What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, KrispinD said:

Damn - that's a CEHT bargain!

It suddenly seems everywhere around here. I've been passing on it at $35. I have a couple unopened bottles and I'm not that crazy about it.

Picked up my bottle of RY10 Single Barrel and while I was there grabbed a SP of KC Single Barrel that was 12 years old.

17 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Did some hunting LS'ing today, came up with these - 1792 Small Batch PS, 2004 EWSB PS, Bernheim Wheat PS, & a SAOS 10. 

20170520_152413.jpg

Where did you find that EWSB? It looks like the Girl and the Goat restaurant logo?  My brother's birthday is coming up and EWSB is his favorite. Would love to get him a PS as part of his gift.

On 5/10/2017 at 10:07 AM, BDanner said:

Excited! I know this is mid-shelf juice, but NC stopped carrying it around the time I got serious about bourbon. This has been on my "to try" list ever since. Glad to see NC start carrying it again. 

IMG_3416.JPG

2 hours ago, JSpartan said:

Where did you find that EWSB? It looks like the Girl and the Goat restaurant logo?  My brother's birthday is coming up and EWSB is his favorite. Would love to get him a PS as part of his gift.

I found it at Antioch Liquors up in Antioch. They did say it was leftovers from a restaurant pick. I didnt ask which restaurant.

18 hours ago, KrispinD said:

Took advantage of some beautiful weather and went hunting on the motorcycle. Good thing I had the saddle bags as limiters...
80b3b9b71eb7587c87145940d65891dd.jpg

Congrats, great haul! I can't get my hands on that OF1920, they don't sell it in Europe, I've heard good things about it. Those ECBP are top quality, can't go wrong with those. Enjoy! 

On 5/10/2017 at 10:07 AM, BDanner said:

Excited! I know this is mid-shelf juice, but NC stopped carrying it around the time I got serious about bourbon. This has been on my "to try" list ever since. Glad to see NC start carrying it again. 

IMG_3416.JPG

Four Roses Yellow Label won a bronze medal at the 2017 San Franisco World Spirits comptition.

5 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

I found it at Antioch Liquors up in Antioch. They did say it was leftovers from a restaurant pick. I didnt ask which restaurant.

Thanks. I might have to venture up there after work soon. 

5 hours ago, Martian said:

Four Roses Yellow Label won a bronze medal at the 2017 San Franisco World Spirits comptition.

man, we live in the 'everyone gets a trophy' age....

not that 4RYL is bad, but to win any kind of award.....

WT101 Old No' 8 (unfortunately not actually age stated 8 yr bottles) there were six sitting on a shelf at a little Liquor Store by my brother's house up in the Adirondacks, so I gave him one for his hospitality (as well as a bottle of Weller) and brought the rest back to suburban NJ.

WP_20170521_21_44_07_Pro 1.jpg

Two bottles of Tampa Bay Whiskey Society private selection Elijah Craig, and it is amazing!

14 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

WT101 Old No' 8 (unfortunately not actually age stated 8 yr bottles) there were six sitting on a shelf at a little Liquor Store by my brother's house up in the Adirondacks, so I gave him one for his hospitality (as well as a bottle of Weller) and brought the rest back to suburban NJ.

WP_20170521_21_44_07_Pro 1.jpg

Nice finds!

5922462a8114b_WP_20170521_21_44_07_Pro1.thumb.jpg.3b2f9bf7caf23d7aab9865de6827e5d3.jpg

Wow those must of stayed on the shelf for over 20 years. I remember the label design from the early 2000s and it looks what was on the shelf up until a few couple years ago and not like these.

What is crazy is I go in that liquor store a few times a year, last year I bought two family size EC 12's there and was pretty happy with that, as a WT fanboy admittedly I'm pretty stoked on this find. The lady who runs the place must have thought I was crazy since I cleared the shelf of 375's and left handles and liters behind. I was really tempted to ask her if I could see what other bottles she had hanging around in the back but kind of enjoy finding stuff on the shelves there. I might not have the self control if there is nothing interesting next time. The laser code on these was 7/10/98 which was my brothers 12th birthday so I really didn't have a choice I had to leave one for him. 98 might have been the only year they had the dumb Old no' 8 on the bottles which honestly I did not remember. Does make me feel kind of pissed, since I have had plenty to say about BT's number antics, but at least it doesn't still say aged 8 seasons and the fact that it says Old no' 8 brand instead of just having the number is a little (and just barely) less deceptive.

6 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

What is crazy is I go in that liquor store a few times a year, last year I bought two family size EC 12's there and was pretty happy with that, as a WT fanboy admittedly I'm pretty stoked on this find. The lady who runs the place must have thought I was crazy since I cleared the shelf of 375's and left handles and liters behind. I was really tempted to ask her if I could see what other bottles she had hanging around in the back but kind of enjoy finding stuff on the shelves there. I might not have the self control if there is nothing interesting next time. The laser code on these was 7/10/98 which was my brothers 12th birthday so I really didn't have a choice I had to leave one for him. 98 might have been the only year they had the dumb Old no' 8 on the bottles which honestly I did not remember. Does make me feel kind of pissed, since I have had plenty to say about BT's number antics, but at least it doesn't still say aged 8 seasons and the fact that it says Old no' 8 brand instead of just having the number is a little (and just barely) less deceptive.

Just an FYI pretty sure Wild Turkey went to Old No 8 in 1992 and 1998 was the last year it was on the bottle

14 minutes ago, VAGentleman said:

Just an FYI pretty sure Wild Turkey went to Old No 8 in 1992 and 1998 was the last year it was on the bottle

Yep it appears you are correct, of course this was all before I could legally drink.

Got a call last week about 1792 Sweet Wheat and had a bottle held until I could get back in town.  Picked it up today.  Since it's in NC I'm guessing this the release for this year not holdovers from 2016

I'm visiting my sister in Alabama, and found a couple more EC12 ASOB to add to the bunker while out and about.

On 5/20/2017 at 5:28 PM, Whiskeythink.com said:

Did some hunting LS'ing today, came up with these - 1792 Small Batch PS, 2004 EWSB PS, Bernheim Wheat PS, & a SAOS 10. 

20170520_152413.jpg

Have you tried the Bernheim 7 year or EWSB 2004 (Goat) yet? I just picked up both of these and eager to try - hopefully tomorrow. Great deal on both for sure.

I picked up a Rhetoric 23 Sat.  Had two small pours from it last night.   I really enjoyed it! I'd probably buy another...

I'm visiting my sister in Alabama, and found a couple more EC12 ASOB to add to the bunker while out and about.

I'm always on the lookout for EC12, but I haven't seen any anywhere that I've looked in the last six months. I've got quite a bit bunkered, but it's one that I'll always buy more of unless the price is crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, JT3NSB said:

I picked up a Rhetoric 23 Sat.  Had two small pours from it last night.   I really enjoyed it! I'd probably buy another...

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay? I saw a couple for the first time today but passed on it at $149.99.

3 hours ago, Hop said:

Got a call last week about 1792 Sweet Wheat and had a bottle held until I could get back in town.  Picked it up today.  Since it's in NC I'm guessing this the release for this year not holdovers from 2016

If you check the ink stamped date code (usually on the bottom rear of the 1792 bottle) it will tell you.  Should say "K17" for 2017.  "K16" for 2016, etc. etc.

I really enjoy the sweet wheat.  Something different from the others.

Edited by 0895
can't spell

Against my better judgement, I got caught in the moment when I found this in a torn up case box on the floor of a local store today.  Clearly some wild animals found it before me....  Figured for $45 I'd gamble that it might be a good one.....wish me luck.

Clueby......just don't even say anything..... :P

IMAG2038.jpg

Edited by 0895

Against my better judgement, I got caught in the moment when I found this in a torn up case box on the floor of a local store today.  Clearly some wild animals found it before me....  Figured for $45 I'd gamble that it might be a good one.....wish me luck.

Clueby......just don't even say anything..... [emoji14]
IMAG2038.thumb.jpg.20b1baa667c8ef468e47040985eb4e99.jpg

I'm jealous - have had two bottles, both from secondary market at a lot more $$. Delicious stuff!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.