What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Nice representation across distilleries.  While ER10 is an easier find these days than it was a year or two ago, you are still hard pressed to find it for under $30.  Most places price it at $39.99.  When it comes in to TW every couple months I'll grab one at $28.99.  I used to drink KC a lot but the NAS and the Beam "funk" has pushed me to other stuff.  I'll still have it occasionally at a bar.  Same with WT101. I don't typically keep it at home but its always a good bar alternative.  Out of what you have displayed I would probably pick HMCK as my favorite but I haven't done the sbs tasting like that before.

Where I'm at I can get the ER10 for $26 without too much trouble and if I'm desperate can get it for $30. Have a place with RR10 at $25, picked up there last bottle but she said she's getting more.

KC is a 9yr store pick which I really like and will need to get another. The HM was the real surprise that barrel is awesome, much better than my previous bottle.

I seem to like offerings from all the major distilleries except Brown which I haven't cared that much for with the exception of OF1920 but not better than high proof alternatives.

Last night I decided that I needed my "Wheaties" so I enjoyed a pour of WSR, followed by a bit of Larceny and topped off with some OWA 107.  I felt a lot stronger after having my "Wheaties". ;):D

4 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Also goes well on the golf course in my golf bag flask.

We had a big Mother's Day cooking at our house last night. After everyone left I turned on some ESPN 30 on 30. The documentary was on none other than John Daly. You know it would've been fun playing golf with him!

Cheers,

Jeff

Finishing the day in good company while my wife is in bed. Don't tell anybody. 

Cheers!

Will

IMG_8334.JPG

1 minute ago, Masset1982 said:

Cheers!

Will

Don't tell anybody what Will? ;)

Cheers! Joe

11 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Don't tell anybody what Will? ;)

Cheers! Joe

I know I'm safe here! ;)

Yesterday was a bit of VOB 100p they dropped the 6 and i cant tell from the label that it is bib so VOB 100p. Anyhow I enjoy it and in its price range i find it a pleasant counterpoint to HH6 which is also a favorite. This evening has me going a round with FC6yr age stated. This one more than any other responds most drastically to drops of water and that response   Always puts this bird right in my wheelhouse, good stuff HH I hope one day stocks return to the level where the 6yrs returns to the label. 

Cheers!

Will
IMG_8334.thumb.JPG.4798b464a59f6fb5c52035f5fb2102ef.JPG

Will drinks nothing but the best. I want to come on one day to see you drinking JBW or something.

50 minutes ago, kcgumbohead said:

Yesterday was a bit of VOB 100p they dropped the 6 and i cant tell from the label that it is bib so VOB 100p. Anyhow I enjoy it and in its price range i find it a pleasant counterpoint to HH6 which is also a favorite. This evening has me going a round with FC6yr age stated. This one more than any other responds most drastically to drops of water and that response   Always puts this bird right in my wheelhouse, good stuff HH I hope one day stocks return to the level where the 6yrs returns to the label. 

OK so I cant edit my post for some reason so i will have to fix it this way

apparently Dumbass me cant read script anymore as the label CLEARLY says "bottled in bond" thats all, carry on...

2 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

OK so I cant edit my post for some reason so i will have to fix it this way

apparently Dumbass me cant read script anymore as the label CLEARLY says "bottled in bond" thats all, carry on...

If that is your first mistake this year, you are doing just fine.  I've been in double digits since January 6th.

Tonight - HMcK BIB 10YR bottle 2498.  My trash can OGD BIB is feeling neglected.  Maybe tomorrow, Grand Dad, maybe tomorrow.

While watching Dancing With the Stars (my guilty pleasure) had a pour of EW Single Barrel 2008 and then a little WRDO.

9 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Will drinks nothing but the best. I want to come on one day to see you drinking JBW or something.

I drink what i have access to, that's all, if you had the choice betweeen JBW and some WT12, you wouldn't hesitate one second.;)

A bit of JD Silver Select last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having an "early birthday pour", since the lawn is done, the house is spic & span, the pooch has been walked, and all need to do before the family arrives to celebrate my birthday and my son-n-law's in a combined way; is to shower, shave and dress.    So, I treated myself to one of my faves: William Larue Weller from 2012.  

I'm truly savoring the sweet caramel, vanilla, brown sugar, pecan praline, and devastatingly aromatic nature of the nose.  

I think I may have time for another quick one before the folx arrive!     Lucky, lucky me!

After a long, hard, hot day at work, I'm having a couple of pours of my 2017 Sampler Blend. It's really hitting the spot today. 

Cheers! Joe

Hmm,ECBP batch 1 even. But I see that the Hamilton St. Lucia 8yo CS is lurking in the background. I can hear it saying "please, please let me funk that up a bit"!

Might have to get the batch 1 I opened up recently out and let it play a bit as well!

Indeed. That Hamilton is a popular pour in my household recently.

Having a very good pour of EHT SB. This is the first bottle I've had in probably 2 years and it's very good. 

Polishing off the final dregs of a good to the last drop, store pick (MC's, of Knoxville) KCSB.  

5 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Having an "early birthday pour", since the lawn is done, the house is spic & span, the pooch has been walked, and all need to do before the family arrives to celebrate my birthday and my son-n-law's in a combined way; is to shower, shave and dress.    So, I treated myself to one of my faves: William Larue Weller from 2012.  

I'm truly savoring the sweet caramel, vanilla, brown sugar, pecan praline, and devastatingly aromatic nature of the nose.  

I think I may have time for another quick one before the folx arrive!     Lucky, lucky me!

I wouldn't even need a birthday present if I had a couple of pours of that :D. Have a happy one

Having a guilty pour of Ecbp 136. Guilty because it is sooo good and wife is putting daughter to bed

18 minutes ago, bourbon4all said:

I wouldn't even need a birthday present if I had a couple of pours of that :D. Have a happy one

Thanx!     I did have another!    And.... a few more, when my son-in-law arrived with the rest of the family.     A great night of pours, euchre, dinner, not to mention presents.     All in all, a great way to celebrate the day.

Thanx!     I did have another!    And.... a few more, when my son-in-law arrived with the rest of the family.     A great night of pours, euchre, dinner, not to mention presents.     All in all, a great way to celebrate the day.

Happy Birthday Rich! [emoji482]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First post. I'm happy to have found this forum. I had some Larceny earlier and now some Henry McKenna 10yr BiB. I've been a craft beer guy for many years. I've enjoyed bourbons and ryes, but just in the background until a recent trip to bourbon country. That helped me realize what flavors I enjoy, so fortunate or not, I'm head first down the rabbit hole. 

I finally got my hands on some Elmer T. Lee a couple of weeks ago and I am really enjoying it.  I love the flavor and it is really smooth.  If it was more readily available in my state, I could see this being a bottle I frequented quite a bit.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.