What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

They posted this arrival on Facebook today, so I figured I would give it a shot. It was like $2 over MSRP for the regular single barrel (not store pick), so it wasn't a tough decision to grab it.

20171115_230656.jpg

W12 for $23.99?  Why yes, I believe I will!  :o

I also picked up a couple of ER10's @ $26.99. 

I may have already reached bourbon zen, but even I ain't stupid enough to pass that up!  :rolleyes:

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, Paddy said:

W12 for $23.99?  Why yes, I believe I will!  :o

I also picked up a couple of ER10's @ $26.99. 

I may have already reached bourbon zen, but even I ain't stupid enough to pass that up!  :rolleyes:

Wow! On the shelf or are you connected?

2 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Wow! On the shelf or are you connected?

Luck!  :lol:

I'd like to admit otherwise, but they arrived unannounced and were gone within the hour.  I just happened to walk in at the right time... 

....easily the best price I've seen on W12 since '13 or '14!

• I like it 1

Grabbed 2L OWA($26.59) and the latest Stagg Jr. 131.9($41.97). BT has stepped up production this year as it seems more of everything is available this year.  

• I like it 1

I did something I don't normally do today, I bought a Blanton's....

Im not a huge fan of it, but I know a few people that bought a bottle from this barrel and said it was really good so thought I would revisit it. 

IMG_2288.thumb.JPG.0bccbfcc2b0449fb9776520b58f7efe2.JPG

• I like it 1

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:51 PM, Clueby said:

I was dropping off a sample of W12 for the store owner...but she actually had these on the shelf!

Yes that is $22.99 ea.

20171110_170205-1209x1612.jpg

Glad you finally scored some W12.  At MSRP, to boot.  Patience paid off.  Cheers

• I like it 1

20 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Glad you finally scored some W12.  At MSRP, to boot.  Patience paid off.  Cheers

Yeah I got one other bottle a month or so ago at high retail (I think it was $39.99). I saw quite a few bottles of W12 this afternoon and a TON of OWA all around the Illinois side of the St. Louis area so it's definitely out there. Unfortunately all the W12 was priced at $99.99 and all the OWA was at $49.99 or higher. Stores aren't seeing the increased supply leading to lower prices quite yet. Let them sit on that inventory a while longer and see if their tune changes. In talking with one store he all but called me a liar when I told him I had purchased W12 for $23 even after I showed him a picture. He said that the store that sold it "obviously didn't know what it was worth". I told him that I know what it's worth..$40 At the most.

• I like it 1

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:38 AM, FasterHorses said:

Do you think someone mistakenly put the WSR price on the 12? 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:20 AM, Clueby said:

The WSR was right next to it for $19.99.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:27 PM, lcpfratn said:

The WSR pricing makes me think that she either got invoiced for OWA by accident or she got mixed up and put OWA prices on the W12. But then again, I look at the prices on the other stuff and I have to just scratch my head in bewilderment...and envy!

That's actually roughly MSRP.  All those folks out there paying $30 or more for this stuff are paying markup pricing.  More than $30 is actually gouging.  Even if it's across the board within certain states, then it's happening at the distributor level, which is just as bad if not worse. 

12 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Yeah I got one other bottle a month or so ago at high retail (I think it was $39.99). I saw quite a few bottles of W12 this afternoon and a TON of OWA all around the Illinois side of the St. Louis area so it's definitely out there. Unfortunately all the W12 was priced at $99.99 and all the OWA was at $49.99 or higher. Stores aren't seeing the increased supply leading to lower prices quite yet. Let them sit on that inventory a while longer and see if their tune changes. In talking with one store he all but called me a liar when I told him I had purchased W12 for $23 even after I showed him a picture. He said that the store that sold it "obviously didn't know what it was worth". I told him that I know what it's worth..$40 At the most.

Just saw this post. Good stuff.  Well done sir.

Kepler.. remind me to post something after the BTAC / allocated release in early/mid December ...dont want to screw up my chances.

Scored a bottle of Parker’s heritage 2017 at 159.99 and a bottle of four roses limited edition small batch barrel strength 2016 at 99.99 today and a high west midwinter nights dram at 79.99 last week. Haven’t tried the first two, but midwinter is one of my favorites. 

Today was a good day on the hunt. Been a while since I got one of these.61a47106103681b11b94d3f091848c1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 6

Where do you guys find the Lot B and the GTS?  I don't ever see a bottle around here and I live in the middle of bourbon land.

20 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Where do you guys find the Lot B and the GTS?  I don't ever see a bottle around here and I live in the middle of bourbon land.

I've told people for years that the middle of bourbon land is about the worst place to hunt for limited bottles. I go to Kentucky quite a bit and never see anything interesting in a store. The only value I find is in visiting the distillery gift shops at the right times

Very happy to have found these while visiting the in laws. Left a couple SAOS 10s on the shelf, but gotta conserve resources. 

FF5DF4A9-416F-4219-BD51-FE2506156AEF.jpeg

• I like it 6

Lucked onto a bottle of Stagg by stopping in a store to pick up a bottle of Bird Dog BlackBerry for my wife.  My fall hunting is now complete. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, BottledInBond said:

I've told people for years that the middle of bourbon land is about the worst place to hunt for limited bottles. I go to Kentucky quite a bit and never see anything interesting in a store. The only value I find is in visiting the distillery gift shops at the right times

I find lots of value in bourbon land. Heaven Hill 6yo BIB for $11-12 for example! But yes, if you wanted "limited" stuff it is about as tough as anywhere else if not more so.

Distillery gift shops aren't so much about value if you figure price into the equation! But they do occasionally have some bottles that can be hard to find elsewhere.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.