What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Went looking for BT Bourbon Cream to take to a friend tonight as a holiday gift. Was told by the shop owner that he only gets one case a year and sold his last bottle yesterday for $35. He recommended the Black Button as a substitute on sale for $30 down from $33 so I got it thinking it might be my next best choice. Tried another store and they had four of the BT on the shelf for $25 each. Grabbed two, one for my friend and one for me. Just tried some of the Black Button in coffee and it is tasty. 

IMG_2526.JPG

Damn, the BT cream is a staple in my house but it runs $20 and is widely available in Atlanta. It's just not $35 good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A FRSB PS OESV, 12yr 1mo, and a George Dickel Hand Selected Barrel 9yr.

Edited by Journeyman

Just relocated to Boston, went into a liquor store and saw an OWA sitting on the shelf. Decided to help myself to it, $24.99, and no tax, I can certainly get used to this!

A fellow SBer did me a favor and picked up a KCSB store pick that is 13yrs old in KY and delivered it today. Looking to try this one soon. Have to finish the other open bottle first.

2 hours ago, Journeyman said:

A FRSB PS OESV, 12yr 1mo, and a George Dickel Hand Selected Barrel 9yr.

Nice. Is that 4R PS in the Oregon liquor store system?

A. Bowman Gingerbread-Cocoa finished.

Just different and interesting enough that I justified needing it.

I also needed to break the ice on buying my first Bowman product :)

IMAG1724[1].jpg

19 hours ago, Thig said:

My local store, got 4 limiteds today and offered me any two at retail.  Naturally I chose the Thomas H Handy and the FRLE Small Batch.  I already have the other two in my bunker.

3872.jpeg

Very nice!

12 hours ago, Redslayer said:

Spending some time in GA and was lucky enough to find some AAA.

RenderedContent-AA815FB3-1ECB-4E50-A5A4-72AD5388E075.JPG

How is this? Can you compare it to anything out there now?

9 hours ago, flahute said:

Nice. Is that 4R PS in the Oregon liquor store system?

I bought this at the Tenth Avenue Liquor Store in Portland, which is part of Oregon's liquor store system.  They only have one PS on the shelf but had several more in back.  I'd heard that they had the 12yo OESV and so asked them for it.  The 12+ yo bottlings seem to be getting rare, so I wanted to make sure I got one of these. 

Not today but the last couple of days and most wasn't for me but a few other SBr's here in NC

2xWFE 14 yr

1xWFE 12 yr 

12xHH6BIB

6xKCSB 13yr 9 mo 

4xEW Distillers Select Crock

4xBT Bourbon Cream

1x1792FP Store Pick

2xFlatboat

3xHancocks Reserve Store Pick

1x4rPS

1xEC23

2xBT Store Pick

1x Willet Pot Still

2xBelle Meade Store Pick 9yr SB

I think that's all... Picture shows most of it but there was more in the backseat

Trunk.JPG

12 minutes ago, Hop said:

Not today but the last couple of days and most wasn't for me but a few other SBr's here in NC

2xWFE 14 yr

1xWFE 12 yr 

12xHH6BIB

6xKCSB 13yr 9 mo 

4xBT Bourbon Cream

1x1792FP Store Pick

2xFlatboat

1x4rPS

1xEC23

2xBT Store Pick

1x Willet Pot Still

I think that's all... Picture shows most of it but there was more in the backseat

Trunk.JPG

Wow, you are like Bourbon Santa Claus! That's a nice haul, even if it's mostly not for you. Where was the 13 year KCSB from? Liquor Barn?

1 hour ago, Journeyman said:

I bought this at the Tenth Avenue Liquor Store in Portland, which is part of Oregon's liquor store system.  They only have one PS on the shelf but had several more in back.  I'd heard that they had the 12yo OESV and so asked them for it.  The 12+ yo bottlings seem to be getting rare, so I wanted to make sure I got one of these. 

I bet that is some delicious juice!

OESV remains as one of my top favs. of the 10 recipes.  Has that delicious creamy custard thing going on in every bottle I've tasted.

Barrel Bourbon Batch #009, 13yr.  $80 OTD.  Have to resist urge to open it on the way home . . . . . . .  "Resistance is Futile!"   ;)

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Barrel Bourbon Batch #009, 13yr.  $80 OTD.  Have to resist urge to open it on the way home . . . . . . .  "Resistance is Futile!"   ;)

Let me know how that is. A 13 year, barrel proofer for $80 seems like a decent deal, but if it's anything like the Dickel 9 Year I have, I will not like it. 

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Enjoy this, I loved the batch 9. I bought a batch 10 today to compare to the 7, 8 & 9 I have at home. Batches 8 & 9 are fantastic

6 hours ago, Hop said:

2xWFE 14 yr

1xWFE 12 yr 

12xHH6BIB

6xKCSB 13yr 9 mo 

4xBT Bourbon Cream

1x1792FP Store Pick

2xFlatboat

1x4rPS

1xEC23

2xBT Store Pick

1x Willet Pot Still

Trunk.JPG

Nice haul Hop.

I couldn't help but chuckle a little when I saw the trunk picture. I thought about Harry. IIRC, Harry has an SUV, but I can't help but  think that if Harry had a car, his trunk would look something like your pic. :D

Cheers! Joe

Made final state-line run this year.  Stocked up on Rye; grabbed the 1792 Full Proof and High Rye; grabbed one more McKenna for safe keeping; and could not resist Canadian Club 12 Classic for 13.99 with in-store rebate.  As you can see, I already went and sampled the CC12C.  It's really quite good.  

12-30rye.jpg

12-30.jpg

Out of curiosity what's considered a state line run up there?  Wisconsin, Indiana or Iowa?  I just know are Illinois prices seem high..

18 minutes ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

Out of curiosity what's considered a state line run up there?  Wisconsin, Indiana or Iowa?  I just know are Illinois prices seem high..

Wisconsin.  For me, about 40 miles away.  

On 12/29/2016 at 1:35 PM, Thig said:

My local store, got 4 limiteds today and offered me any two at retail.  Naturally I chose the Thomas H Handy and the FRLE Small Batch.  I already have the other two in my bunker.

3872.jpeg

Wise decision, T.  I have not tried it but I understand this years THH is really good.

On 12/29/2016 at 4:57 PM, Charlutz said:

Went looking for BT Bourbon Cream to take to a friend tonight as a holiday gift. Was told by the shop owner that he only gets one case a year and sold his last bottle yesterday for $35. He recommended the Black Button as a substitute on sale for $30 down from $33 so I got it thinking it might be my next best choice. Tried another store and they had four of the BT on the shelf for $25 each. Grabbed two, one for my friend and one for me. Just tried some of the Black Button in coffee and it is tasty. 

IMG_2526.JPG

Some people use Glencairns, others rocks glasses.  Do you use that Minions cup in the background?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.