What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a BT barrel pick and a Rebel Yell 10 year. For whatever reason I still haven't tried the RY10 so that will be interesting to open soon

7 hours ago, JTaylor said:

Its been a pretty productive trip to Mississippi so far! ECBP 136 and 139.4 and jr 130 and 132.5 all out on the shelves and at retail. Kinda kicking myself for leaving an ECBP 136 on the shelf...

IMG_1693.JPG

Nice work!

Was able to grab a 1.75 and 750 of WSR, as well as a 127 proof ECBP while out on the open roads today.  For curious minds, the ECBP was picked up in Chattanooga.   

Its been a pretty productive trip to Mississippi so far! ECBP 136 and 139.4 and jr 130 and 132.5 all out on the shelves and at retail. Kinda kicking myself for leaving an ECBP 136 on the shelf...
IMG_1693.thumb.JPG.a9e3bc10498ecafcf418efe6dbedb929.JPG

Wow, I've never seen any ECBP while searching in MS. I guess I haven't been looking in the right places. Nice haul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A brand new Costco opened up today on the North side of KC and it had a limited selection of bottles that often grace the shelves and bunkers of many who post here. Let's see there ECBP, BT, Bulleit, MM, ER, KC, Larceny, and a few more that I can't recall. They were all priced below the usual area retail prices. I left with the ER for $29.99.  Since it's just about 18 miles away, I think I'll have to go back and refresh my memory on the ones I forgot.

Picked these up EWSB from 2004, Prairie Paradise beer.

Also a bottle one off from my a HM10 I really like.

31b55670f5e1e21667788429382e1b36.jpg

3023a755688e5e9e71df0fdc13b04de3.jpg

23 hours ago, JTaylor said:

You did make a U Turn & get that other ECBP 136. Right?

I was happy to find this label for Wild Turkey 101 in a 1L bottle. I did not care for the price, but I bought it anyway since I was in a rush.
7ce8936982ffd933195fb6f9c60b7b4c.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

In KY this weekend and picked up a KCSB pick, couple of HH6 90 proof, couple more handles of BT store pick, and 2 WSR new bottle one for me and the other for the manager of a local store back in NC where it's never seen

Thinking about grabbing a couple more cases of HH6BIB while I'm here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found my first bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel PS. This one is a OBSV, aged 9 years and 5 months, bottled in August 2016. I have not tried it yet, but I am very excited.

4 minutes ago, Dgriffin said:

I found my first bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel PS. This one is a OBSV, aged 9 years and 5 months, bottled in August 2016. I have not tried it yet, but I am very excited.

Good luck. Some of these private selections are incredible. Is this one bottled at 100 proof or barrel proof?

2 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

Good luck. Some of these private selections are incredible. Is this one bottled at 100 proof or barrel proof?

Barrel Proof (55.6%)

22 hours ago, Louisiana said:

You did make a U Turn & get that other ECBP 136. Right?

No... I left it for the next lucky soul. @$61 I can't believe they were still sitting there. 

No... I left it for the next lucky soul. @$61 I can't believe they were still sitting there. 

I can't believe they were sitting there at that price either.

On 5/18/2017 at 9:32 PM, lcpfratn said:

Wow, I've never seen any ECBP while searching in MS. I guess I haven't been looking in the right places. Nice haul.

It was a nice little store just off I-10 about 1/2 way between NOLA and Gulfport. I just about shit. There were several layers of excitement in play. First their mere presence on the shelves (multiples of each), then that there were a couple different batches there, then the realization that they were priced at what to me is a pretty good retail price. I walked out giggling like a little girl! :D

Did some hunting LS'ing today, came up with these - 1792 Small Batch PS, 2004 EWSB PS, Bernheim Wheat PS, & a SAOS 10. 

20170520_152413.jpg

Took advantage of some beautiful weather and went hunting on the motorcycle. Good thing I had the saddle bags as limiters...
80b3b9b71eb7587c87145940d65891dd.jpg

It was a nice little store just off I-10 about 1/2 way between NOLA and Gulfport. I just about shit. There were several layers of excitement in play. First their mere presence on the shelves (multiples of each), then that there were a couple different batches there, then the realization that they were priced at what to me is a pretty good retail price. I walked out giggling like a little girl! [emoji3]

Sounds like that was in the Diamond Head area. I haven't shopped in Diamond Head before, but that actually is probably a good area for good selection given the number of Snow Birds that reside there. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in the area.

1 hour ago, KrispinD said:

Took advantage of some beautiful weather and went hunting on the motorcycle. Good thing I had the saddle bags as limiters...
80b3b9b71eb7587c87145940d65891dd.jpg

Very nice finds.

Went touring to neighboring states today. Found a deal on CEHTSmB for $37, WSR for $17, and Larceny for $29.

20170520_195832.jpg

Went touring to neighboring states today. Found a deal on CEHTSmB for $37, WSR for $17, and Larceny for $29.

20170520_195832.thumb.jpg.528dc76970235eebd9301b3bbf571370.jpg

Damn - that's a CEHT bargain!

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

Sounds like that was in the Diamond Head area. I haven't shopped in Diamond Head before, but that actually is probably a good area for good selection given the number of Snow Birds that reside there. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in the area.

You are correct... Aloha wine and spirits I believe. Nice little shop...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.