What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

31 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Against my better judgement, I got caught in the moment when I found this in a torn up case box on the floor of a local store today.  Clearly some wild animals found it before me....  Figured for $45 I'd gamble that it might be a good one.....wish me luck.

Clueby......just don't even say anything..... :P

IMAG2038.jpg

I'll just say...good luck! And...if it's good I want a taste!

Edited by Clueby

I managed to find my first bottle of the new design Weller Antique 107 and it's a single barrel store pick.  As if that wasn't good enough I mentioned to the guy working the night shift that I loved the bottle of Elmer T I bought last summer and he tells me he saw one on the back shelve earlier and he goes and gets it for me. 

IMG_0078.JPG

Picked these up EWSB from 2004, Prairie Paradise beer.

Also a bottle one off from my a HM10 I really like.

31b55670f5e1e21667788429382e1b36.jpg

3023a755688e5e9e71df0fdc13b04de3.jpg

I know that every bottle of single barrel very but I have never had any luck getting a good tasting HM10. Bad luck on my part I guess .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you check the ink stamped date code (usually on the bottom rear of the 1792 bottle) it will tell you.  Should say "K17" for 2017.  "K16" for 2016, etc. etc.

I really enjoy the sweet wheat.  Something different from the others.

I did just after I posted and it is a k17 bottle. Thanks for the reminder.

14 hours ago, spectre said:

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay? I saw a couple for the first time today but passed on it at $149.99.

109.99.  State pricing here in NC.

Came across a few remaining 9 year age-stated KC bottles, and picked them up.  I simply find it hard to believe that going forward, the NAS KC will be as good as the AS.  Similar profile--sure.  But as good--nah, doubt it.

4 hours ago, Hop said:

I did just after I posted and it is a k17 bottle. Thanks for the reminder.

Interesting that they keep releasing this every year.

That's good news.

Now if I could just find another "port"......

:)

19 hours ago, fanostra said:

Have you tried the Bernheim 7 year or EWSB 2004 (Goat) yet? I just picked up both of these and eager to try - hopefully tomorrow. Great deal on both for sure.

Havent opened the goat yet, but did have one pour of the Berheim 7. Its very light, seeming a bit low on flavor. Gonna spend more time with it this weekend. I did open the SOAS 10 & its very good.

Bought this today. Only 1 abc store in entire area had in stock and this was their last bottle.  

Niiiiiiiice. 

IMG_4774.JPG

25 minutes ago, TheBrownHound said:

Bought this today. Only 1 abc store in entire area had in stock and this was their last bottle.  

Niiiiiiiice. 

IMG_4774.JPG

Enjoy.  That is great stuff.....and I'm traditionally not a beam guy.  But that is great stuff!!!

Mrs. Joe and I took a couple of days off work and headed out of town this past weekend. Long story, but I managed to come home with a couple of ER 10's and a SAOS 7 yr, all at very reasonable prices. :D 

Cheers! Joe

4 BT sb store pic, and 4 eagle rare sb store pick from third base. I like shopping for my some of my favs from my couch!  

IMG_7897.JPG

4 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Havent opened the goat yet, but did have one pour of the Berheim 7. Its very light, seeming a bit low on flavor. Gonna spend more time with it this weekend. I did open the SOAS 10 & its very good.

Cracked open the goat tonight - mind you this is my first go-round with EWSB surprisingly enough, so don't have a good reference point with other vintages of it, but first impression (neat, glencairn) is positive albeit perhaps unremarkable. Pretty soft (maybe I've been drinking too much BiB and higher lately) but pleasant, short finish. Browned butter, popcorn and baking spices on the nose, lightly buttery and caramel palate. This strikes me as something I want to drink when I don't really want to think about it too much. I too will spend more time with it this weekend to better evaluate, but think I'm going to go back and get some more...

I thoroughly enjoyed the 22, so I didn't hesitate to grab the 23 today. The color looks really nice. I can't wait to try it and compare it to previous years.

image.jpeg

Grabbed an Eagle Rare and an Evan Williams Single Barrel. Two stand-bys I keep my fingers crossed stay exactly as they are.

4 BT sb store pic, and 4 eagle rare sb store pick from third base. I like shopping for my some of my favs from my couch!  

IMG_7897.thumb.JPG.199dd4c792c9a48f48945015d68ef94e.JPG

Very intriguing have you had anything from them before? Might have to check this out store picks that they are offering are harder to get.

6 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Very intriguing have you had anything from them before? Might have to check this out store picks that they are offering are harder to get.

I haven't.  Had a strong referral from someone I trust who hadn't had the BT but did have the ER and said it was great.  I've been turning to the store picks as well lately.  Some of the BTsb have been fantastic.  All up to pallet of the pickers and what they are provided to choose from.

Was in Bardstown yesterday so went by the Heaven Hill Visitors Center.  Picked up a bottle of the latest William Heavenhill release.   Limit was one per customer and they scanned your drivers license into their computer system at time of purchase, to ensure you didn't return to buy another one later.  They also had VSOF and ECSB barrel proof for sale as well.  Cost?  All I will say is it was expensive, but every bottle of this that I have had before has been superb.

IMG_2127.JPG

IMG_2128.JPG

IMG_2129.JPG

IMG_2130.JPG

Edited by Kyjd75

1 hour ago, Kyjd75 said:

IMG_2127.JPG

IMG_2129.JPG

Very nicely done - talk about "homefield advantage"!  Very jealous . . . . . . :D

2 hours ago, Kyjd75 said:

Was in Bardstown yesterday so went by the Heaven Hill Visitors Center.  Picked up a bottle of the latest William Heavenhill release.   Limit was one per customer and they scanned your drivers license into their computer system at time of purchase, to ensure you didn't return to buy another one later.  They also had VSOF and ECSB barrel proof for sale as well.  Cost?  All I will say is it was expensive, but every bottle of this that I have had before has been superb.

IMG_2127.JPG

IMG_2128.JPG

IMG_2129.JPG

IMG_2130.JPG

Very Nice!

9 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

I haven't.  Had a strong referral from someone I trust who hadn't had the BT but did have the ER and said it was great.  I've been turning to the store picks as well lately.  Some of the BTsb have been fantastic.  All up to pallet of the pickers and what they are provided to choose from.

I've had a couple of the Third Base ER PS in the shopping cart for a couple weeks. This pushed me over the edge. They are now on their way to me. I have 1 ER PS from another LS near me, purchased last December. It is very good!! Sadly I did not open it for a few weeks after the new year and when I returned to buy more it was gone!

Yesterday, I was checking a local Bevmo online and they were showing 1 bottle of ETL. I thought for sure it was an inventory error. I've been through this with them a couple times before for Blanton's. Inventory will either be wrong or someone will have left with it earlier that day. I figured I'd stop in anyway. This time they had it as well as an older label RR SiB.

20170524_130906.thumb.jpg.c39da7d61cc8a5c0c110489337291d02.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.