What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Evan williams single barrel. Nice at 107 proof.
20170318_164642.thumb.jpg.69cb877bda1a2fd359915c211b0219f9.jpg

Very interesting where did you get this?

Having a very nice pour of WT Decades while cooking some jambalaya for supper.  Also in the background have a little Chuck Berry (RIP) playing of my favorite songs of all time "My Ding-A-Ling". He was one of the greats. Lost a good one......IMG_0713.thumb.JPG.bee0d542db2b93f45578829fa0e0ca45.JPG

Edited by LCWoody

Wow, we just saw chuck berry 2 years ago at blueberry hill

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, b1gcountry said:

Wow, we just saw chuck berry 2 years ago at blueberry hill

Had the honor of playing with him one time at the old Missouri Grille downtown. Playing a gig tonight in Soulard so I'm sure we will play a Chuck song or two tonight. Got a call on my way down here that my brother in law passed away this evening as well at only 70. Having some Wild Turkey 101 in his honor. He was more of a KC guy but they don't have it here.

Had the honor of playing with him one time at the old Missouri Grille downtown. Playing a gig tonight in Soulard so I'm sure we will play a Chuck song or two tonight. Got a call on my way down here that my brother in law passed away this evening as well at only 70. Having some Wild Turkey 101 in his honor. He was more of a KC guy but they don't have it here.

We had dinner in Alton, and some German folk band was playing. They were pretty good, but they were still a German folk band.

Sorry to gear about your brother in law

What band do you play in clueby?

At dinner tonight before enjoying the Illusionists at the Kentucky Center for the Arts did a wheat flight.  Started off with MM, moved on to WSR and finished with my first ever pour of ORVW 10.

Every time I stray from a classic mainstay like EC12 for a long time and then come back to it (like tonight) I wonder why. EC12 never disappoints.

Just now, Kepler said:

Every time I stray from a classic mainstay like EC12 for a long time and then come back to it (like tonight) I wonder why. EC12 never disappoints.

This is correct.

1 hour ago, b1gcountry said:

We had dinner in Alton, and some German folk band was playing. They were pretty good, but they were still a German folk band.

Sorry to gear about your brother in law

What band do you play in clueby?

My "main" band right now is Pocket Change. Play mostly blues, funk, and classic rock. Fill in for a lot of different bands. I played blues for years with Buffalo Bob before he retired. 

11 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

Okay thanks, I'll just have to hunt down a pour and see for myself. :D

If you happen to find it at the bar and can do a SBS, I'd sure be interested in hearing your opinion of the stuff. Good luck!

6 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Having a very nice pour of WT Decades while cooking some jambalaya for supper.  Also in the background have a little Chuck Berry (RIP) playing of my favorite songs of all time "My Ding-A-Ling". He was one of the greats. Lost a good one......IMG_0713.thumb.JPG.bee0d542db2b93f45578829fa0e0ca45.JPG

I agree, great song.  I haven't had decades yet though.

Opened up with Booker's Toogie's, moved on to SAOS single barrel 10 yr. 

finally tried some KC2001 with a friend. Certainly good whiskey. I only wish we would've had some other KC variety available for SBS comparisons

I am going up to a neighbor's house for a celebratory toast after UK's hard fought win over the Shockers.

ee801fd486bcf4d4ef6db182a37a4f01.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

A small pour of SAOS 11 yr single barrel while I wait for the goals to get ready to grill some steaks.

9b51c9f7c1c281d58bd681917044f2d4.jpg

c628941ecc73d029c42f67bd26a52db3.jpg

A small pour of SAOS 11 yr single barrel while I wait for the goals to get ready to grill some steaks.

9b51c9f7c1c281d58bd681917044f2d4.jpg

c628941ecc73d029c42f67bd26a52db3.jpg

How do you like it?

Having a great pour of old scout single barrel 10-year-old  while sitting by the fire watching some meat burn with my dog at my feet. Doesn't get too much better than this. IMG_1453.thumb.JPG.f343ddc14e60c92769010e85ecf3857e.JPG

Having a great pour of old scout single barrel 10-year-old  while sitting by the fire watching some meat burn with my dog at my feet. Doesn't get too much better than this. IMG_1453.thumb.JPG.f343ddc14e60c92769010e85ecf3857e.JPG

Livin' the dream.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.