What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

47 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

One of these days.

Let me know if you help!  

Bill

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

Delivery guy showed up with this today.  Looking forward to trying it for the first time.

IMAG1715[1].jpg

Let me know if you need any assistance !

My favorite local LS proprietor called to tell me he was holding a bottle for me... Dropped by on my way home and a 2016 Thomas H Handy went home with me for $97.

Had my hopes set for a William Larue Weller but he only received one bottle of that and I was 2nd on the list. Oh well, I'm happy with my consolation prize!

9 hours ago, BillP said:

You're a looking man!  Merry Christmas !

Thanks, Merry Christmas to you too!

Ma! Can we keep 'em? 

I don't know son, that one in the right looks like it might bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Golzee said:

I was gifted a WTKS by a good friend.  Anybody been sipping on recent WTKS?

I really like it.  I know many often prefer WTRB, based on price and proof.  I find it to be slightly drier on the finish than WTRB or WT101 and to be less over powered by the alcohol hit up front.  I believe both qualities are what makes it one of my favorite WT products.  Price being equal, and occasionally it is, it is the one I pick up.

Is OGD 114 ending soon? Bought these at $26, which would've been a premium price not long ago. Guess I'll keep bunkering at that price.

1792 High Rye  ,  eh ...

1792 Full Proof has grown on me

20161224_144620[1].jpg

Edited by jbowl

12 minutes ago, jbowl said:

Is OGD 114 ending soon? Bought these at $26, which would've been a premium price not long ago. Guess I'll keep bunkering at that price.

1792 High Rye  ,  eh ...

1792 Full Proof has grown on me

20161224_144620[1].jpg

supposeedly so. once the news seemed credible, I went out and bought 10 @ $26 each. Last year they were $22. Earlier this week, I bet I was in 15 stores and saw not a one left. grab em while you can

24 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Out for my last errands before Christmas and ended up with:

Bookers

OWA

ETL

VOB

W12

MWND

I want to hear the rest of the story.  You just don't go out running errands and end up with a bottle of Weller 12!

10 minutes ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

I want to hear the rest of the story.  You just don't go out running errands and end up with a bottle of Weller 12!

There is a store that has a tradition of putting out some harder to find bottles on Christmas Eve

52 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

There is a store that has a tradition of putting out some harder to find bottles on Christmas Eve

That's actually pretty cool!  Kind of a nice treat for customers.  Congratulations on your finds!

5 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

That's actually pretty cool!  Kind of a nice treat for customers.  Congratulations on your finds!

Makes it easy to support a store like that. Congrats on some good bottles. 

2 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

Went out looking today wondering if a similar miracle might occur for me.  ...I was pleasantly surprised to come across the Midwinter Night's Dram, and the Evan Williams Single Barrel (2008) was only 19.99.  The Henry McKenna is there because I ca't get enough of the stuff...

IMG_2945.JPG

4 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

Nice! I was getting ready to ask the same question.

Just in time for Christmas, a bottle of Elliot's Select came home with my wife. For the second year in a row her name got pulled in a lottery at the small independent local.

Got a bottle of 1792 today. Never had it before and reviews were positive. I found it quite good but it is a bit oily. I didn't mind it at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came across a bottle of 2014 G.T.S.

It was a little above MRSP, but not too much over and thankfully nowhere near the prices in the secondary market. 

Was picking up mixings for my other half and found one bottle of OGD114 on the shelf so he went home with me... Christmas came early today 8-)

Dan

It was an early Christmas for me today. Picked up a case of HH6BIB to add to the bunker. Then a little later while out getting more wine for the the wife, stumbled upon another bottle of RY10SB which have been hard to find back home. I didn't think there were any bottles left in the city of Louisville. Needles to say I was a happy camper. Cheers and Merry Christmas everyone!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.