What beer are you drinking? Spring 2017

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ha Nothing wrong with a little frozen pizza?

Figured you'd like the WT barrel aged stout, being a Turkey man.

Absolutely. That sounds great!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

d7b3e4cb24be6506723bebd9647840a7.jpg
Finding out I like a lot of the founders offerings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I have my brisket on the smoker, Braves on the radio, steady rain coming down, and out in the garage with a heavy and rich Dragon's Milk.  

image.jpg

49 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

I have my brisket on the smoker, Braves on the radio, steady rain coming down, and out in the garage with a heavy and rich Dragon's Milk.  

image.jpg

That sounds like a good Sunday.

Word online was that BA Expedition dropped in the Bell's General Store this morning.  These store only releases usually make it a day or two so I dropped everything and made the three hour round trip.  They were also selling regular Expedition and Third Coast Ole Ale that was bottled in 2015.

I made sure to get a flight along with their jambalaya before I returned home.  If you ever travel to Michigan, be sure to stop at Bell's.  That place hasn't let me down yet.

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG

June 6th on the south coast of Massachusetts.  Coldest June 6th on record.  Perfect for a KBS.

IMG_0589.JPG

21 hours ago, scratchline said:

June 6th on the south coast of Massachusetts.  Coldest June 6th on record.  Perfect for a KBS.

Anytime is perfect for a KBS!  Was fortunate enough to score a couple of 4 packs and find it on draft at a local pub this year.  Great stuff!

I had a Boulevard Love Child tonight and I'm willing to throw in the towel on sour ales. I've had a few recently and these just aren't very enjoyable to me. Even the ones I like a little bit more (or maybe dislike a little bit less). These mainly just taste like sweet tart beer to me and I'm just not interested. 

On 6/5/2017 at 7:28 PM, DPPSmoker said:

Word online was that BA Expedition dropped in the Bell's General Store this morning.  These store only releases usually make it a day or two so I dropped everything and made the three hour round trip.  They were also selling regular Expedition and Third Coast Ole Ale that was bottled in 2015.

I made sure to get a flight along with their jambalaya before I returned home.  If you ever travel to Michigan, be sure to stop at Bell's.  That place hasn't let me down yet.

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG

Third Coast Old Ale is fantastic, one of my favorite beers of all times. Cheers!

Homebrewed Blood Orange IPA. (I used my Funky Buddha growler to bring it to work)

20150327_224431.thumb.jpeg.9be74e91b4bde2874c7da43cccff0dac.jpeg

Ahhhh.... ..man was that good 61c0fae42dfbeb587d3c738481b538de.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Homebrewed Blood Orange IPA. (I used my Funky Buddha growler to bring it to work)

20150327_224431.thumb.jpeg.9be74e91b4bde2874c7da43cccff0dac.jpeg

Note to self need to find job where I bring and consume beer at work.

Terrapin Hopsecutioner at the new Braves Park.  The place is awesome.  Makes the beer even better.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Joe, cool pictures.  Those KBS pictures were pretty good as well.

I just finished a 2016 Bourbon County.  It takes effort to drink a 16.9 ounce bottle of that beer.  I feel the diabeetus coming on.

On 6/9/2017 at 10:43 PM, smokinjoe said:

Terrapin Hopsecutioner at the new Braves Park.  The place is awesome.  Makes the beer even better.

I know you like your beer Joe. Glad you can enjoy some in the Braves new digs. Cheers to ya'' pal!

BTW, cool pics. :)

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:23 PM, HoustonNit said:

Note to self need to find job where I bring and consume beer at work.

It was Friday, and hour before going home.

Someone brought a bottle of Don Julio tequila too.

Perks of running a garage.

Definitely a nice perk of not being in the annoying corporate work grind. About 15 years back they use to be able to order cases of beer from the cafeteria. We also would have some kegs at company soccer games on campus, only time a lot people ever bothered watching soccer. Now way to many liabilities to allow this to happen.

8 hours ago, firerat said:

That'll work rat. That'll definitely work. :)

Cheers! Joe

That'll work rat. That'll definitely work. [emoji4]

Cheers! Joe

+1 to this!

Lately we've been lucky with NE hops brought back by friends - Trillium, Treehouse, Alchemist, Foam, etc

I am a big fan of the NE style IPAs, lower bitterness with fantastic hop flavor and aroma.

22 hours ago, clingman71 said:

Lately we've been lucky with NE hops brought back by friends - Trillium, Treehouse, Alchemist, Foam, etc

I am a big fan of the NE style IPAs, lower bitterness with fantastic hop flavor and aroma.

Me too. Awesome brews!

Cheers!

Local Karbach Barrel Bourbon aged Imperial Porter. Beer Advocate thought this was world glass. This release used Garrison Bros barrels. I don't think this one was as good as previous ones. Had an odd peanut smell and taste, still good but not as much of that typical vanilla you usually get.

e72846fcd6b5f7288f0c1d63a3df1e4b.jpg

A refreshing end to yaedwork in 100 degree weather

20170611_182607.thumb.jpg.6dc300e27ac56ec201f650970e730df7.jpg

Southern Tier look forward to some of this and my all time favorite macro a 30 rack of Genny Cream Ale when I get back home later this year.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.