What beer are you drinking? Spring 2017

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What did ya think of it?

I really liked it. I'm not a huge fan of sours, but this one was super balanced. Perfect tart and sweetness for me.

25 minutes ago, whiskeyagonzo said:

I really liked it. I'm not a huge fan of sours, but this one was super balanced. Perfect tart and sweetness for me.

Cool. I also like the one I had a year or so back. Their about 100 miles from me, but I'm not a fan of waiting in line for brews. Very limited stuff in the store up there as well. People love their brews.

Cheers!

14 hour day of work, but a Firestone Walker Parabola makes almost anything alright.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Ravensfire said:

14 hour day of work, but a Firestone Walker Parabola makes almost anything alright.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I did pick up a Parabola this week but didn't drink it.  I'll going to age it.  Instead, I had a FW Fortem last night.  Great nose.  Taste didn't quite live up to the nose but still good.

New Holland Black Tulip, a fine pour if you like Belgian Triples.  I do.

My first one of these in a few years. Big chocolate notes.  The bourbon is there in the finish but very subdued. Tasty stuff.

20170416_174747-756x1008.jpg

I rarely drink beer, except for when I am at baseball games or eating hot wings. Tonight I drink this.
516f1c6cf824c9bf51a1f99b2d4033e9.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Clueby said:

My first one of these in a few years. Big chocolate notes.  The bourbon is there in the finish but very subdued. Tasty stuff.

20170416_174747-756x1008.jpg

Been a long time since I've had one of those. Still has not shown up in GJ.

1 hour ago, MTNBourbon said:

Been a long time since I've had one of those. Still has not shown up in GJ.

It was apparently released in MO on Fri., April 7.  I stopped by a store in Columbia MO at 11am and they said they were sold out of it in 5 minutes after opening at 9am.  They made it seem like I was idiot for even asking.

I stopped by another store back home in the St. Louis area on Saturday and was able to get 2 bottles.  I sent my wife back in for another 2.  I was travelling out of town on Tues., April 11 in southeast MO and stopped by another shop.  It was more of a wine bar but they had some beer.  I asked about KBS and they said they just started selling it that day and had most of it still but it was again limited to 2 bottles per.  So I was able to pick up 6 bottles total.  My wife went back by the first store a few days later to see if they had any left but they were out.  She did manage to score the 4 pack cardboard carrier though.  I'm going to put at least one bottle away in the basement and see how it ages.

I have them kept in the fridge but I let it warm up for about 15 minutes before opening and pouring.  It actually got better the longer it was in the glass.  It is very well done and very balanced but being the bourbon fan (this is a bourbon site after all) I wished for a little more bourbon note. To my palate it is the best stout I've ever tried and the best batch of KBS I've had, even though its been a few years.

Nice to see you found a few bottles.:) It will definitely open up more as it sits.

Cheers!

Edited by MTNBourbon

I have some more Kentucky Ale, while watching _Better Call Saul_.
ae577c1de347eb78323746484dcce376.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I got around to trying Yuengling Lager now that it's available here.  A grocery store had a case (24) priced the same as a 30 pack of Miller High Life or Busch.  I say that's fair.  Yuengling is just a little better than your average mass produced beer - to me at least.  It's slightly darker and sweeter than Bud/Miller/Coors, more like Micheloeb Amber Bock.  

Picked this up this morning. Nice combo of fruity and bitter hops, with a good malty backbone to balance it out. Cheesy label but good beer. 

20170421_172313.jpg

One more of these tonight. So good I had to get another 6 pack today. You can't tell it's almost 12% abv.

20170421_181320.jpg

Edited by emr454
details

Had a 2nd Shift El Gate Grande IPA after work. Tasty stuff.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, emr454 said:

Cheesy label but good beer. 

20170421_172313.jpg

One of my pet peeves in the craft brewing world are these cheesy labels and names the brewers seem infatuated with.  Doesn't keep me from enjoying them when I like one, but I'd just like to say "Knock it off, sparky."  ;)

I picked up a six pack of Coor's yesterday because it had been a while since I had one, and I liked the look of the stubby bottle.  The beer is standard macro lager type stuff, which is fine by me as I like an occasional Bud, Miller, etc.  But, I really like drinking from this bottle shape.  Nice change of pace today,  and no glass required.

image.jpg

Raining cats and dogs today, so relegated to inside duties, I.e. Packing for Bardstown then nap on couch with Braves on radio in background....:D  This deserves a beer.  A nice Taxman  Gold Standard Belgian style Abbey Blonde.  Light on the banana-ish esters, and easy throughout.  

image.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.