What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a couple of SPs. A Knob Creek I had sampled last October, and a Hand Select George Dickel.
The GD was a "highly recommend pick" by lcpfratn. Ok you're on the hook Jeff. The real star however was a $34 handle of Wild Turkey 101. Gobble Gobble.
Now I'm ready for the weekend. 

Have you opened that GD yet? I'll be shocked if you don't like it! I need to stop back by the store and pick up another bottle before they're all gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

10 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Not bad for my vineyard French, eh?  :ph34r:

It’s more than that, excellent French! I’m not used to see French language in this sub. Santé l’ami ! 

Will.

2 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

It’s more than that, excellent French! I’m not used to see French language in this sub. Santé l’ami ! 

Et merci pour votre contributions ici sur SB.com.  :unsure:

4 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Will.

Avec google tout est possible. ;)

12 hours ago, silverc said:

These surprisingly showed up in VA recently.

IMG_2161.JPG

Although the price (here in the Mitten State, at any rate) won't have folx running for cases of it, I'm betting you won't be a bit sorry you scored a bottle of 1792 BIB.  

For my taste buddies, it is a VERY nice pour! :P      Let us know what you think of it.

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Et merci pour votre contributions ici sur SB.com.  :unsure:

I'm doing the best i could ;-)) 

Will.

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

Avec google tout est possible. ;)

True, but i'm sure it's not the case here ;-) 

Will.

• I like it 1

Scored a Weller 12 750ml old bottling. i was out so i'm pretty happy.

Will.

Curious do you almost exclusively shop online? I’d imagine in Belgium in the right places you could find some great dusties.

3 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Curious do you almost exclusively shop online? I’d imagine in Belgium in the right places you could find some great dusties.

Almost exclusively online, there is only one liquor store not far from where i live with a small selection of bourbon, they've got Blanton's SFTB and Gold on the shelves though, so it's not that bad. Hopefully, i can order lots of stuff online from UK, Holland, etc... i'm also ordering some stuff in the US, but shipping is killing me every time. About the dusties, not so much, besides the Wild Turkey 8, 12 and 13. I've heard Portugal and Spain were great to find those, but it was a long time ago. I still can find most of the older ECBP releases. On the other side, everything here is way overpriced, it would be cheaper/easier to be a scotch drinker, but what can i can do, i love bourbon.  

Will.

• I like it 2

Was able to get a bottle of Four Roses Private Select OESK. A little young at just under 9 years, but I’m very excited about this recipe.

I’ve got a 12yo single barrel from Smooth Ambler coming in, pretty exited about this one. 

Will. 

Is that a recent release or some special dusty procured on the secondary? May I ask where you found it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the bottle of Prohibition 1920 Bourbon today.

Also got a bottle of Jamesons Caskmates IPA today.

20180127_155247_Burst01.jpg

Found a couple with a pretty thick layer of dust on them.  Didn't take pics yet, but 2 x ECSmB with the age statement on the back (2015?) for $30 each.  Seemed like a pretty good deal since the statement is gone now.....haven't tried it yet, any reviews?

Edited by Schultz24

Never had this before — don’t know why. Might be the time or the place (making a pot of chili in the kitchen) but “very nice “ isn’t at the tip of my tongue after the first pour. 

714ADE85-9789-4800-9857-D5DA5CE28888.jpeg

• I like it 1

Got the bottle of Prohibition 1920 Bourbon today.
Also got a bottle of Jamesons Caskmates IPA today.
20180127_155247_Burst01.thumb.jpg.d645ae56d5f4d322507ac7646be00b94.jpg
Let me know how you like the Jamesons. I've been thinking about picking that one up.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

Never had this before — don’t know why. Might be the time or the place (making a pot of chili in the kitchen) but “very nice “ isn’t at the tip of my tongue after the first pour. 
714ADE85-9789-4800-9857-D5DA5CE28888.thumb.jpeg.81058b28d9ab66b0a41eb82f59fde31a.jpeg
That's a great bourbon! I love when you find a great bourbon that's readily available.

10 minutes ago, reeko said:

That's a great bourbon! I love when you find a great bourbon that's readily available.

I picked up one of these for the first time as well. I've enjoyed it.

On 24/01/2018 at 9:21 PM, Mako254 said:

What proof? Some of the older saos barrel proofs hang out around 105 or so and are awesome. 

Added this today. 

47FD2D93-79BA-45E9-AF47-9D84CFB34D82.jpeg

About the 12yo SAOS, i was wrong about the Proof, i've told you 116, but it's either 113.4 or 111.8 bottled by Sarah, the 116 proof is another SAOS that i'm getting, it's an 11yo also bottled by Sarah. No need to tell that i'm a big of those single barrels ;-)). The best i have is a 8yo at 120 proof, truly exceptional. At the end, i've never tried one that i didn't enjoy. 

Will.

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, grantsi said:

Is that a recent release or some special dusty procured on the secondary? May I ask where you found it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the new ones, not purchased on the secondary. But i'm not the one buying it directly, it's a friend of mine, he's a great guy, he scored two and he's ok to split his order with me. 

Will.

10 hours ago, reeko said:

Let me know how you like the Jamesons. I've been thinking about picking that one up.

It's very good, but I prefer the Jamesons Caskmates Stout. I like Guinness extra stout, and dont really care for any Indian Pale Ales, so I guess it's not surprising.

Curiosity finally got the best of me and I picked up a 1792 full proof selected by a local store.

I also bought two of the last bottles of their ER10 selection. That barrel sold incredibly fast, I guess people are stocking up since there’ll be no ER store picks this year. Doesn’t hurt that it’s almost 12 years old and very tasty.

One of the local breweries bought a 13 year Knob Creek barrel, then took the empty and aged a vanilla bean stout in it.

Today they released this gift pack.

Two different bottles/products, both aged in the same barrel.

IMAG2995.jpg

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.