What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Didn't even bother to look at Spec's considering it's $120 at TW. For this price I may pull the trigger. Was considering haggling with a small store to see if I could get a WTMK 17 for $100 out the door. However may go for this instead based on recent comments.

Can't go wrong  either way. 

18 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I passed on the Stagg Jr (I have quite a few in my storage closet) and the Jefferson's, but I couldn't resist the 4 Roses 50th even though the price was steep. I don't know if I'll get another opportunity at a lower price, but I did hesitate for a few minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well Jeff if I was even a small fan of 4 Roses would suggest we meet for a pour. :) We'll have that meeting but I might ask you bring something much cheaper!

Well Jeff if I was even a small fan of 4 Roses would suggest we meet for a pour. [emoji4] We'll have that meeting but I might ask you bring something much cheaper!

Gotcha! 4 Roses is one of those that doesn't always suit me, but when it does, I want multiple pours. I wish they hadn't put such a premium on the price, but I have a feeling the distributors are also up-charging in TN for some of the LE products. So, I'm not certain that the full difference over the national SRP was just due to the retail premium markup...regardless, the bottles they received didn't last very long even with the extra markup. Looking forward to a meeting at some point with or without a bottle.

Passed on ECBP batch A117 for $79.99.  Will probably regret it, but I have a hard time paying over $60-$65 for it.

12 minutes ago, vismatt said:

Passed on ECBP batch A117 for $79.99.  Will probably regret it, but I have a hard time paying over $60-$65 for it.

I MIGHT pay that for earlier batches but I wouldn't pay that for A117.  I paid $69.99 for A117 and thought that was too much. 

I passed on a WTRB 108.2 proof at I think $45. I have tried pretty much all of the other barrel proofers besides WTRB, so it has been on my list to try when space is made on the shelf, but I only usually see the 112 and 116 proof ones.

Do you guys think the old 108.2 proof was that much better that I should head back and get it now or wait and grab one of the new batches whenever the time comes?

14 minutes ago, JSpartan said:

I passed on a WTRB 108.2 proof at I think $45. I have tried pretty much all of the other barrel proofers besides WTRB, so it has been on my list to try when space is made on the shelf, but I only usually see the 112 and 116 proof ones.

Do you guys think the old 108.2 proof was that much better that I should head back and get it now or wait and grab one of the new batches whenever the time comes?

In general, I have enjoyed all of the WTRB releases.  Personally, I liked the 112 more than the 108.  But, getting that 108 to get yourself in on a SBS, is not a bad idea!  :lol:

Passed on Blood Oath Pact 3 at $77 and I.W. Harper 15Y at $69.

I think I'd try the Blood Oath Pact 3 for that price and paid a bit more for my bottle of IW Harper 15Y.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, b1gcountry said:

52717912fc08ad9e0913bdcd0d6025aa.jpg

I figured it will get drunk either way, so why not one of each...

good call. Side-by-side-by-side of WTRB. I might have to pick up the 108.2 and eventually try the same.

1 hour ago, b1gcountry said:

52717912fc08ad9e0913bdcd0d6025aa.jpg

I figured it will get drunk either way, so why not one of each...

Attaboy!!

Had to stop by one of the local stores to talk to them about some signs.  Passed on GTS Jr.  While I really like the last bottle I wasn't willing to spend $72 for it today.  Also he had some Rhetoric 23 and other limited releases.  I didn't even bother asking the prices on those.

Passed on entering a lottery for these and a few others:

ECBP $62.99  (127.0 prf)

Four Roses Barrel Strength 50th Anniversary $149.99  (107.6 prf)

^I'd not necessarily interested in the FR 50th but probably would of picked it up. I have that are interested and would be happy to trade something I'm more interested in.

9 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

^I'd not necessarily interested in the FR 50th but probably would of picked it up. I have that are interested and would be happy to trade something I'm more interested in.

I was able to try a pour of the FR50..it is some VERY fine bourbon. It has an AMAZING nose as well.  I'm not usually a big 4R guy.

Passed on Elijah Craig Barrel Proof.  I was tempted, but didn't want to invest $65 on a bottle of something I have never tried.  I like the regular EC okay, but not something I would put in my daily drinker rotation.

Knob creek 25th something something......whatever that new LE is.

"Just arrived... Fresh off the truck"

(none of my other suckers would buy it)

"......only $160".

I'm sure it'll still be there in a few months if I change my mind.

:)

42 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

Sheesh. 

IMG_3010.JPG

I'd have jumped. Where in Florida?

2 hours ago, DCFan said:

I'd have jumped. Where in Florida?

Sorry. No offense. I should know better that $60 is an ok price for some who can't find it at home. I'm at my dad's in Venice. 

1 hour ago, Charlutz said:

Sorry. No offense. I should know better that $60 is an ok price for some who can't find it at home. I'm at my dad's in Venice. 

Mine are in Daytona so I was hoping you'd have been a tad bit closer.  But if it's on the west coast it's bound to be found elsewhere in the state. ;)

stopped by a local shop to price up some , passed up buffalo trace (39.99 Canadian) and bulleit for same price.. will be trying these next time though..

Passed on SJR and Blanton's today. Price was good but have some of each. SJR was $43 and Blanton's was $54. I'll leave em for the next guy.  I was really hoping they had some ETL, OWA, or W12. It's a little store in my hometown.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.