What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wow. Isnt the the extremely rare Distillers Misprint limited Edition Bookers 4 Pack. The one where Beam accidentally put 4 2015 bottles in a 2016 box. I heard it's worth $5000 on the secondary market and now that Beam knows how rare it is they are raising the MSRP to $1000. 

4 minutes ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

Wow. Isnt the the extremely rare Distillers Misprint limited Edition Bookers 4 Pack. The one where Beam accidentally put 4 2015 bottles in a 2016 box. I heard it's worth $5000 on the secondary market and now that Beam knows how rare it is they are raising the MSRP to $1000. 

Nice!!:lol:

16 hours ago, gmiller598 said:

I snagged EHT Straight Rye and Small Batch at a couple of local stores today.

Very nice choice's.

11 hours ago, JTaylor said:

IMG_1417.JPG

Very nice. Never seen a Booker's Collection like that before.

Added another 1792 SiB and FP to the bunker, of course that happened after saying I was done buying for last year :/

I managed to get a Lot B yesterday at MSRP. Not a bad way to end 2016. 

It will likely be my last purchase for a while. 

On 12/30/2016 at 5:19 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Nice haul Hop.

I couldn't help but chuckle a little when I saw the trunk picture. I thought about Harry. IIRC, Harry has an SUV, but I can't help but  think that if Harry had a car, his trunk would look something like your pic. :D

Cheers! Joe

Joe - I traded in a sedan for the mid-sized SUV.  My trunk did look like that, complete with netting to keep them from flopping around.  SUV has that tray above the spare tire and below the storage floor.  Hence, no need for netting OR telltale boxes.

Went on a mini local hunt to the tiny strip-mall stores near me.  Over five stores, I scored 6 OWA and 2 age stated EC.  This was a nice haul as no Weller products have seen the light of day at the larger stores for a long time, and I was out of OWA.  

Was in Cincy yesterday and made a stop at Party Source. The volume of spirits is impressive, nothing crazy bourbon wise.  I was disappointed with the store picks, no FRCS at all.  Grabbed a McKenna for $27.99 and Bulleit BS for $48.99.  BBS isn't available in Indiana yet, so I went out on a limb.  A local store let me have another ETL today $37.99.  

E5FE97FF-DBAF-4383-86D4-22EBF73336B5_zps

Edited by Nm0369

2 hours ago, netboog said:

Had a successful hunt up in the mountains. Sad its easier to find OWA up there than in the big city.

20170101_203131.jpg

Nice grab. Is that two 375s and a 750? Can't tell if my eyes are playing tricks on me. 

10 minutes ago, jackthedog said:

Nice grab. Is that two 375s and a 750? Can't tell if my eyes are playing tricks on me. 

1.75 OWA and 375's of ER10. The cashier was surprised/curious why I cleared out his ER10 children.

5 minutes ago, netboog said:

1.75 OWA and 375's of ER10. The cashier was surprised/curious why I cleared out his ER10 children.

That would explain it! I still see those 375mls every so often. For a little while they still had the Single Barrel designation around me. 

Went to Costco to pick up a bottle of Jefferson Ocean to try and they just received Voyage 9 today, so I bought both voyage 8 and 9 to compare.  It's just amazing what you can find at Costco sometimes.....I spotted Lagavulan, Lephroig and McCallan plus a 24YO Kirkland blend for scotch drinkers.

Edited by Ghstudio

3 hours ago, Ghstudio said:

It's just amazing what you can find at Costco sometimes.....

Not the Costco's in the Indy area.  I believe our local buyer just isn't much of a bourbon or rye fan.  Mostly MM, MM46, WR, JB, EC, Breckenridge, Bulleit.  They do have some OF 1920.  Every once in a while ER.  They seem more focused on wine and scotch.  I understand.  I always look but rarely find anything worthwhile.  I have plenty of other options for bourbon.  

Saw ECBP in the wild for the first time ever - picked up a batch 9 @135.6 proof & a batch 12 @136 proof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9 hours ago, gusto16 said:

Saw ECBP in the wild for the first time ever - picked up a batch 9 @135.6 proof & a batch 12 @136 proof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awesome choice. Enjoy!

23 hours ago, netboog said:

Had a successful hunt up in the mountains. Sad its easier to find OWA up there than in the big city.

20170101_203131.jpg

Very nice. I've been thinking about getting some more of ER10 for the bunker.

Edited by MTNBourbon

20 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

Was in Cincy yesterday and made a stop at Party Source. The volume of spirits is impressive, nothing crazy bourbon wise.  I was disappointed with the store picks, no FRCS at all.  Grabbed a McKenna for $27.99 and Bulleit BS for $48.99.  BBS isn't available in Indiana yet, so I went out on a limb.  A local store let me have another ETL today $37.99.  

E5FE97FF-DBAF-4383-86D4-22EBF73336B5_zps

Nice. Never seen the Bulleit Barrel Strength before. What is the proof on it?

On 12/31/2016 at 3:43 PM, MarkM said:

812a844d6c89aa28ec7fd26ce537b952.jpg

A couple of things to ring in the new year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark, I have to ask! Where are you finding Baby Saz in Michigan?! Everywhere around me never carries it!

22 hours ago, Ghstudio said:

Went to Costco to pick up a bottle of Jefferson Ocean to try and they just received Voyage 9 today, so I bought both voyage 8 and 9 to compare.  It's just amazing what you can find at Costco sometimes.....I spotted Lagavulan, Lephroig and McCallan plus a 24YO Kirkland blend for scotch drinkers.

They didn't have any Glanlivit?  Sorry Gh, I couldn't resist. :lol:

Please tell us how the two Jeffersons taste.

4 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Nice. Never seen the Bulleit Barrel Strength before. What is the proof on it?

119.2 for this batch

Family size Old Forester 86 proof on clearance for $25.  It is the old style diamond label, so I figured what the hell.  I recently tried the 86 proof and thought it was good for what it was.  Figured the older label might be better.

Mark, I have to ask! Where are you finding Baby Saz in Michigan?! Everywhere around me never carries it!

Where abouts in MI do you live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.