What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Some Pikesville, a 2014 CEHT BP and a second bottle of 1792 full proof. 

IMG_8335.JPG

Edited by Masset1982

Great lcpfratn! I need to get around more. My store has pushed up prices on all the allocated stuff. Got a call about a particular brand and got hammered when I paid. I like the LS overall but I'm going to have to set limits.

Thanks! I got lucky since I missed the opportunity at Cork's that you were able to score on. Is that your local store?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

My daughter brought me back this from New Orleans. I didn't even know it came in handles. It was cheaper than the 750 is here if you can even find it.

20170516_084428-756x1008.jpg

Holy crap !

That's huge.

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

Some Pikesville, a 2014 CEHT BP and a second bottle of 1792 full proof. 

IMG_8335.JPG

Very nice! 

Just missing the first batch of CEHT barrel proof, not sure I will see one at this point!

40 minutes ago, beasled said:

Very nice! 

Just missing the first batch of CEHT barrel proof, not sure I will see one at this point!

Thanks. Not an easy task to achieve, batch 1 is long gone now. Check auctions maybe you get lucky. 

Cheers! 

Will

23 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Thanks. Not an easy task to achieve, batch 1 is long gone now. Check auctions maybe you get lucky. 

Cheers! 

Will

Maybe, I've read it wasn't that great anyway so no big loss. 

Cheers

I've heard that too. Like Stagg jr, first batch was hot as hell. 

came across some Bulleit Cask Strength at Binny's over the weekend while picking up some beer.  figured, why not?  left the CEHTSB on the shelf tho

Snagged a MM46 cask strength today at $59.99.  I'm happy to have the bottle, but slightly annoyed by the circumstances.  This was a special "reserve by email" item that sold out within an hour last week.  I thought I missed out....only to find a few bottles sitting on the shelf at a different location today.  BRL has PS's of each individual stave (10 of the same stave were used).

IMG_0673.thumb.JPG.3e059f7616b1cd0a12f6db2b7853ef9c.JPG

2 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

Snagged a MM46 cask strength today at $59.99.  I'm happy to have the bottle, but slightly annoyed by the circumstances.  This was a special "reserve by email" item that sold out within an hour last week.  I thought I missed out....only to find a few bottles sitting on the shelf at a different location today.  BRL has PS's of each individual stave (10 of the same stave were used).

IMG_0673.thumb.JPG.3e059f7616b1cd0a12f6db2b7853ef9c.JPG

I was lucky enough to reserve one within the hour it was "available."  Normally, I miss out because I am not quick enough.  I also saw a couple of bottles on the shelf when I went into the store to pick mine up.  They had several bottles with names on them in the office but must have received a couple of extra bottles at the store.  I already opened it.  It is solid neat as well as with a little water.  

10 hours ago, 0895 said:

Holy crap !

That's huge.

I didn't realize how big it is until I got it inside and next to it's little brother.

20170516_210712-756x1008.jpg

19 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I was lucky enough to reserve one within the hour it was "available."  Normally, I miss out because I am not quick enough.  I also saw a couple of bottles on the shelf when I went into the store to pick mine up.  They had several bottles with names on them in the office but must have received a couple of extra bottles at the store.  I already opened it.  It is solid neat as well as with a little water.  

I've yet to see any of these ps stave bottles anywhere or even heard of them outside of sb. Are they widely available and part of a regular barrel selection program?

16 hours ago, Clueby said:

I've yet to see any of these ps stave bottles anywhere or even heard of them outside of sb. Are they widely available and part of a regular barrel selection program?

The Liqour Barns in KY had them recently.  They had three different selections with varying stave combinations.  My son bought one that was more on the spicy end and I got one with 5 French Mocha staves and it is delicious.

I've got my brother trolling Hong Kong for bourbon, hope he can find a gem or two 

Today's haul. The Forged Oak @ $70 is the most I've ever paid for a bottle of bourbon (or bottle of anything). I'd been wanting to try the Lot40 & it was on sale for $35. Another 4 Roses simply because after being initially unimpressed, the deeper into the bottle I got, the more I liked it. A very good $20 bottle. 

IMG_3493.JPG

Edited by BDanner

Had an empty spot in my cabinet, and the Four Grain fit perfectly.  I know the reviews haven't been great, but I got it at retail, and I like all of the other E.H. Taylor bottles, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  

IMG_8344.JPG

On 5/16/2017 at 10:21 PM, Clueby said:

I have seen a few different bottles but they have all been store selections with varying stave combinations.  

Russell's Reserve Single Barrel showed up in Utah again and I've been on a turkey kick lately so I picked up a bottle. 

8 hours ago, vismatt said:

Had an empty spot in my cabinet, and the Four Grain fit perfectly.  I know the reviews haven't been great, but I got it at retail, and I like all of the other E.H. Taylor bottles, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  

IMG_8344.JPG

Tried the Four Grain at WhiskeyFest down here last wknd and was very impressed. Had low expectations, but would definitely grab/drink that at retail. Tasty stuff!

These have only been released in select markets. Nothing in Missouri... yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grabbed an 11yr SAOS - mostly intrigued by the low proof (93.4) - but have to admit price was a factor ($50 for 11 yr CS bourbon seems like a pricing error these days!)

Its been a pretty productive trip to Mississippi so far! ECBP 136 and 139.4 and jr 130 and 132.5 all out on the shelves and at retail. Kinda kicking myself for leaving an ECBP 136 on the shelf...

IMG_1693.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.