky XO tonight.  Definitely taste the oak in this one.  A dry oaky taste (I like oak, in my bourbons and my wines) with a light spice finish at the end.

Edited by CardsandBourbon

It was BT store Select again tonight then I cracked open a EW Master Distillers Select crock to finish the night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four Roses Small Batch at the Mockstrosity your with Okilly Dokilly, Metalachi, and Mac Sabbath.

5f7e86f80fa86ca509964e3e227628aa.jpg

a4499c3464115c77ce60af5dfae1ca9e.jpg

SAOS as if I add going to drink anything else after the recent spending spree.

I went with a bottle of SAOS7 that has been getting low. It should be gone by tomorrow

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, whiskeyagonzo said:

OF 1920 for me tonight. Mainly came here to post this pic though. 437e32ff81b35d2811f7be9da8dd5a9f.jpg

Ohhhhhh.........well played!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.