What beer are you drinking? Spring 2017

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

There are two brands of beer that are in my fridge at all times no matter what else is also in there: Shiner Bock and Wiehenstephaner Original. (Prefer the original to the Hefe...)

When in Wisconsin......drink like the tourists do in Wisconsin!...New Glarus Spotted Cow at the hotel bar...  :D  

Regardless, it's quite good after a long travel day.

When in Wisconsin......drink like the tourists do in Wisconsin!...New Glarus Spotted Cow at the hotel bar...  [emoji3]  

Regardless, it's quite good after a long travel day.

Ha! Not surprisingly, this was the first beer I drank in the hotel bar when I went to Wisconsin for a conference last fall. Tasted great but I think any decent beer would have. Enjoy your trip!

When you're off work Tuesday you invite friends over Monday to put a dent in your stash. We didn't get around to the '16 Christmas on the far left. My two favorites were Barrel aged and Pirate. My least favorite was '14 Christmas. The spice lingered too long. 

IMG_3980.JPG

18 hours ago, dcbt said:

There are two brands of beer that are in my fridge at all times no matter what else is also in there: Shiner Bock and Wiehenstephaner Original. (Prefer the original to the Hefe...)

I could drink too much Weihenstephaner Original. Goes down easy and is a great brew. I wonder why I don't buy it more often?

On 6/26/2017 at 1:32 PM, scratchline said:

I'll be breaking into these soon. 

IMG_0652.JPG

Very nice!  I'm so jealous.

On 6/25/2017 at 7:27 PM, Golferpimp1 said:

Very good.....especially for IPA fans....4e5eee198dec1ccf1d70fd2958c717fc.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I promise you it's even better if you drink it warmer.

I know it is tempting to use a frozen/frosted glass for beer but you are typically missing out on a lot of flavor by doing that.  I save that for those rare times that I drink something like a pilsner that doesn't have much flavor anyway and I'm just looking for the refreshment.  I mainly drink IPAs and stouts (usually barrel aged) and I never use a cold glass now.  I made that mistake in the past so I'm just trying to help others now.

Very nice brew. Fuckn' 6 days old! Thanks Arthur!

Alien Church | Tired Hands Brewing Company

Cheers!

RsCGMHM.jpg

I'm a big fan of a Doom and other beers aged in bourbon barrels, so I picked this up today while vacationing in Tennessee.  First impression =not bad and not as fruity as I thought it might be.

IMG_5909.JPG

Very tasty brew, nice pineyness.

Puff | Sixpoint Brewery

Cheers!

xL7AxOH.jpg

14 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Puff | Sixpoint Brewery

Cheers!

xL7AxOH.jpg

You are right about the "pineyness".  A few of their beers have that.  I liked Puff.  It's a good beer but I still like Hi-Res a little better.

2 minutes ago, meadeweber said:

You are right about the "pineyness".  A few of their beers have that.  I liked Puff.  It's a good beer but I still like Hi-Res a little better.

Also a very tasty brew.

Cheers!

On 6/25/2017 at 6:27 PM, Golferpimp1 said:

Very good.....especially for IPA fans....4e5eee198dec1ccf1d70fd2958c717fc.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'm not usually an IPA fan but this stuff was awesome!  Had a 4 pack in Florida last week.  Can't find it all back here in Missouri.  I wanted to bring one bottle home to age it with one each of the other barrel aged series I have put away (KBS, Frootwood, and a Backwoods Bastard) but was afraid of it making the plane trip home.

40 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I'm not usually an IPA fan but this stuff was awesome!  Had a 4 pack in Florida last week.  Can't find it all back here in Missouri.  I wanted to bring one bottle home to age it with one each of the other barrel aged series I have put away (KBS, Frootwood, and a Backwoods Bastard) but was afraid of it making the plane trip home.

Anytime I check baggage I bring a few bottles back with me. I wrap them up securely and put them in the middle of my bag. I've had tags on my bag that state TSA looked in my bag, but I've never had anything not snug when I open my bag.

Puff | Sixpoint Brewery

Cheers!
xL7AxOH.jpg

Sixpoint makes some great stuff.

Not exactly what I'm enjoying this moment but I picked these up today. Barrel aged in rum, tequila and bourbon along with an awesome imperial stout.

My liver and wallet hate that I found this thread.

Also a couple nights ago nothing special just a solid local IPA and some awesome private seats thanks to a buddies hook up at the Astros game.

d76356507f5cae360f65a95fb58977f3.jpg

Pic for above post.

96f2d5e936d4ec20b4d051496b0971a8.jpg

I picked up one of those Avery Tequilacerbus as well. Haven't popped it but I'm rarely disappointed by Avery.

Tonight I'm drinking a JW Lees Harvest Ale aged in calvados casks. I don't get much calvados influence specifically but there does seem to be some barrel influence. I love the earthiness in this, which I don't get from any other beer.

a693b04adffd0c0409671afc76bfb8dd.jpg

9 hours ago, Kpiz said:

I picked up one of those Avery Tequilacerbus as well. Haven't popped it but I'm rarely disappointed by Avery.

Tonight I'm drinking a JW Lees Harvest Ale aged in calvados casks. I don't get much calvados influence specifically but there does seem to be some barrel influence. I love the earthiness in this, which I don't get from any other beer.

a693b04adffd0c0409671afc76bfb8dd.jpg

Love those JW Lees brews.

Cheers!

14 hours ago, Kpiz said:

I haven't had the JW Lees aged in Calvados casks, but their Lagavullin cask aged ale is a killer

It's been a long time since I had one of these....first time trying the beer tho

IMG_1413.JPG

I haven't had the JW Lees aged in Calvados casks, but their Lagavullin cask aged ale is a killer

Thanks, that's good to know. I always pass up the Lagavulin cask in favor of the calvados, but I'll grab one of each next time

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.