What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Store selected ECNAS.  Manager said it was 10 yo.  Nothing on the label says that.  Standard proof.  Sample was OK.    I like to get store selects thinking they will be better than average EC.

3 hours ago, CaliER said:

I've had a couple of the Third Base ER PS in the shopping cart for a couple weeks. This pushed me over the edge. They are now on their way to me. I have 1 ER PS from another LS near me, purchased last December. It is very good!! Sadly I did not open it for a few weeks after the new year and when I returned to buy more it was gone!

Yesterday, I was checking a local Bevmo online and they were showing 1 bottle of ETL. I thought for sure it was an inventory error. I've been through this with them a couple times before for Blanton's. Inventory will either be wrong or someone will have left with it earlier that day. I figured I'd stop in anyway. This time they had it as well as an older label RR SiB.

You are going to love that Russell's Reserve Single Barrel.

I am traveling for work and staying in Fort Wayne, Indiana.  I usually make it up here a 3 or 4 times a year and visit a couple of different stores.  I usually have luck finding something that I can't find at Indy in these stores.  This time was no different as I saw a single bottle of ECBP A117 on the shelf at one of the stores.  Since it usually doesn't hit the shelves in Indy, I bought it even thought it was $68.99.  I then headed to the opposite side of town to another store in the same chain.  It also had a bottle on the shelf but I passed.  I then visited the second store and they had 3 bottles on the shelf for $61.99.  It curbed my excitement on my initial find a little since I could have bought it cheaper.  However, I didn't know and there is nothing I can do about it now.

I ended up seeing 5 bottles of ECBP A117 on the shelf at three different stores.  I haven't seen ECBP on the shelf ever in Indy.  The lady at the first store was very nice and was surprised when I told her we don't find it often in Indy.  She said she thought we got everything being a bigger market.  I told her that was the problem, more people seeking higher end bottles.

I also bought a couple of 200 ml bottles for my road trip, Woodford Reserve and Maker's Mark.

Picked up some blantons SFTB from Master of Malt and a W12 1.75 in a trade.   

IMG_7930.JPG

On 5/25/2017 at 6:10 AM, JT3NSB said:

IMG_7930.JPG

Nice!  I am very tempted to order some SFTB.  How long does it take bottle to arrive when ordered from Master of Malt?

25 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

Nice!  I am very tempted to order some SFTB.  How long does it take bottle to arrive when ordered from Master of Malt?

5 days maybe? 

3 minutes ago, JT3NSB said:

5 days maybe? 

Wow, that is much faster than I thought.  Thanks for the reply.  I will be making an order soon!

6 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

Wow, that is much faster than I thought.  Thanks for the reply.  I will be making an order soon!

They're already sold out at Master of Malt, those never last long, if you want some tips to find those, PM me, i'll be happy to help.

Cheers! 

Will.

On 25/05/2017 at 1:10 PM, JT3NSB said:

IMG_7930.JPG

Nice haul, i've never see a 1.75 Weller 12 in Europe, looks so big.

Cheers!

Was cleaning up the gun room (per orders from SWMBO) and found a plain brown paper bag sitting in a corner.  Opened her up and lo' and behold a virgin bottle of ETL was brought to light.  Musta' been pulling a "Harry in WashDC" hiding bottles in strange places where the wife won't go.  Finding a bottle that I didn't have in inventory is the same as a purchase, right????   :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Was cleaning up the gun room (per orders from SWMBO) and found a plain brown paper bag sitting in a corner.  Opened her up and lo' and behold a virgin bottle of ETL was brought to light.  Musta' been pulling a "Harry in WashDC" hiding bottles in strange places where the wife won't go.  Finding a bottle that I didn't have in inventory is the same as a purchase, right????   :rolleyes:

What once was lost, now is found.  Congrats on the find without having to spend any $$$.

I stumbled upon this one today at TW and decided to purchase it.  I don't know that much about this particular one, but I know you don't see them very often.

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

Picked up a couple things for the holiday, nothing fancy just starting my journey  

IMG_4105.JPG

1792 Sweet Wheat reared its head again here in NJ, so I picked up a couple more bottles of it. It's not earth-shattering, but I like it.

1 hour ago, Stump1998 said:

Picked up a couple things for the holiday, nothing fancy just starting my journey  

IMG_4105.JPG

Two of my favorites.

14 hours ago, GeeTen said:

A gun room in MA??? Better keep that quiet!

And congrats on finding the ETL!

Edited by JTaylor

Always have to find room in the bunker whenever my cousin from Kentucky comes to visit!

IMG_1723.JPG

22 hours ago, GeeTen said:

We call those "prepaid" . . . cheers!

OGD BIB today for $21.99.  I was holding out until I found an older orange cap bottle, but, I caved and bought the new label.

9 hours ago, Golzee said:

OGD BIB today for $21.99.  I was holding out until I found an older orange cap bottle, but, I caved and bought the new label.

I've had a couple and compared each to some of the 'older' (orange cap, 5-years back + -), and found virtually no difference. 

I wouldn't stress over finding an 'orange cap' version.   The only reasons I'd offer to seek 'em out are these: I like the screw caps, and orange is easy to see on my shelf.

I have a friend visiting Okinawa right now, so he is on the lookout for items not typically available in the U.S.  He grabbed me a bottle of Wild Turkey 8yr today.  It is a newer bottling, not a dusty or anything.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.