What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Russell's Reserve 10 Year with Metalachi on stage!
b4a6c62d8ca9910121ec329c8e7f0d0e.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

^Fitz your dedicated, hey sorry to break it to you but UK is down 15 points.

LOL (as he checks the score on his phone)!  :lol:

Stagg jr to start. After that I polished off a bottle of HH6BIB. The night cap was a small pour of 1792 High Rye. No matter what, it was a good night on the Bourbon beverage front.

3 hours ago, whiskeyagonzo said:

OF 1920 for me tonight. Mainly came here to post this pic though. 437e32ff81b35d2811f7be9da8dd5a9f.jpg

Agree with flahute. Very well played. This wins best post of the day.

IMG_1056.thumb.JPG.78e67fa41199056d8c78a97e1856ea34.JPG

I wonder what Canadian Club is going to taste like when they sell off all there good barrels of rye and have nothing left for there blend.

I dunno.  Yeah, I know this stuff is overpriced.  And it goes against some of my principles.  It is pretty tasty though. 

I don't mean it in a bad way. I'm sure it's, really good some of the best rye you can buy. I just don't get why Canadian Club or whoever can't figure out a way to sell this directly to the consumer instead of a NDO. They'd make more money and we'd get a better deal. Also the Canadian distilleries even if business has been slow are likely running low on rye for there blends.

Getting ready for some March Madness and enjoying a small pour of MM 46. The rebarreling of this bourbon gives it a hint of wood, with a nice sweetness and subtle vanilla undertone. An elegant bourbon that I have no problem pouring anytime. 

10 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I don't mean it in a bad way. I'm sure it's, really good some of the best rye you can buy. I just don't get why Canadian Club or whoever can't figure out a way to sell this directly to the consumer instead of a NDO. They'd make more money and we'd get a better deal. Also the Canadian distilleries even if business has been slow are likely running low on rye for there blends.

Because the majority of consumers aren't as aware as we are here. They will see a 16 year old Canadian whiskey on the shelf and say "No thanks, I don't like Canadian whiskey". They see Lock Stock on the shelf and say "Oh yeah! 16 yr old rye whiskey with an old timey frontier name! Must be legit!". And they won't read the fine print on the label.

11 hours ago, Kepler said:

I dunno.  Yeah, I know this stuff is overpriced.  And it goes against some of my principles.  It is pretty tasty though. 

I really, really want to try this, as I love older Ryes. But I'm a little concerned it's going to be WhistplePig with a bit more age on it. Not that that is a bad thing, but I'm not sure how I would feel about paying ~3x as much for it. My understanding is this is from ADL where WhistplePig sources their 10 year.

Have you compared the two? If the LSB16 is significantly better than WP10 I don't think I would mind the premium. I'm going to be in LA next weekend and I'm stopping at Seven Grand, which has a huge selection so maybe I can find a pour of LSB16 or 13.

Edited by EarthQuake

50 minutes ago, EarthQuake said:

I really, really want to try this, as I love older Ryes. But I'm a little concerned it's going to be WhistplePig with a bit more age on it. Not that that is a bad thing, but I'm not sure how I would feel about paying ~3x as much for it. My understanding is this is from ADL where WhistplePig sources their 10 year.

Have you compared the two? If the LSB16 is significantly better than WP10 I don't think I would mind the premium. I'm going to be in LA next weekend and I'm stopping at Seven Grand, which has a huge selection so maybe I can find a pour of LSB16 or 13.

EQ, I wish I could help you here but unfortunately I've never tried anything from WhistlePig.  I'm not an expert rye drinker and this one was a bit of a deviation purchase for me, as a reward to myself :) .  

But I'm not sorry I bought it because it's a very interesting pour unlike anything else I have in my liquor cabinet.  But I only have a handful of ryes in total ... WT101 & 81 rye, Rittenhouse, Michters LE barrel proof, and THH are ones I can think of.  

12 minutes ago, Kepler said:

EQ, I wish I could help you here but unfortunately I've never tried anything from WhistlePig.  I'm not an expert rye drinker and this one was a bit of a deviation purchase for me, as a reward to myself :) .  

But I'm not sorry I bought it because it's a very interesting pour unlike anything else I have in my liquor cabinet.  But I only have a handful of ryes in total ... WT101 & 81 rye, Rittenhouse, Michters LE barrel proof, and THH are ones I can think of.  

Okay thanks, I'll just have to hunt down a pour and see for myself. :D

Blanton on this beautiful day after St. Patrick's day here in Eastern Tennessee

IMG_5316.jpg.c9236eb52d2bc149731db826305eb2b2.jpg

I'm celebrating my (empty) barrel purchase with a pour of DSP 16/24 Old Fitz BIB:P

Cheers! Joe

brl3.jpg

I'm celebrating my (empty) barrel purchase with a pour of DSP 16/24 Old Fitz BIB. [emoji14]

Cheers! Joe

brl3.jpg.b8cfc3070dcb764c6478fe8259f6d22a.jpg

We noticed!

We also noticed the name on the barrel.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.