What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Government Beard said:

I thought forged oak was 99 retail.IMG_0453.thumb.JPG.e9e44ddee3d0428d9b9d2a1c1122cdc1.JPG

#stopit

What am I missing? Don't see FO in the pic. And..it's more like $65 retail.

2 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Middle shelf, on the left, left of the Kentucky Sprit and behind the 4R Private Select.

this is Bevmo not a liquor store. 129.99 for FO. Hard to make out but the price is on top of the bottles.

5 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Come on and look closer. It's right there. :D

Ok...I see it now. Didn't have my glasses on but still hard to see. I'd have never made out the price though. Even at $65 it's a bit much for FO.

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Ok...I see it now. Didn't have my glasses on but still hard to see. I'd have never made out the price though. Even at $65 it's a bit much for FO.

Welcome to Southern California pricing where everything is marked up 200%.

Saw George T. Stagg today for $400.00, passed, yesterday for $500.00 & $600.00, passed. Saw Pappy 23year for $4,500.00 yesterday also passed. Also saw Weller Antique 107 for $100.00, passed also.

• I like it 1

Passed on Stagg Jr batch 9 at $52 today, and at $54 yesterday at two different stores.... Only because I bought 3 bottles at $52 on Friday. :D

Edited by EarthQuake

Just now, Paddy said:

Not bourbon, but did pass on a Hirsch 21 rye today.  For inquiring minds, the final asking price was $1000.

:rolleyes:

53 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Not bourbon, but did pass on a Hirsch 21 rye today.  For inquiring minds, the final asking price was $1000.

It's not "that" good.

Passed on OWA for $35.  Thought about it, but I already have 2 lifetimes of bourbon bunkered.  Plus it was the last bottle, why not let some dreamer have his score. :)

• I like it 5

45 minutes ago, Government Beard said:

RHF at 300 bones makes me sad

I could barely contain myself, but I had to know what he wanted for the Van Winkles. 

Yesterday, I decided to stop in a couple of liquor stores near my office in Manhattan, so the answer is easy--everything.  Standard stuff is generally uninteresting and overpriced by a little to a lot.  Anything interesting is priced beyond comprehension.  There was a dabbling of BTAC, PVW, ETL amongst others, but at prices like $90 for ETL, $600 or so for the PVW and BTAC.  I just laugh internally and walk out.  Fortunately, I do most of my actual shopping in NJ where I live.

Edited by jeffrey r

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

12 yr (AS on the back) elijah craig. Family size for $59

Wow, this one I would have snapped. Do you already have it and/or don’t care for the EC 12? Price seems ok. 

2 hours ago, Mako254 said:

12 yr (AS on the back) elijah craig. Family size for $59

Why did you pass on that? I would have bought it in an instant!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.