What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Drinking the last pour of Barterhouse from my bottle in remembrance of my grandfather, who passed away this morning shortly before his 92nd birthday.  He was a damned strong man.  I hope to be half what he was.

21 minutes ago, garbanzobean said:

Drinking the last pour of Barterhouse from my bottle in remembrance of my grandfather, who passed away this morning shortly before his 92nd birthday.  He was a damned strong man.  I hope to be half what he was.

Eric,  I am sorry for your loss.  May your memories keep him with you always!  Rarely a day passes when I don't think about my grandfather.

33 minutes ago, garbanzobean said:

Very sorry for your loss. My father is 90 and currently in the hospital with double pneumonia. At those ages, things change so quickly.

Having a pour of Weller 12 while pondering life. Down to my my last bottle of it.

20170711_211623-756x1008.jpg

44 minutes ago, garbanzobean said:

Tough loss. He would appreciate the 20yr old toast. Man upstairs claimed a great friend's 13 yr old this am in a 4wheeler accident. Bitter day!

I'm taking it hard with a progressive whiskey whipping. OGD114, KC120 SP, and coming home with EC127. 

Here's to us!

Edited by FacePlant

59 minutes ago, garbanzobean said:

Sorry for your loss, enjoy the memories they are irreplaceable.

1 hour ago, garbanzobean said:

Sorry for your loss.  Prayers for you and your family.  Drink good bourbon and remember the good times!

Very sorry for your loss. Having lost Mom a little over a year ago it brought back those memories.

Enjoying the time we have is the key. Just celebrated with my dad this weekend for his 93rd birthday. Odd how the perspective changes. He is ready to go whenever his time comes while the rest of us are reticent to give him up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, garbanzobean said:

Lost my dad a couple of months ago so I know how you feel.  We'll all raise a toast to him with our next pour.  Just remember that our parents and grandparents live on through us.  I'm sure he was proud of you, just continue to make him proud.

Yesterday was the  two year anniversary of last cigarette. So I had a healthy pour of Booker's to celebrate.  

^^^So sorry to hear of your loss Eric.  C & B, I'm also sorry to hear of your recent loss. 

It'll be later this evening, but I'll have a pour of W12 in memory of both your fathers.  Godspeed to them both!   

I blame fishbowljoe for me opening this, but I'm glad I did. 

Here's to all those no longer with us. 

20170713_215115~2.jpg

Edited by beasled

Stopped by my favorite bar near work to have two pours of Parkers Heritage POH for $11 each. The bottle is half empty and I'm the only one that comes in to drink it. This is the same bar that I recently killed the Jeffersons presidential 18 for $11 each as well. Lucky Me

Stopped by my favorite bar near work to have two pours of Parkers Heritage POH for $11 each. The bottle is half empty and I'm the only one that comes in to drink it. This is the same bar that I recently killed the Jeffersons presidential 18 for $11 each as well. Lucky Me

Very lucky.

We had a team building event at a place called McMasty's a Icehouse not far from work. Me and the techs ended up killing a bottle OGD114. I guess we did good.

81a8113d65497c5dac8631002739805d.jpg

a9fc5071dd386bc4304a3ca9cca12200.jpg

On June 28, 2017 at 1:02 AM, flahute said:

Finishing with basic WT101

Kentucky Vintage not at all bad for 25 dollars. Taste like some older bourbon in there. I don't mix, but would do well. As a sipper with a splash of water it's just fine, if not remarkable. The Pure Kentucky is better in my opinion and have higher hopes for Johhny Drum.

image.jpg

Edited by cdcdguy
Adding name

A healthy pour of my favorite L&K store pick of Blanton's - had periodontal surgery on the left side yesterday and the bourbon is easing my pain very nicely, thank you!  I am supposed to vat it with Amoxicillin, right????   :lol:

Edited by GeeTen
Drug spelling

HH6 BIB out of the fridge while feeding the fishies in the pond.  Yummmmmm....

47 minutes ago, cdcdguy said:

Kentucky Vintage not at all bad for 25 dollars. Taste like some older bourbon in there. I don't mix, but would do well. As a sipper with a splash of water it's just fine, if not remarkable. The Pure Kentucky is better in my opinion and have higher hopes for Johhny Drum.

image.jpg

Your taste buds are wired very differently from mine. Kentucky Vintage, Pure Kentucky, and various other KBD brands taste like wet cardboard to me. I had a good Johnny Drum once. But the next tasted like wet cardboard. I've given up on them.

Enjoying it more tonight than I did the first time I tried it. It still drinks way hot for its proof. 

20170713_204110-756x1008.jpg

I did a BT sampler platter. Started with small pours of mashbill 2:

ET

RHF and then

Blanton's SFTB

Enjoyed those quite a bit and moved to BT and now a pour of WSR

These were 1/2 oz. to 3/4 oz. pours and I was walking between my buddy's house and mine in case anyone was worried. 

:)

With different brands I like stopping distribution in my state, or missing for whatever reason; I decided to expand my horizons.  I've discovered that I quite enjoy the three Four Roses regular brands.  I'm not even worried about the 10 recipes single barrels or LEs.  Am I still in the cult?

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Enjoying it more tonight than I did the first time I tried it. It still drinks way hot for its proof. 

20170713_204110-756x1008.jpg

Agreed. Least favorite of high proof bourbons. Maybe I got a "bad" batch

47 minutes ago, PaulO said:

With different brands I like stopping distribution in my state, or missing for whatever reason; I decided to expand my horizons.  I've discovered that I quite enjoy the three Four Roses regular brands.  I'm not even worried about the 10 recipes single barrels or LEs.  Am I still in the cult?

Your cult cards in the mail!  ;)

Having a smooth ambler 7 year that is phenom tonight after some Virgin 101 out of the fridge that told me my taste buddies were in a good mood.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.