What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In Steamboat Springs, CO for a couple days. Thought I'd check out the local craft distiller, Steamboat Whiskey Company. Went there at noon, their website said the tasting room opens at 11 am. When I get there, one of the owners (I recognized him from their website) was outside loading a few barrels, very rudely told me they were not open. When I asked when they open, he said "when we get around to it". I would think the owner of a craft distillery would be nice to customers rather than be a douchebag, but I guess not. Guess I'll pass on their expensive young whiskey.

Edited by Whiskeythink.com
  • I like it 1

8 hours ago, hugh jass said:

Out of curiosity, where was this? Never seen such a collection in the wild. 

Casa Grande, AZ (between Phoenix and Tucson). It was my first time seeing such a thing too. Well, second - one other store had 3 bottles of Stagg @ $900 each, and I think ORVW and Lot B were over $800 as well - can't remember exactly for those two. 

ORVW $399

PVW15 $699

LOT B $399 or $499 (can't recall this one)

Anyway. No. Just say no!

• I like it 1

Hi.  This is my first post so I wanted to say hello to everyone.  I have been lurking on this site for quite a while and its time I get involved!

Walked into a new liquor store next to an Italian market I was visiting today.  They had some good bottles on the shelves and after talking to the owner I know why.  ECBP $99, WSR $59, Michters10 $299, Stagg Jr $89  just to name a few.  Needless to say I walked out empty handed.

• I like it 2

I passed on Booker's "Sip Ahwile" batch for 59.99 at the local Meijer's.  Thinking about going back for some...  Hmmmmm

That's actually a very good price on Booker's! Unless you already have a bunch of it like I do, I'd be a buyer at that price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Bourbon....Neat! said:

Hi.  This is my first post so I wanted to say hello to everyone.  I have been lurking on this site for quite a while and its time I get involved!

Walked into a new liquor store next to an Italian market I was visiting today.  They had some good bottles on the shelves and after talking to the owner I know why.  ECBP $99, WSR $59, Michters10 $299, Stagg Jr $89  just to name a few.  Needless to say I walked out empty handed.

Welcome abroad!

3 hours ago, Bourbon....Neat! said:

Welcome to 'the board, B....N!    Glad you've found your way to the best Bourbon site (indeed maybe the best spirits site) on planet Earth.    Have FUN here, that's what it's all about.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

That's actually a very good price on Booker's! Unless you already have a bunch of it like I do, I'd be a buyer at that price.

Went to a local watering hole and gave the bartender Carte Blanche on the pour. She put down a Bookers 17-4 and holy cow WOW. This is a batch worth tasting in my little oh humble opinion. I'll pay up ($79) for this one if I get a chance.

Went to a local watering hole and gave the bartender Carte Blanche on the pour. She put down a Bookers 17-4 and holy cow WOW. This is a batch worth tasting in my little oh humble opinion. I'll pay up ($79) for this one if I get a chance.

I haven't had a bad Booker's yet...they are all good, just some a bit better than others. I picked up a 17-2 a few months ago to see what one of the 2017 batches was like now that they are supposedly only making four batches per year, but I haven't opened it yet.

1 minute ago, Bourbon....Neat! said:

Hey! I'm not a broad!!!

Damn auto correct. Aboard! Hi ho silver!!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.