What beer are you drinking? Spring 2017

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Have not seen that one around. Did you check the date on it?

No but whether it was poor storage or age something happened. I still don't think I would of liked if there wasn't an issue freshness.

Having one of those brews now, Pretty awesome brew, love these NEIPAs.

Double Dry Hopped A Street IPA | Trillium Brewing Company

Cheers!

RZ4woLd.jpg

Having another from the stack, my first from this brewery, and very tasty. Worth checking out. Thanks Mark!

Ethereous | Proclamation Ale Company

Pa03e6W.jpg

Cheers!

Not drinking it yet but picked up some Founder's Doom today. I was on a waiting list at one store and got a 4 pack for $15. Stopped by another store and they had them for $5 per bottle with a limit of 2 bottles. I had some last month while in Florida and really liked it and I think it was $16 or $17 a 4 pack.

Edit..went to a 3rd store and they had it for $14/4 pack and could have bought as many as I wanted. Oh well.

Edited by Clueby

Relaxing out back listening to Braves on the radio with a Hi-Wire Hi-Pitch IPA.  I like this better than the lo-pitch that I had of theirs last week, but neither have me clamoring for more, however.  

IMG_3695.JPG

Drinking some tasty beverages at the Walking Man brewery in Stevenson, WA. White Walking Man was a nice Imperial White IPA and their Cherry Stout was easily one of the better versions - cherry on the nose, taste started with just the right amount of cherry then the stout came on through. And a Homo Erectus to go!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Pretty good....has the taste of a scotch ale. Another clearence buy!!41fa848f14b30226d17174bd6e373a49.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

This is one of my favorites. Timberbeast Rye IPA (9%) made by Lazy Magnolia brewery in Kiln, MS. I grew up about 20 miles from that town, which is also the hometown of Brett Favre. Tastes even better out of a Dogfish Head glass, which is another favorite brewery.

2b6f0a3e0f3cba53a6c5dd7492f14a37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of my favorites. Timberbeast Rye IPA (9%) made by Lazy Magnolia brewery in Kiln, MS. I grew up about 20 miles from that town, which is also the hometown of Brett Favre. Tastes even better out of a Dogfish Head glass, which is another favorite brewery.

2b6f0a3e0f3cba53a6c5dd7492f14a37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking of Dogfish I had the 120 this weekend, great stuff.

Thinking of Dogfish I had the 120 this weekend, great stuff.

I only like the 120 in small quantities. I am not a big fan of many beers after they get over 10% abv, although there have been occasional exceptions. I think 9-10% is the sweet spot for most imperial IPAs. The Dogfish 60 and 90 are wonderful beers, and I buy them and the Timberbeast pretty regularly. Memphis' Wiseacre brewery also has a nice IPA called Ananda that I buy pretty regularly too.

I only like the 120 in small quantities. I am not a big fan of many beers after they get over 10% abv, although there have been occasional exceptions. I think 9-10% is the sweet spot for most imperial IPAs. The Dogfish 60 and 90 are wonderful beers, and I buy them and the Timberbeast pretty regularly. Memphis' Wiseacre brewery also has a nice IPA called Ananda that I buy pretty regularly too.

Love the high ABV stuff but generally limit it to a one bottle a night a few times a week usually shared between me and the wife.

7 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

This arrived yesterday.

Cheers!

Quite the haul MTN. Looks like some good stuff there. Enjoy!

Cheers! Joe

2 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Quite the haul MTN. Looks like some good stuff there. Enjoy!

Cheers! Joe

All new, except one.

Cheers!

Maine Beer Company "a tiny beautiful something" Pale Ale.  5.5%ABV.  After a hot day of golf, as good as it gets.  Great balance of flavors.  Got lucky and stumbled on these on a shelf.  Not good with flavors description, but on a par with the best IPA's I have had.  Great stuff.

IMG_1766.JPG

Edited by El Vino

Perennial's Citra Paradisi - Farmhouse Ale with grapefruit and a touch of brett yeast. Going nicely with some pasta!

Some more goodness came in last week. My first time with these brews.

gbksueh.jpg

Some more goodness came in last week. My first time with these brews.
gbksueh.jpg

Darn keeping coming with all this awesomeness.

13 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Darn keeping coming with all this awesomeness.

I'll try.:)

Cheers!

Edited by MTNBourbon

Finally poured some of the Oregon beers earlier this week with a beershare group at my usual bar. Full Sail Barrel Aged Imperial Stout was quite good, a fine example of a BA stout. The Pfriem Oude Kriek was outstanding though. Beautiful red color, wonderful cherry notes up frontnice tartness and an effervescent finish that was right. The only beer that topped it that night was a Side Project sour.

Tonight started basic, couple of IPA's with dinner. Sitting on the porch by a fire, so figured something a bit smoker was in order - Backwoods Bastard. These are aging well.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Going with a new ipa tonight from Stone.8b3eb07a8d7211b19b77ba125dbe1d08.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.