What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

18 hours ago, DeepCover said:

I know the feeling. Why should he drink his stuff when he can drink yours? 

He didn't even know what he was drinking. He arrived late and grabbed the bottle with the label facing away and just started pouring, as if he had some catching up to do. He didn't look at the bottle the entire time he was here. It may as well have been JD.

Which is why you fill the bottle of whatever you want to serve those extra "special" guests/family members with some JD (or whatever sacrificial lamb you want to serve) while you sip discreetly from a flask or nondescript bottle tucked safely away in a cabinet... 

B)

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, beasled said:

Curious to know why this stuff curdled when its jazzed up with a shot of bourbon but Bailey's doesn't when jazzed up with a shot of Jameson...

May be because the Bourbon Cream has real dairy products while Baileys does not.  Just speculating. I know Bailey's is not dairy based but not sure about the bourbon cream.

Bailey's, like cockroaches, may well survive the apocalypse! Not that it has stopped me from drinking a ton of it in the past... :P

HWMWND with chicken veronique followed by a dram of W12 while listening to our 5-yr-old grandaughter read (!) books before going to bed.  What a perfect night before Christmas.   :D

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Which is why you fill the bottle of whatever you want to serve those extra "special" guests/family members with some JD (or whatever sacrificial lamb you want to serve) while you sip discreetly from a flask or nondescript bottle tucked safely away in a cabinet... 

B)

Clearly I have some work to do. I was gifted 2 bottles of JDSB, so I've got the right stock to pull this off.

And he skipped right over the MMCS to hit my R22...

13 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Christmas present from my brother. He did well.

BD091E49-A504-4714-8A22-4CD70B1D8684.jpeg

I like Statesman. The first Kingsman movie was pretty good. Haven't seen the second yet.

9pm but already had 3 pours of JDSB BP. Did I say how amazing this whiskey is? (I sure did many times) I truly and positively can't believe JD had been making this juice for so many years but only releasing crappy watered down expressions. Let it be known henceforth that I hold this as dear as any BTAC, here I said it.

• I like it 3

Some wine with dinner while 2 of our grandkids enjoyed watching Tim Allen's The Santa Clause. Followed by Hancock's PR single barrel and EWSB 1999. 

Enjoying pours of HWAMND Act 5 Scene 2 and Act 5 Scene 4 with my daughter and my best friend.   Also using my brand new arrived today SB glencarins.  Followed this up with pours of Chinken Cock 160thand FRSiBBP OESQ store pick.    Our Son will arrive tomorrow afternoon so we are saving the Lot B  I was able to get this year for Christmas night.  

60132351-D896-45D5-8B50-3F9B5BC664FB.jpeg

• I like it 4

Cracking a sample of 1990 Wild Turkey ‘cheesy gold foil’. Little santa nice cap after getting all the trimmings set up for in the morning. The nose on this is absolutely amazing. Truly fantastic whiskey. This was distilled in ‘78 and bottled in ‘90. 

A4368314-E66D-4219-8A75-29C6A856577A.jpeg

Edited by Mako254
  • I like it 1

Happy Holidays to all of you. I enjoy your company and the truck loads of knowledge that you all share. I hope you all have a good one. Cheers.

20171224_A117.JPG

• I like it 4

Had a pour of WLW 2016 while waiting to play Santa. Damn this stuff is good. It's tough for me to decide if I like WLW or GTS as my favorite bourbons of all time, but it's tough to go wrong with either.

Merry Christmas to all of you out there!

• I like it 3

OK last one then that's it until after Santa stops by, thanks for the assist on the last one (WT12) David @beasled a very Merry Christmas to you and the Missus!

IMG_20171224_232723538.jpg

• I like it 1

I just decided to pop the cork on my GTS (first BTAC I've ever tried/owned).... Holy SHIT!! What a flavor bomb!

This is by far my new favorite pour! Just too bad it's so damn hard to come by.

I'm enjoying it out of my new Norlan glass that I got from the future in-laws tonight while exchanging gifts. I figure this is a special enough event to try the GTS... Glad I did!

IMG_1525.thumb.JPG.954184febf40ee2dfc368d9dab47d222.JPG

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Edited by Bourbon Fanatic
  • I like it 3

3 hours ago, Kane said:

9pm but already had 3 pours of JDSB BP. Did I say how amazing this whiskey is? (I sure did many times) I truly and positively can't believe JD had been making this juice for so many years but only releasing crappy watered down expressions. Let it be known henceforth that I hold this as dear as any BTAC, here I said it.

I've been reading a lot of praise for this one on here, but I'm still skeptical to pick it up as i'm worried it has even a hint of that regular JD taste. Does it resemble that at all or is it completely different and unique?

• I like it 1

I decided to fill up my flask with bakers, so good! Now I'm having some pours of redbreast 12 year cask strength. So good!

0649532952c936b74174d0217442890c.jpg

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

Stop the presses......my non bourbon drinking wife had a pour of PVW20yr and she liked it.

Had some dear friends over Christmas Eve dinner. Had a little Blanton's and EW12yr prior to them arriving. Broke out the PVW20 after dinner because it's Christmas Eve. My friend loved it. My wife actually had on entire pour. I thought I'd drink what she did't finish but she drank it all.

Went for a Christmas Eve walk in the snow and returned to a pour of ORVW10yr.

Merry Christmas all!

• I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.