What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Is RY10 still an easy pass @ $54.99 OTD?   :unsure:

RY10.thumb.jpg.88f4209ffeceb765cf438680157e48f5.jpg

If you haven't had it I'd go for a bottle at the $54.99. Part of my issue is that it took such a jump here in NC in less than a year. From $44 to $69

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Hop said:

If you haven't had it I'd go for a bottle at the $54.99. Part of my issue is that it took such a jump here in NC in less than a year. From $44 to $69

Is that a regularly stocked item in NC?

It went from $49 to $79 here, and that was if you could find it...not too many bottles got sent to West Tennessee.

Is that a regularly stocked item in NC?

No it was here for a while last year then gone and this is the first time I've seen it this year.

Passed on KC 25th for $79.99 - best price I've seen but still not interested after the mediocre reviews. Also passed on the first ETL I've seen on the shelf here. It was a VERY easy pass at $75 and can stay on the shelf at that!

Interesting, I've actually seen some really good reviews of the 25th vs. 2001. I'm a Beam fan and would totally buy at that price vs. the $130 or more I've seen.

Oh those silly TW guys - always working hard on their marketing skills . . . . . .  [emoji6]

They keep this Baron series stuff locked up in the glass case next to the bourbon aisle at my local TW.

Was up in WI this past week and passed on several things including IWH 15,  the OF limited releases, a pile of the Orphan Barrel stuff, and more.  It wasn't because of ridiculous prices though, it was because I ran out of cash :(  

I was on a moratorium for a while, but then I lifted it.  In lifting it I am still limiting myself to how many purchases I make, and I of course exceeded that...a decent priced limited edition Laphroaig 15 (200th anniversary release) some how slipped in there with all the bourbon :P

Ugh... Tricked.

Thought it was redemption rye @ a killer sale price.

The bottles look similar to me...

Oh well.

IMAG2238.jpg

Apparently Luxco needs to brush up on the Bottled in Bond regulations.

20170731_144509.jpg

20170731_144518.jpg

That's incredible! It certainly doesn't help one feel confident about the controls in place to put on that label "bottled in bond" does it?

Boy!    That is so obvious.    I guess: Buyer Beware, and one should be sure to read all the labels.

I just looked at a new bottle of this at a Schnuck's store. The "Bottled In Bond" label is now gone from the label.

44 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I just looked at a new bottle of this at a Schnuck's store. The "Bottled In Bond" label is now gone from the label.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.  <_< Thanks for posting this Tim.

Cheers! Joe

Wow, I had no idea they'd been pulling this crap for so many years!

5 hours ago, Clueby said:

You mean I might have passed up on a dusty? :D

Heard that one of the local stores had some CEHT BP.  Headed over to see and they had it priced at $92.99, $102.29 with tax.  Couldn't pull the trigger on that.  Not a total loss though as I texted my son to see if he was interested and he said to get it for him . . . so I still get to try it.  Also passed on the latest GTS Jr. since I already had a bottle and they were asking $72.99.

On 8/1/2017 at 4:03 PM, Clueby said:

Wait, so the old label bottles are now worth a fortune on the secondary..... heading there now with my checkbook. :P

Blood Oath for $129.99 at the Va ABC. They had 2 bottles sitting on the shelf.  They can stay there.

19 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Heard that one of the local stores had some CEHT BP.  Headed over to see and they had it priced at $92.99, $102.29 with tax.  Couldn't pull the trigger on that.  Not a total loss though as I texted my son to see if he was interested and he said to get it for him . . . so I still get to try it.  Also passed on the latest GTS Jr. since I already had a bottle and they were asking $72.99.

You have better control of your trigger finger than I would have.  Two bottles of the CEHT BP would have went home with me.

Still looking for those bottles to show up near my area.

Edited by Radioyada

On 7/31/2017 at 8:53 PM, Vosgar said:

Apparently Luxco needs to brush up on the Bottled in Bond regulations.

20170731_144509.jpg

20170731_144518.jpg

That's another screwup from Luxco. I wondered how they could do that with DN1843BIB but this one makes me think they really don't give a damn about what goes on the label or what they sell to us.  How can I be expected to believe the age statement on things like RY10SB or OE101 when this occurs on a regular basis. 

I passed on an Old Forester Statesman today for $54.99. I'm still trying to figure out what makes it less proof but more expensive than OFsig100. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.