What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

$20 OGD 114 is probably the best you'll ever see

Blasphemy in these parts but I prefer the BiB, cool bottle on the 114 though.

3 hours ago, miller542 said:

$20 OGD 114 is probably the best you'll ever see

I was thinking the same - in the market that I'm in, 22.99 is the best price you see on OGD 114.

7 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Blasphemy in these parts but I prefer the BiB, cool bottle on the 114 though.

HN - I am with you.  Straight up, I prefer the BIB.  I realize that I can proof the 114 down but I have always preferred just a direct pour from the BIB.  I will say this though.  One of my favorite blends is OGD114:RittBIB 1:1.  It proofs out at 107 and is really good.

HN - I am with you.  Straight up, I prefer the BIB.  I realize that I can proof the 114 down but I have always preferred just a direct pour from the BIB.  I will say this though.  One of my favorite blends is OGD114:RittBIB 1:1.  It proofs out at 107 and is really good.

I'll try that some time...

I prefer the bib too.

The 114 is 19.99 a couple places in stl.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

So,  passed on a lot in the recent months. Knob 25th for $199 (especially after the 2001 disappointment to me). Passed on local ECBP for $99 but was out of town and found three more recent ECBP for $54 (did not pass on those). 

Passed up on ECBP A117 today. I was surprised to see three on the shelf at $49.99 but I've already got a bottle and was hoping to find the B517. 

Already have one open @ home.

Left it for the next fellow.

(Bourbon gods please grant me karma)

:)

IMAG2163.jpg

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

Already have one open @ home.

Left it for the next fellow.

(Bourbon gods please grant me karma)

:)

"Atta boy Luther!" ;)

Cheers! Joe

4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

"Atta boy Luther!" ;)

Cheers! Joe

Hey I think I passed on that same bottle the other day! Of course I'd pass if there were 20 of them. I did not care for my first (and only) bottle of it.

passed on some KC 25th anniversary at Costco... tempting price though at $110.

2017-06-30 10.24.38.jpg

That would indeed make it (slightly) more tempting. Although I still feel like I am owed something for having bought several different batches of the KC 2001!

And I don't mean a swift kick in the butt for being so foolish... :(

57 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

That would indeed make it (slightly) more tempting. Although I still feel like I am owed something for having bought several different batches of the KC 2001!

And I don't mean a swift kick in the butt for being so foolish... :(

I only bought one bottle of it and feel owed. So I can imagine that multiplied. 

RR101 with the anti flipper price tag :blink:.  Normal allocated stuff is usually priced well at this store, so I can't be too upset.  

IMG_0709.thumb.JPG.22ba23078b5f746bacc300c06b3142cb.JPG

Edited by Nm0369

^^^^ Wow, the last 2 bottles I bought in 2011 were only $26.99 each. Great whiskey, wish I could've gotten a few more back then

Passed on a lot of KC25th, 1792 High Rye and FP because of price, Stagg Jr @ $65, ECBP because I've got enough for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RY10 $60, 1792FP $50, CEHTSmB $50, SJR $70, Forged Oak $100, Haig Club Scotch for $25 (which seemed like a good deal if you like that sorta thing), and 2 different store picks of KC120 $40. I already have 2 of one of the picks of those so took a pass. 

Stagg Jr @ $75, ETL @ $100 and Murray Hill Club at $110. Don't think the MHC was a bad price and I thought about it but decided to go with a case each of HH6BIB and HH90 6yr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I passed Old Forester 1897 brand BIB @ $30 and change.  The reviews here were just so-so.

I also passed MM CS in the low $40s.

I ended up stocking up on the 4R products: Single Barrel under $30, Small Batch $22, and "yellow label" less than $15!

10 minutes ago, PaulO said:

I passed Old Forester 1897 brand BIB @ $30 and change.  The reviews here were just so-so.

I ended up stocking up on the 4R products: Single Barrel under $30, Small Batch $22, and "yellow label" less than $15!

Nice prices on those 4R's!

I passed on all bourbon while on a beer run today.  Just too many opens right now (what a good problem to have).  Notables were Old Forester 1897, Orphan Barrel Barterhouse and Rhetoric 23yr, Whistlepig 10 and 15, and WT Master's Keep.

37 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Great prices on the MM CS and the FRSiB!

6 hours ago, PaulO said:

Darn. I'd have to try the 1897BIB at that price. Over here it's always been in $65-$75 range. I want to try it but no way at my prices. 

Passed on Stagg Jr. at $45.  I was tempted since we rarely see it in my area, but I have one unopened at home, so I left these for somebody else.

After a quick scan of the label, I passed on MGP's new George Remus bourbon at the suggested retail price of $45/750ml. I have seen some favorable reviews but there are some fine, older whiskeys available for less that I have yet to try. Eventually, there will be a sale on the Remus bourbon and if the price is somewhere around $30-33 for a 750, then I'll be ready to give it a try.

Passed on these:

W12 - asking $74 for a 750ml    (I've actually got a small surplus of W12 right now) That price isn't bad as secondary but pretty dang high

Four Grain - After trying of few of the EHT special batches.........I'm considering placing all of these into the "fad" category

RY10 - ($78)   I have really been looking for a bottle of this to try.  But that price is ridiculous. 

IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_1431.JPG

Passed on these:

W12 - asking $74 for a 750ml    (I've actually got a small surplus of W12 right now) That price isn't bad as secondary but pretty dang high

Four Grain - After trying of few of the EHT special batches.........I'm considering placing all of these into the "fad" category

RY10 - ($78)   I have really been looking for a bottle of this to try.  But that price is ridiculous. 
IMG_1432.JPG.236f6712592f9ce7767c63ebc9952142.JPG
IMG_1431.JPG.dc70bc7fa8662a43475aa34f167a36d7.JPG

I haven't tried the Four Grain yet but I've liked the two batches of CEHTBP I've had, so I'd buy that if I found it for $79.99. It used to be fairly readily available here but it hard to come by these days.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.