What beer are you drinking? Spring 2017

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'll be getting into a Mint Julep soon, so my last beer is an 18th St. "Oh So Pretty" Dry Hopped Rye Saison Ale.  There is a distinct bubble-gummy note mid palate that is very enjoyable.

image.jpg

Edited by smokinjoe

Picked up a case while in the Motherland for SB Sampler last weekend.  A beer from my years in the Hoosier state.  I'm thinking it used  to be $4.99 or less per case then...uh, not now...:lol:
image.thumb.jpg.37926b3a05ff674c461d5a703bd4f5c4.jpg

I rarely drink beer or even think about it. But I see this and it takes me back 40+ years to some of the first beer I ever bought as a teenager. Kinda makes me want to pick up a case when I'm back home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

630f81a84e9cf65e3fd8e03c282b9127.jpg
Trying this for the forst time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'm enjoying a bottle of Firestone Agrestic. Some good lemon and berry flavors, pretty yeasty, very refreshing.

On 5/5/2017 at 8:51 PM, HoustonNit said:

Pic was a bit blurry since my 2.5 yr Old decided to go for my Blanton's bottle, the "horsey" the moment I was taking the pic.

They tend to have exceptional timing.

Got to try Founders KBS for the first time today.  Quite good and really glad I picked up the growler.

Drinking this doppelbock this afternoon. Very nice malty brew made somewhat locally.

20170507_150840.jpg

They tend to have exceptional timing.

Not bad taste either.

cb6e4f2f35cdcc4469482993fcac2721.jpg

The Belgian beer thread got me started on the import stuff, and I picked this up. Very nice!

Saison Dupont farmhouse ale btw

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

cb6e4f2f35cdcc4469482993fcac2721.jpg

The Belgian beer thread got me started on the import stuff, and I picked this up. Very nice!

Figured Belgian since it says bulles.

Long day at the office, so stepping away for a 3FGumballhead.  Dang, they ain't kidding when they say they add some yeast for bottle conditioning.  It's about 2" full...

Long day at the office, so stepping away for a 3FGumballhead.  Dang, they ain't kidding when they say they add some yeast for bottle conditioning.  It's about 2" full...

That's a lot of happy yeast!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Though not listed as a ABWSA, very nice brew, very barleywineish.

Bitter Oats | Lagunitas Brewing Company

Cheers!

Edited by MTNBourbon

Mrssmokinjoe asked me if it would be a bother if I watered the freshly planted flowers, while she gets stuff together for Littlesmokinjoe's High School graduation on Saturday.  Hey!  That chaise is right there in front of them flowers! And, the hose reaches!  And, there's a table!  No bother at all, Sweetie!   

Dark Horse Crooked Tree IPA while I....work...  ;)

another one of them chock-full-o shtuff in the bottle beers.  

image.jpg

18 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Mrssmokinjoe asked me if it would be a bother if I watered the freshly planted flowers, while she gets stuff together for Littlesmokinjoe's High School graduation on Saturday.  Hey!  That chaise is right there in front of them flowers! And, the hose reaches!  And, there's a table!  No bother at all, Sweetie!   

Dark Horse Crooked Tree IPA while I....work...  ;)

another one of them chock-full-o shtuff in the bottle beers.  

image.jpg

Dark Horse makes some pretty tasty brews. I miss them.

A Classic!

The Abyss 2016 Reserve | Deschutes Brewery

Cheers!

Edited by MTNBourbon

A Classic!

The Abyss 2016 Reserve | Deschutes Brewery

Cheers!

How is this? Saw some of this last Friday but passed as it seemed a bit pricey.

882c8042c42ad4e81057a43c9aaebe4e.jpg

5 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

How is this? Saw some of this last Friday but passed as it seemed a bit pricey.

882c8042c42ad4e81057a43c9aaebe4e.jpg

I have that and the other variant for this year, but have not gotten to them yet. Last years 2 variants were exceptional brews, I have no doubt this years are the same.

Cheers!

Pretty tasty brew, has a belgian feel to it.

Dementia | Ska Brewing Co.

Cheers!

A few minutes of leisure before back to the salt mines with a Half Acre Double Daisy Citter DPA.  Oh my, gloriously thick mouthfeel that is like silk over the palate.  A perfect balance of sweet and citrus.  

image.jpg

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

A few minutes of leisure before back to the salt mines with a Half Acre Double Daisy Citter DPA.  Oh my, gloriously thick mouthfeel that is like silk over the palate.  A perfect balance of sweet and citrus.  

image.jpg

Some of those brews are on my wants list.

Cheers!

Pretty tasty brew. Two game 7s tonight, well only 1 left now.

Schneider Weisse Tap 4 Weisen Edel-Weisse | Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Cheers!

A few nights ago I had a Lickinghole Creek Chocolate Obsession Imperial Stout.  I really enjoyed it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.