What bottle did you open today? Spring 2017

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Awesome. I have two more bottles in the bunker but truthfully I am not sure how long they will last. I don't think this one which was just opened will be around too long.

Did you stash a couple of bottles away?

Right now just the half bottle I'm enjoying +1 more. I should still be able to get a few more from a local small LS that had cases of several different ages and proofs.

Had a little pour of EWB tonight because it came with my happy hour burger special. Tasted great as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Cracked a Barrell batch 006, enjoying the Monday night pour.

That's a good one.

Savoring the 1/2 bottle I have left...

13 hours ago, Kpiz said:

Had a little pour of EWB tonight because it came with my happy hour burger special. Tasted great as always.

This comment was meant for the "what bourbon are you drinking" thread. I really need to stop posting when I'm falling asleep.

In an effort to have at least one post on topic, I did open a fresh bottle of ER10 PS over the weekend. I think this is my last bottle from this particular barrel and it's a good one.

Went on a Beer run for a funeral this past weekend and was lucky to come across this one.  I was very happy with this barrel. 

IMG_20170411_182003.jpg

Already talked about it in what are you enjoying but I popped open an OGD 114 tonight.  All I can say is no way is this a bottom shelf pour.

Finally opened this last night, been hanging on to it since last June because I only have one of each of the last 3 releases and I've been holding out until I emptied a few open bottles... This brings me damn close to 50 open, but I figured "screw it" what good are they if they're not open?

IMG_1616.JPG

weather was awesome yesterday, so we had a porching party last night just for the hell of it. Busted this one out to enjoy

20170415_191339.jpg

I've reached my 500th post, opened a '16 WLW for the occasion. 

Spoiler alert, I just poured it and I can smell the thing from a mile away. 

Cheers to yall, such a great forum and community. 

Will.

IMG_8298.JPG

16 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

I've reached my 500th post, opened a '16 WLW for the occasion. 

Spoiler alert, I just poured it and I can smell the thing from a mile away. 

Cheers to yall, such a great forum and community. 

Will.

IMG_8298.JPG

Nice midday celebration 

13 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

^Awesome very envious.

I could tell you, don't be, it's not that good,not worth the hype! But i'm not gonna lie, this is another stellar bourbon right here, maybe better than last, i have to do a sbs to be sure. I took a sip ten minutes ago and i still tasting it in my mouth. Close to perfection in my book. 

1 hour ago, jvd99 said:

Nice midday celebration 

Thanks. 

Midday ? It was 7:30 pm when I opened it. 

Cheers !

Will.

3 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Thanks. 

Midday ? It was 7:30 pm when I opened it. 

Cheers !

Will.

Ha ha! It says you posted it this afternoon. No harm in a midday dram in my book - cheers

2 hours ago, jvd99 said:

Ha ha! It says you posted it this afternoon. No harm in a midday dram in my book - cheers

He lives across the pond.

7 minutes ago, Agalloch said:

He lives across the pond.

There you go, I'm not that smart to put that together :o

There you go, I'm not that smart to put that together [emoji33]

Yeah Mass is cousins with the Muscles From Brussels.

Open this Forged Oak a week or so ago. Happen to pull out from the bunker. I've been off buying the Orphan Barrel bus but continue to drink through what I have.

It's pretty good and reasonable all around.

9208c69337448290d3200d5439ddf9a3.jpg

6 hours ago, jvd99 said:

There you go, I'm not that smart to put that together :o

This has come up a number of times recently - someone not knowing where another member lives. Hint: look under the avatar where it says Location: <fill in the blank>

Not everyone activates this, but in all the recent cases of someone wondering, the information was right there.

37 minutes ago, flahute said:

This has come up a number of times recently - someone not knowing where another member lives. Hint: look under the avatar where it says Location: <fill in the blank>

Not everyone activates this, but in all the recent cases of someone wondering, the information was right there.

If you are using Tapatalk to access the forum as many of us do much of the time, the location information is not shown below the avatar. 

10 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

If you are using Tapatalk to access the forum as many of us do much of the time, the location information is not shown below the avatar. 

Well that's lame. Tapatalk needs to fix that. 

Edited by flahute

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.