What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 hours ago, Ruffin51 said:

Kroger in central Indiana is offering 30% off their already good prices when you mix and match six bottles today and tomorrow.

Really enjoyed my first bottle of Monkey Shoulder - lots of banana bread on that one. Glad to pick a replacement bottle up for very cheap. 

Havent tried Banknote, I'll keep a eye out for it

What made you think the 30% off sale was yesterday and today? I went to a couple Kroger's on the east side this morning and saw normal pricing.

IMG_0574.thumb.JPG.c7391a2cb0d49f6f54e2dc8e8c8e2451.JPG

Son and I went fishing today and other than freezing our butts off we didn't do too good.  So on the way home we stopped by one of our local stores and picked up a couple of bottles of . . . 

4RSB_zpspmblxtmv.jpeg

Mine is on the left OESO, 8 years 6 months, 113.4 proof.  His is the one on the right OBSF, 9 years 0 months, 121.7 proof.

Old Williamsburg 101 proof says "this whiskey is at least seven years old" on the back label. Bottled in MN anyone try this one? $25.00 for a 750ml 

Picked up a couple age stated Fighting Cocks for $14 + tax and an age stated Knob Creek for $25+ tax

I like my WTMK Decades enough that I decided to buy another one today.

20 minutes ago, flahute said:

I like my WTMK Decades enough that I decided to buy another one today.

Flahute, 

Did you try WTMK?  If so, how does Decades compare to WTMK?

Thanks

12 hours ago, Knocksville10 said:

Have heard good things... so I decided to jump.

IMG_4089.JPG

Never seen that one before.

1 hour ago, MTNBourbon said:

Never seen that one before.

Neither have I. Quite interested....distillery shop only? What'd it cost? Proof? Your impressions? Clue us in, please!

14 hours ago, Knocksville10 said:

IMG_4089.JPG

Great find, I would love to try this!

11 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Flahute, 

Did you try WTMK?  If so, how does Decades compare to WTMK?

Thanks

I have both, yes. I was too far into barrel proofers last night to try a Decades/17yr sbs but will do so tonight. It's been too long since my last taste of the 17yr to compare them by memory.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:52 PM, HoustonNit said:

I want to thank the fine people of the state of Kentucky and in particular the folks at the Buffalo Trace Distillery for sending another shipment of WA107 to Houston.

1dfb8e1b5c1dd50952458983aacb3c08.jpg

You're just showing off now.

Yesterday, I picked up a couple of aged stated KC's, a PS KCSB, EC NAS, and a HM BIB.   

22 hours ago, Knocksville10 said:

IMG_4089.JPG

Hope Knocksville proves my taste buds wrong. I really like GD12, GDBS, and the Hand Selected but this one fall flat. I keep giving it more chances but it continues to disappoint?

Please say something good. (I've got too much bunkered):(

On 3/31/2017 at 10:36 PM, Ruffin51 said:

Kroger in central Indiana is offering 30% off their already good prices when you mix and match six bottles today and tomorrow.

Really enjoyed my first bottle of Monkey Shoulder - lots of banana bread on that one. Glad to pick a replacement bottle up for very cheap. 

Havent tried Banknote, I'll keep a eye out for it

Was that just for the weekend?  I had to work this weekend and haven't been to the store since last week.  Those prices are pretty good.

On 4/1/2017 at 7:09 PM, CardsandBourbon said:

Son and I went fishing today and other than freezing our butts off we didn't do too good.  So on the way home we stopped by one of our local stores and picked up a couple of bottles of . . . 

4RSB_zpspmblxtmv.jpeg

Mine is on the left OESO, 8 years 6 months, 113.4 proof.  His is the one on the right OBSF, 9 years 0 months, 121.7 proof.

I forgot to mention that both bottles had the sexy leather neck piece.  

13 minutes ago, Ruffin51 said:

Nm and mbroo: 

IMG_5282.JPG

Hmmm...I must've missed that sign.  I guess it was an additional discount taken at checkout.  I would have bought three KC 9yr and three M46 at the prices you paid.  :(

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:21 PM, r60slash5 said:

Old Williamsburg 101 proof says "this whiskey is at least seven years old" on the back label. Bottled in MN anyone try this one? $25.00 for a 750ml 

I bought one on a whim, it kind of reminds me of some of the KBD releases, seems like a blend of bulk purchased bourbon. I dig it actually and might pick up a few more at some point, I doubt the bottles that are at the local place are going anywhere.

Saw a Four Roses SiB LE 2014 at £135 and decided to pull the trigger. 

I bought one on a whim, it kind of reminds me of some of the KBD releases, seems like a blend of bulk purchased bourbon. I dig it actually and might pick up a few more at some point, I doubt the bottles that are at the local place are going anywhere.

This Old Williamsburg 101 sounds like OE101, wonder if they are both Luxco syuff from Heaven Hill?

1 minute ago, HoustonNit said:

This Old Williamsburg 101 sounds like OE101, wonder if they are both Luxco syuff from Heaven Hill?

Nope, the Old Williamsburg is bottled for Royal Wine Corp in Princeton, MN which is a kosher wine distributor, the bourbon itself is Kosher. The label doesn't state the state of the distillery that produced it but some old threads here allude to the fact that at least some of the bottlings they did were listed as blends from multiple producers:

My guess is this is also a dusty bottling as there are some mentions of the same product but with a 3 year age statement. The producer doesn't list this on their website anymore ether so it seems pretty apparent. To my taster having not done a side by side (I can I have both) I don't recall them being similar but we will know for sure at some point this week ;)

Snagged the last front age stated bottle of EC12 from a hole in the wall LS. Over the last month or so I've picked up the last 5 bottles they had in stock. All told I have 5 1.75 Liter bottles - 3 front age stated and 2 back age stated, and 5 front age state 750's and 1 back age stated 750's. 

Nope, the Old Williamsburg is bottled for Royal Wine Corp in Princeton, MN which is a kosher wine distributor, the bourbon itself is Kosher. The label doesn't state the state of the distillery that produced it but some old threads here allude to the fact that at least some of the bottlings they did were listed as blends from multiple producers:
My guess is this is also a dusty bottling as there are some mentions of the same product but with a 3 year age statement. The producer doesn't list this on their website anymore ether so it seems pretty apparent. To my taster having not done a side by side (I can I have both) I don't recall them being similar but we will know for sure at some point this week [emoji6]

Cool seems like a unique offering.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.