What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 minute ago, JoeTerp said:

I’m curious if this was a trade or an actual retailer. I would be surprised that a retailer still had 2016 ECBPs around. Either way it’s a great bourbon there. 

It was from a friend as a birthday present. :D

Cheers!

• I like it 2

Sat found me in Memphis for the day so I decided to do a little bourbon surfin' - VERY pleasant results, as I haven't seen any of these in Little Rock (yet).     

Unfortunately had to pass on OWA (first I've seen in the wild in 2+ yrs), $50 Stagg Jr, several ps of 4Rsib, and other opportunites, 'cause the pockets aren't bottomless (and OWA & StJr are already well backed up). 

I've also got several new mandatory stops whenever in the Memphis area...
20180204_142752.thumb.jpg.4122f0517638b255181651494b2dd652.jpg

So what stores did you find that you liked in my neck of the woods?

4 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

So what stores did you find that you liked in my neck of the woods?

Natalie's, Stellar Cellar, Caesars, Corks, & Germantown so far.  Busters is quite impressive too for selection and store picks, but wasn't as competitive on some pricing, ie the 1792BiB was +$10 per over what I paid elsewhere (may be why they had so much more on the shelf..?), but the Blanton's was priced the same (which the above came from there).  Getting away from downtown definitely helped on price on average.

Also determined that pricing on what's generally available here and there is @ the same with a few exceptions.  We seem to be swimming in WSR for $20/750, while Memphis area is @ $25.

Natalie's, Stellar Cellar, Caesars, Corks, & Germantown so far.  Busters is quite impressive too for selection and store picks, but wasn't as competitive on some pricing, ie the 1792BiB was +$10 per over what I paid elsewhere (may be why they had so much more on the shelf..?), but the Blanton's was priced the same (which the above came from there).  Getting away from downtown definitely helped on price on average.

Also determined that pricing on what's generally available here and there is @ the same with a few exceptions.  We seem to be swimming in WSR for $20/750, while Memphis area is @ $25.

Caesars is probably my least favorite of those stores. They do occasionally have some great prices on unallocated bourbon, but anything allocated is overpriced and LE stuff is usually priced at secondary prices.

Natalie’s, Stellar Cellar, Germantown and Corks will occasionally have some LE and allocated stuff out on the shelf or on the counter at reasonable prices, but BTAC, Pappy and a few other LE’s never see a shelf, and I’ve never had a chance to get any BTAC or Pappy at Natalie’s or Germantown.

8 hours ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

It was from a friend as a birthday present. :D

Cheers!

Well Happy Birthday then.  I think I need better friends.  I do have a bottle of this that I'll get to eventually (currently have an ECBP Batch 9 open).

• I like it 1

Picked up a Knob Creek 25th Anniversary on clearance for $99 today. I haven’t been willing to pay the normal retail price for it, but couldn’t turn it down at that price, even though it was still more than twice the price of a regular or private selection KC Single Barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in Indianapolis for work and picked this up at a liquor store downtown near my hotel. I’ve never had RR before, but have heard good things from you all so I’m looking forward to trying it. 

AEF2C5D4-0616-468D-B85B-884F144699B6.jpeg

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Whiskey Lullaby said:

I’m in Indianapolis for work and picked this up at a liquor store downtown near my hotel. I’ve never had RR before, but have heard good things from you all so I’m looking forward to trying it. 

AEF2C5D4-0616-468D-B85B-884F144699B6.jpeg

You’ll dig it I think. WT barrel entry proof is 115, so depending on angels share and evaporation, some of those barrels finish at 112-114. Very little cutting to get to 110. Non chill filtered. Generally 9 years or so. Best kept secret in bourbon. 

• I like it 1

Picked up ECSB with 12yr on the back label and a EHT SiB!dd3ed014713b524ddb42cd55064cc0f8.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, newmennium said:

Picked up ECSB with 12yr on the back label and a EHT SiB!dd3ed014713b524ddb42cd55064cc0f8.jpg

I'm kicking myself hard for not buying any EC12 while it still had the age statement. Nice purchase on both accounts!

I'm kicking myself hard for not buying any EC12 while it still had the age statement. Nice purchase on both accounts!
Thank you sir! The store manager said he was surprised the EC12 was still in the shelf. I didn't even know about the back label transition.

Picked up a FR SiB PS OBSF 9 yrs. 7 mos. bottled at 126.6 proof.  Looking forward to opening this one.

Edited by CardsandBourbon

Picked up a Full Proof store pick and a High West American Prairie finished in Barreled  Manhattan.

Happy to add batch 8 to the bunker 

huzzah

IMG_0820.thumb.JPG.19b79d7aa68d5b7930af60ec2e4a445c.JPG

Edited by Government Beard
  • I like it 3

10 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Happy to add batch 8 to the bunker 

huzzah

IMG_0820.thumb.JPG.19b79d7aa68d5b7930af60ec2e4a445c.JPG

I've got some 6, 10, and 12.

38 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

I've got some 6, 10, and 12.

Hazmat!

Any favorites or standouts? 

I think 7 is the oldest I have. I'm not in front of the shelf at the moment but I believe I now have 7, 8, 10, 11, and 12.

Feeling pretty good picking up #8 as all the reviews have been stellar

1 minute ago, Government Beard said:

Hazmat!

Any favorites or standouts? 

I think 7 is the oldest I have. I'm not in front of the shelf at the moment but I believe I now have 7, 8, 10, 11, and 12.

Feeling pretty good picking up #8 as all the reviews have been stellar

Definitely Hazmat! I only have 1 bottle open of 6. Another 6, 10, 12 closed. The 6 is very very nice, can't say enough how smooth it is for 140 proof.

• I like it 1

Everything was on sale, except the Scotch. Couldn't pass up BT or the Bulleit at $19.99 a bottle. 20180126_221554.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311

I found Michter's 10 Year Single Barrel at Total Wine on Monday and picked up 2 bottles (one for my vet). 

Returned from a road trip to Atlanta. Picked up some stuff in SC and GA on the way there, and some in TN on the way back.

Some Barrell releases, KCSB Store picks x5, 4R SBs x5, a "dusty" Booker's from 2012, and a few others, plus some Armagnac and Brandy. This ought to keep me busy for a while.

5a7e6e325050b_IMG_2587edit.thumb.jpg.dda7ec9611167ffb0c47785784bd466b.jpg

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.