CardsandBourbon

What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Winter 2017)

Surtur
4 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

IMG_20180220_192049734.png

I’m very envious on that 8 year, enjoy. I’m also enjoying a few pours from a 2017 WT101 and it is beyond words how good this juice is for the price of $30/handle. Wild Turkey and most of their products have heavily skewed my bourbon experience because of how good they are and mostly being extremely affordable. I give them a ton of credit for not jumping into the allocated market, sure they have some expensive priced bottles but I could go grab one at MSRP right this moment. This brand has it all, for my taste at least. Cheers

smokinjoe
4 hours ago, Surtur said:

I’m very envious on that 8 year, enjoy. I’m also enjoying a few pours from a 2017 WT101 and it is beyond words how good this juice is for the price of $30/handle. Wild Turkey and most of their products have heavily skewed my bourbon experience because of how good they are and mostly being extremely affordable. I give them a ton of credit for not jumping into the allocated market, sure they have some expensive priced bottles but I could go grab one at MSRP right this moment. This brand has it all, for my taste at least. Cheers

Not jumped into the allocated market?  I’m not sure what you even mean there, but just try finding that 8 yr bottle you’re admiring in a store within a 3,000 mile radius of where you live... While you’re at it, grab a few of their 12 and 13 year bottles, too... :lol:

(Big Hint...You’ll need an airplane to get to those stores where these bottles are allocated...)

RT Fan

Finished off my bottle of Angel's Envy, both a sad and pleasurable experience for me. The flat bottle fit perfectly along the wall of my liquor cabinet, allowing me to keep an additional bottle of bourbon open! I liked the AE and found it compared well to other, more expensive bottles. Too bad it suffers from price creep, like so many others and now is $45 in my neck of the woods. 

Surtur
4 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Not jumped into the allocated market?  I’m not sure what you even mean there, but just try finding that 8 yr bottle you’re admiring in a store within a 3,000 mile radius of where you live... While you’re at it, grab a few of their 12 and 13 year bottles, too... :lol:

(Big Hint...You’ll need an airplane to get to those stores where these bottles are allocated...)

I mean in the sense of BTAC. They don't do any AMERICAN allocated releases where it comes out once a year and I have to either wait in line with thousands of people or be in a lottery with even more. Every time WT releases a premium, I'm able to run to the store and buy it immediately, even though I pass because I prefer their cheaper expressions. I can go grab a Rare Breed any day, any time of year for $40-$50

smokinjoe
4 hours ago, Surtur said:

I mean in the sense of BTAC. They don't do any AMERICAN allocated releases where it comes out once a year and I have to either wait in line with thousands of people or be in a lottery with even more. Every time WT releases a premium, I'm able to run to the store and buy it immediately, even though I pass because I prefer their cheaper expressions. I can go grab a Rare Breed any day, any time of year for $40-$50

The most recent WT premiums (Diamond, Master’s Keep, Decade) are most certainly allocated in the same vein as the BTAC.  Once per year releases in limited numbers.  Your being able to easily get these off the shelf has less to do with intentional over supply of an “allocated” release, but rather more with under demand of an “allocated” release.  I can assure you, WT would love to have the same demand as BT does with BTAC.  Still, these WT LEs can be a tough find in many areas.  

beasled

Enjoying a pour of Baker's on the rocks with a splash of Angostura... I'm sure that makes it a cocktail right?

lcpfratn
The most recent WT premiums (Diamond, Master’s Keep, Decade) are most certainly allocated in the same vein as the BTAC.  Once per year releases in limited numbers.  Your being able to easily get these off the shelf has less to do with intentional over supply of an “allocated” release, but rather more with under demand of an “allocated” release.  I can assure you, WT would love to have the same demand as BT does with BTAC.  Still, these WT LEs can be a tough find in many areas.  

Joe, I agree with most of what you're saying, but I will add that Eddie Russell told me directly that he does think they've been releasing too many bottles of the last few limited edition products and hopes that the future releases will actually be more "limited".

PowderKeg

Cracked a 1792FP tonight - I'm really enjoying these higher proof versions (FP & BiB).  Gotta open up one of the bunkered 1792RRs though and refresh my memory on the first above-the-bottom-shelf bourbon I tried and enjoyed.   Hopefully I won't get too disappointed comparing it to the the higher octane stuff.....

MTNBourbon

Really like the color, nice sweetness.

QNcoohp.jpg

GeeTen

Blanton's Gold with a ribeye from the grill - YUM!   :D

Mako254

12 yrs, 51.6%. Can’t get enough of these low proof cask strength MGP barrels. 

6F0AA081-2E79-4FA8-B455-60D1568B6C4B.jpeg

Kane
28 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

12 yrs, 51.6%. Can’t get enough of these low proof cask strength MGP barrels. 

6F0AA081-2E79-4FA8-B455-60D1568B6C4B.jpeg

What the heck is that, a counterfeit glencairn? :)

Mako254
1 minute ago, Kane said:

The set was a gift over the holidays. Similar shape, more angular but also heavier which I like. 

http://www.viski.com/Raye-Crystal-Scotch-Glasses

kevinbrink
1 minute ago, Kane said:

I have a couple of those myself they are on Amazon Joyjolt Halo, I actually tend to prefer them for high proof stuff.

kevinbrink
2 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

The set was a gift over the holidays. Similar shape, more angular but also heavier which I like. 

http://www.viski.com/Raye-Crystal-Scotch-Glasses

There you go similar but different I guess.

Radioyada

A little PS Makers Mark to celebrate the ending of hump day. 

708F720B-6262-475D-81E9-98FB6A7008B5.jpeg

Edited by Radioyada

Paddy

13 year/10 month old PS KCSB followed by a 11 year/7 month PS OBSV.  Boom!