What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had a couple pours from a vatting I made up of about 65% WTRB 116+  and 35% 6-year VOB BIB.    It's pretty damned good, if I say so myself.     Then again, it should be as both components are good Bourbon.

• I like it 2

A little snort of OFBB2017 at work from a friend. Very nice bourbon. Not $100+ wait in line for five hours nice but to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Began with a bit of Dickel 12, and then decided to finally open the bottle of BMH small batch that I bought a few years ago. Naturally the cork broke upon opening. Ha. I still enjoyed it. 

Ended the evening with WFE Single Barrel, 8 years old. Bought it when Spec's opened their first DFW store a few years ago, but only opened it tonight. 121.6 proof, and running a bit hot so far. 

• I like it 1

It was 103 degrees here in San Diego today. Enough is enough. Mother nature is on my Sh*t list. 

Well. Anyways. I picked up some more OGD today, among other things, so decided for a pour of 114 off the shelf. I've had this bottles open for a while. The high rye mash bill spice is still there. The air has helped tame the heat, obviously. Very nice.

Huzzah

unnamed-3.thumb.jpg.e1516574aa64360ef193c597a5331ba6.jpg

• I like it 1

KCSB from a grocery store; each barrel is a little different.  They've all been good.  This one surprises me how easy it drinks for high proof.

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Couldn't wait to wheater Thursday for these two. Weller hitting the spot tonight.

cec06c15f231570b976d9f3529a115d7.jpg

Nice. I've been reaching for the OWA a lot lately.  Need to track down a bottle or two more of the 12 yr.

22 minutes ago, Government Beard said:

It was 103 degrees here in San Diego today. Enough is enough. Mother nature is on my Sh*t list. 

Well. Anyways. I picked up some more OGD today, among other things, so decided for a pour of 114 off the shelf. I've had this bottles open for a while. The high rye mash bill spice is still there. The air has helped tame the heat, obviously. Very nice.

Huzzah

unnamed-3.thumb.jpg.e1516574aa64360ef193c597a5331ba6.jpg

Sounds like Texas. Two months ago. ha.

• I like it 1

Started with Rock Hill Farms. Followed that with a single barrel, 9 yr Elijah Craig. 

Finishing with some Rare Breed and extra innings in Game 2. 

IMG_3467.JPG

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Sounds like Texas. Two months ago. ha.

:lol: Exactly.

Nice. I've been reaching for the OWA a lot lately.  Need to track down a bottle or two more of the 12 yr.

I don't know W12 is good but I think I like OWA as my daily pour more.
  • I like it 1

Huzzah

Thought it was always 72 and sunny in San Diego? Guess I need to pick another city when I hit the mega bucks.
  • I like it 1

Some Henry mckenna 10 single with a cube during the heat, some eagle rare 10 while cooking and now that the family is in bed going in for a stagg jr with a cube.

21 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I don't know W12 is good but I think I like OWA as my daily pour more.

Yeah, likewise. Absolutely. I usually add about 2 to 3 drops of water with mine.

I have about 4 bottles in the bunker and once i get down to one or so I will pick up a few more. Pretty prevalent on the shelves here in Southern CA. 

18 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Thought it was always 72 and sunny in San Diego? Guess I need to pick another city when I hit the mega bucks.

We're experiencing an unprecedented heat wave. It has been miserable to say the least. 

16 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Too bad you don't live in AZ. I have like 7 in my bunker that I probably won't get to until next time W12 is on the shelf near me.

I bought too many because I'd never seen (or tried) it before and got excited when I found a case of them... It's really good stuff, but I think my money could have been spent wiser elsewhere. I think it was the novelty of being able to purchase all of those W12 that made me do it (plus I was afraid I'd never find it again). Still never tried OWA though, can't find it anywhere on the shelves in AZ.

Cheers! Jordan

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Too bad you don't live in AZ. I have like 7 in my bunker that I probably won't get to until next time W12 is on the shelf near me.

I bought too many because I'd never seen (or tried) it before and got excited when I found a case of them... It's really good stuff, but I think my money could have been spent wiser elsewhere. I think it was the novelty of being able to purchase all of those W12 that made me do it (plus I was afraid I'd never find it again). Still never tried OWA though, can't find it anywhere on the shelves in AZ.

Cheers! Jordan

That's a beautiful haul. Next time I am in AZ I will have to make the rounds.

its on the shelf, still, from time to time but secondary (liquor stores) and the prices have been terribly jacked. 

I am down to one bottle myself (12 year). I have plenty of OWA close by and they are usually on the shelf locally between 29.99 to 39.99.

If we can strike a bargain let me know.

huzzah

Opened my bottle of Hancock's President's Select I recently picked up.  It's BT mash bill #2 so of course I enjoyed it.  Followed that with a pour of OGD 114.

1 hour ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Opened my bottle of Hancock's President's Select I recently picked up.  It's BT mash bill #2 so of course I enjoyed it.  Followed that with a pour of OGD 114.

How do you like the Hancock's? I've read mixed reviews. Have come close to grabbing a bottle but never have been able to find someone who's had it. 

22 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

How do you like the Hancock's? I've read mixed reviews. Have come close to grabbing a bottle but never have been able to find someone who's had it. 

One of my favorites. Think "pear notes"

38 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

this is one i'd like to try, however I never see them available around me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.