What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

One of the local breweries bought a 13 year Knob Creek barrel, then took the empty and aged a vanilla bean stout in it.

Today they released this gift pack.

Two different bottles/products, both aged in the same barrel.

IMAG2995.jpg

Kewl

One of the local breweries bought a 13 year Knob Creek barrel, then took the empty and aged a vanilla bean stout in it.

Today they released this gift pack.
Two different bottles/products, both aged in the same barrel.
IMAG2995.thumb.jpg.38504e6627f2e45295623e2a0daa62c0.jpg

Very cool.

Finally gave in (resistance is futile...) and bought an EHTsib bib for $60 - how's that compare going rate-wise?  Don't think I'm gonna regret it, but that's the best $$$ I've seen so far 'round here.

• I like it 1

On 1/26/2018 at 2:03 PM, hugh jass said:

Take this in the spirit it’s intended as I’m a fan of Johnny Drum, but I find it amusing that Binnys is now throwing it out on the floor with a limit 1 sign. They used to consistently stick it on the bottom shelf. I used to think they sort of made it hard to find it so only someone seeking it out would find it. Anyways good pickups. Great price. 

Luckily they didn't have the Limit 1 sign at this store. Although it was on one of the "featured" barrels at the end of the aisle. I bought 3 of them for part of my wedding tasting station at the reception.

1 hour ago, PowderKeg said:

Finally gave in (resistance is futile...) and bought an EHTsib bib for $60 - how's that compare going rate-wise?  Don't think I'm gonna regret it, but that's the best $$$ I've seen so far 'round here.

It's right at about the normal price.

Less than 60 is a "good price"

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

Another Weller 12. 

Will. 

Bummer, dude.... Hopefully better things will come your way soon.

;):P

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, PowderKeg said:

I paid $57 a couple days before T-giving. Saw it last week for $55 in a different store. It is a dead soldier as it has been my second fav of the winter. I would gladly pay the $60 for it.

24 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Bummer, dude.... Hopefully better things will come your way soon.

;):P

Yeah pour me ;)   

• I like it 2

2 Stagg Jr’s @ $29.99 each. I got down the road and noticed a very faint 1 in front of the 29.99!  The crazies wanted $129.99 each for them!!  I hope I didn’t just get someone fired. I suppose I'll take them back. :(

• I like it 2

6 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

2 Stagg Jr’s @ $29.99 each. I got down the road and noticed a very faint 1 in front of the 29.99!  The crazies wanted $129.99 each for them!!  I hope I didn’t just get someone fired. I suppose I'll take them back. :(

Yes there is a bourbon god. Every once in a while......  Enjoy your good fortune and don't look back. ;)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, PowderKeg said:

Fair price for ga/sc. An easy buy at that price for me. 

26 minutes ago, libourbon said:

Went into a store I seldom visit and found EC18 and he gave it to me for $123.

Its $200 at the distillery. Congrats man!

15 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Yes there is a bourbon god. Every once in a while......  Enjoy your good fortune and don't look back. ;)

Biba! Joe

I don't shop there often because it's a gouger but once I found a decent deal there. In 1 of their sane or unaware moments they had 2 ECBPs for $61.99. I grabbed both of those and the next time they got some they were behind the counter for $90. It feels a little good to get a gouger, but i'm concerned about the salesperson. The boss is going to come in and see those 2 Stagg Jrs that have been behind the counter for months and think a sucker finally came through the door!

3 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

I don't shop there often because it's a gouger but once I found a decent deal there. In 1 of their sane or unaware moments they had 2 ECBPs for $61.99. I grabbed both of those and the next time they got some they were behind the counter for $90. It feels a little good to get a gouger, but i'm concerned about the salesperson. The boss is going to come in and see those 2 Stagg Jrs that have been behind the counter for months and think a sucker finally came through the door!

You obviously have a conscience. (Sadly rare today).  You will always feel better about yourself if you return the bottles.

I think I would scope out the place, to make sure the employee is there, not the owner. If you elect to return them. 

Who knows, you may curry favor with the employee, that can aid you down the road. 

Either way, Cheers

• I like it 2

35 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

You obviously have a conscience. (Sadly rare today).  You will always feel better about yourself if you return the bottles.

I think I would scope out the place, to make sure the employee is there, not the owner. If you elect to return them. 

Who knows, you may curry favor with the employee, that can aid you down the road. 

Either way, Cheers

Thanks for the advice. I was contemplating how to do it and was leaning toward waiting until the same salesperson was working.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:21 PM, reeko said:

Those are some great whiskeys! The redbreast surprised me a lot. Loads of flavor.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

If you like the Redbreast 12 year, try the Lustau.....amazing

Since I am behind the times, I thought I would post my "Winter Kill" as a whole. The adventure started with a Halloween Birthday of a bottle of Bulleit Frontier from my Son. It sent me researching & Indiana Jonesing into my own Bourbon Trail Adventure. I have no desire to spend secondary market prices, but don't mind paying adventurous prices. As you can see, there are several wounded soldiers here with one casualty... (CEHTSiB)

Prices on the Coast: Please let me know if I was ripped off!!!

CEHTSiB = $57

OFBB = $67

Michters 10 = $94

ER10 = $27

Bulleit 10 = $44

Woodford = $26 (I think)

Blanton's = $58

Store Selections:

Barrel Bourbon = $99

Jeffersons AAS = $74

EC12 that was actually an 11 = $31

the gang.jpg

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Thanks for the advice. I was contemplating how to do it and was leaning toward waiting until the same salesperson was working.

The whiskey gods will reward your honesty in the next Pappy/BTAC lottery.   :ph34r:

Please check your messages.   ;)

Edited by GeeTen

Since I am behind the times, I thought I would post my "Winter Kill" as a whole. The adventure started with a Halloween Birthday of a bottle of Bulleit Frontier from my Son. It sent me researching & Indiana Jonesing into my own Bourbon Trail Adventure. I have no desire to spend secondary market prices, but don't mind paying adventurous prices. As you can see, there are several wounded soldiers here with one casualty... (CEHTSiB)

Prices on the Coast: Please let me know if I was ripped off!!!
CEHTSiB = $57
OFBB = $67
Michters 10 = $94
ER10 = $27
Bulleit 10 = $44
Woodford = $26 (I think)
Blanton's = $58

Store Selections:
Barrel Bourbon = $99
Jeffersons AAS = $74
EC12 that was actually an 11 = $31
5a70f2d4cb285_thegang.thumb.jpg.071008ab8e333a5422c6009df3a0bf7e.jpg

Those are excellent prices! And you are very fortunate to have found OFBB, much less for such a cheap price. The Michter's 10 was a very good price too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Those are excellent prices! And you are very fortunate to have found OFBB, much less for such a cheap price. The Michter's 10 was a very good price too.

Shear luck on the OFBB. I had been passing up a Little Book for a week or so and wanted something better for Christmas. 3 days before, I figured on the Lil Book and went to get it. They had 3 bottle of the Birthday just in. Had I known how good it was, I wouldn't have doubled down. After opening & tasting that night, I went to score another the next day. Well, you can figure my chances of that. I'm down to my last 2 to 3 pours & mostly just staring at it...

As far as the Michtner's, I got that last week & the young lady replaced it with another bottle, but I wasn't going to double that one now...

• I like it 1

Shear luck on the OFBB. I had been passing up a Little Book for a week or so and wanted something better for Christmas. 3 days before, I figured on the Lil Book and went to get it. They had 3 bottle of the Birthday just in. Had I known how good it was, I wouldn't have doubled down. After opening & tasting that night, I went to score another the next day. Well, you can figure my chances of that. I'm down to my last 2 to 3 pours & mostly just staring at it...

As far as the Michtner's, I got that last week & the young lady replaced it with another bottle, but I wasn't going to double that one now...

The OFBB is one of the few annual LE bourbons that has evaded me except for bottles in stores selling at close to secondary prices, which I'm not going to pay. I'd be willing to pay around $100 for it to scratch the itch, but I'm not going to pay $200-$250. I picked up a couple Michter's 10 for $120-$130 this year, and could have bought a few more, but decided to save funds for other LEs. I really do like the Michter's 10, but would like it better if I could find it for under $100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So those little voices telling me to turn right instead of left to go home struck again - stopped in the LS to see if anything new was on the shelf, and opted instead to finally take home a Beam product I'd been eyeballing for several weeks but couldn't google up any info on (because I was googling the wrong name....)

So it appears I've scored my first mildly dusty!   Dates back to @ 2008 release I think?   Actually picked up two of them for $20 per.   Thought there were a few more but they turned out to be JB Vanilla...

20180129_182215.jpg

• I like it 1

If you like the Redbreast 12 year, try the Lustau.....amazing
I haven't tried the regular 12 year expression, only the cask strength version. But yes I really enjoy it!

Is Lustau the one made in Sherry casks? I haven't ventured into that yet, but it sounds interesting. Like those done in rum casks.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.