What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Topped off my GW4G bottle again with more WSR. Think I found the sweet spot. Unfortunately no idea on ratio. 

Next time will try lcpfratn's 3:2 ratio as a starting point. That will probably be right on.

On another note i know there is a Stagg Jr/old charter blend. Has anyone done Stagg Jr with WSR?

I think I have, but I really enjoy Stagg Jr by itself, and I don't think the blend was better than Stagg Jr by itself. The thing about the GW4G blend is that to me it's better than either WSR or OGD114 individually, but others may not feel the same way. I'll admit that I'm not much of a fan of WSR at all, while others love it. I do like OGD114 well enough, but it's not my favorite $25-$30 bourbon. Put the two together though and you end up with a very nice, reasonably priced bourbon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Willett Pot Still Reserve is tasting pretty good tonight so I’m enjoying pour #2 now. This bottle seems to be improving...maybe it’s all the head space in this bottle.

2 Blanton's followed by an ER. It was a good night out shooting the shit with an old friend and meeting a few new people in the process. I don't remember the last time I socialized with real-living-breathing people, so I enjoyed the company more than the bourbon.

• I like it 1

Hitting the good stuff tonight. Started with ETL then Blantons. On a W12 now and if I've got any gas left in the tank I'm eyeing a SP NC with one last pour left. Looking at clock...this could get ugly. :lol:

• I like it 1

Just poured me a nice glass of Blanton's to relax after a very nice after work run this evening.  Time to watch some football soon.

Had a Maker's Mark Private Select, with stave combo 3-4-1-1-1.

I didn't think it was anything special, just an all right, serviceable bourbon. With this I've now had all Maker's expressions, and liked none in particular.

• I like it 1

Having some HM 10y. This barrel is good enough that I went back a few weeks ago and bought a case. (barrel #3534)

1 hour ago, LCWoody said:

Having some HM 10y. This barrel is good enough that I went back a few weeks ago and bought a case. (barrel #3534)

Having the same over here (barrel 2907). It's hitting the right notes tonight while the wife's out drinking with her friends.

1 minute ago, DeepCover said:

Having the same over here (barrel 2907). It's hitting the right notes tonight while the wife's out drinking with her friends.

What a great bourbon for the price. Every now and then I get one that's soso but when I find a good one its worth getting a few.

1 minute ago, LCWoody said:

What a great bourbon for the price. Every now and then I get one that's soso but when I find a good one its worth getting a few.

I couldn't agree more.

cheers!

2 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

One of the most Underrated/Undervalued bottles on the shelf.

IMG_20171019_211800929.jpg

Have you had other batches, how does this compare to 112.8?

Just now, kwshannon said:

Have you had other batches, how does this compare to 112.8?

Yep, it compares well, a little less spice a little sweeter not off profile though, I cracked this one when I kicked a 112.8. My recollection is that both at a tiny step back from WT-03RB, one of these days I'll crack the one I have in the liquor cabinet and find out for sure rather than speculate.

• I like it 1

25 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Finishing off the night with some EC 18y. Good bourbon 

IMG_2210.thumb.JPG.58ccd6ffa62b876c33f1c9bcd356083e.JPG

I just got a bottle of this but haven't tried it yet. Others have said it is over oaked but I tend to like a lot of oak (EC12, Barterhouse, KYSpirit, etc.) So I'm looking forward to it. It is currently residing in my "office stash" along with 3xETL, KCSB-PS, ECBP, and a PHC11. I didn't realize the office stash had grown to such levels. LOL. 

I'm having a pour of Blanton's tonight to finish this bottle so I can replace it with the bottle in my trunk stash. 

working on killing angels envy still, followed by some EC nas. focusing on 3 bottles for the daily, less focused drinks so I can replace it on the open shelf with a bookers and ps Old weller antique

Got this bottle of Rowan's Creek that tastes on the young side. Also have  an EC21 that tastes like sawdust. I've been adding a dash of the EC21 to each pour of the RC and it makes it fairly palatable. I'm in bottle kill mode so I have one of these every night. I'm taking a page from TBT and am focused on drinking down the disappointments in order to up the overall quality of the bunker.

Good Evening

The harvest is over
the summer has passed,
and we are not saved.
-- Jeremiah 8:20

unnamed-1.thumb.jpg.6ed7920f5a8a409d6fdd7ca1a6121ff7.jpg

3 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

One of the most Underrated/Undervalued bottles on the shelf.

IMG_20171019_211800929.jpg

Absolutely agree

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.