What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Returned from a road trip to Atlanta. Picked up some stuff in SC and GA on the way there, and some in TN on the way back.

Some Barrell releases, KCSB Store picks x5, 4R SBs x5, a "dusty" Booker's from 2012, and a few others, plus some Armagnac and Brandy. This ought to keep me busy for a while.

5a7e6e325050b_IMG_2587edit.thumb.jpg.dda7ec9611167ffb0c47785784bd466b.jpg

Good Lord that's a haul!!! What recipe is that Tower pick?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, newmennium said:

Good Lord that's a haul!!! What recipe is that Tower pick?

The 4R Tower pick is OESF, 8 yr 6m, from July 2017. They had it in their system but not on the shelf, so I had to get them to bring it out from the back.

• I like it 1

The 4R Tower pick is OESF, 8 yr 6m, from July 2017. They had it in their system but not on the shelf, so I had to get them to bring it out from the back.

Thanks, I may have to look for one. Doraville or Buckhead?

5 hours ago, jackthedog said:

Grabbed an ECBP C917 yesterday. 

I picked that up as well.  Got to VA a little bit earlier than the A and B did.

Plain 'ol Knob Creek on the way back from Home Depot! Hoping to enjoy some this evening. Also- bought me a set of small 5.5oz snifters. I'm set to watch it rain all weekend now.

This belongs in the "Strickouts" thread BUT it disappeared? 

Got a call this Thursday from an out-of-town buddy. He rec'd an email from a Memphis area LS inviting him to a special drawing for Pappy/BTAC. He phoned the store and asked if he would be allowed a proxy? They gave the thumbs up and I filled in for Vinny.

10am start today and my card was #3! A single 15 & 23 went 1-2, and a Lot B was there for my buddy. Now if I was in the pot for myself I'm sure no dice. I also had available WLW, THH, GTS, ETL, W12, and other "undercard" choices. The store held back over a case of W-12, ETL, along with a case of ORVW, and three BTAC's. I understand their holiday drawing was about 3X as much bourbon AND crowd. By the way the Lot B charge was $110, didn't snoop to see what other choices went for.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, FacePlant said:

Got a call this Thursday from an out-of-town buddy. He rec'd an email from a Memphis area LS inviting him to a special drawing for Pappy/BTAC. He phoned the store and asked if he would be allowed a proxy? They gave the thumbs up and I filled in for Vinny.

10am start today and my card was #3! A single 15 & 23 went 1-2, and a Lot B was there for my buddy. Now if I was in the pot for myself I'm sure no dice. I also had available WLW, THH, GTS, ETL, W12, and other "undercard" choices. The store held back over a case of W-12, ETL, along with a case of ORVW, and three BTAC's. I understand their holiday drawing was about 3X as much bourbon AND crowd. By the way the Lot B charge was $110, didn't snoop to see what other choices went for.

I am guessing from your profile pick the WLW would have been your first choice! Probably mine as well depending on the mark up.

• I like it 1

Oh, and "Strike Outs" is in the Premium Bourbons/Specialty Bottlings thread.

Evan Williams BIB. Saw it for 14.99 and figured heck if I didn't like it I could use it for a mixer. It's cheaper than my Jim Beam White label that I use for mixing.

When I got home I put one ice cube in a glass and just a splash. Like a kid I couldn't wait.

I'm impressed. I really like it, and I've got a inexspensive bourbon to put in the rotation.

20180210_181033.jpg

• I like it 4

Found a couple Stagg Jr Batch 9 bottles on the shelf of a local liquor store so I grabbed both of them. The store manager was tending the till and commented that she only got two bottles this batch and that I was buying them both. After her comment I felt a little greedy and offered to put one back. It helped that she then said don’t be silly and I left with them both.  I never mind sharing the wealth with another enthusiast but hate leaving bottles on the shelf for flippers.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, FacePlant said:

I was offered a similar choice in November, minus the W12 and ETL, and grabbed the GTS.  Managed to score a PVW15 and WLW later, but the GTS was first choice.

Had to pick up my sister at the Atlanta airport, so on the way I picked up a couple half gallons of WSR. Out the door for $72. I'll use these bad boys for vatting.

On 2/6/2018 at 8:48 PM, Mako254 said:

You’ll dig it I think. WT barrel entry proof is 115, so depending on angels share and evaporation, some of those barrels finish at 112-114. Very little cutting to get to 110. Non chill filtered. Generally 9 years or so. Best kept secret in bourbon. 

I was having a pour last night and couldn't agree more. The finish goes on and on. Super underrated IMO. 

• I like it 1

EHT SmB X 2. Just might go back for the other 2 I left on the shelf. Pretty close to a bullseye on my palate...and a price point I can definitely live with.

CBB4E601-2F4F-4455-B615-CFA22FF434CF.jpeg

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, tarheel said:

I was having a pour last night and couldn't agree more. The finish goes on and on. Super underrated IMO. 

It will get even better once you drink it down past the shoulders of the bottle. They tend to be a little tight when opened in my experience. 

Also, surtur, that MM cs would have gone home with me as well. 

20 hours ago, brock957 said:

Evan Williams BIB. Saw it for 14.99 and figured heck if I didn't like it I could use it for a mixer. It's cheaper than my Jim Beam White label that I use for mixing.

When I got home I put one ice cube in a glass and just a splash. Like a kid I couldn't wait.

I'm impressed. I really like it, and I've got a inexspensive bourbon to put in the rotation.

20180210_181033.jpg

This has become my favorite inexpensive bourbon.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, raymoall said:

EHT SmB X 2. Just might go back for the other 2 I left on the shelf. Pretty close to a bullseye on my palate...and a price point I can definitely live with.

CBB4E601-2F4F-4455-B615-CFA22FF434CF.jpeg

Every time I open one of these, I ask myself why I buy anything else.  Right on target for me too.

• I like it 1

The first local store pick of makers private hit STL this weekend.

Confession:

I like Maker's Mark.

Don't hate me... I know it's not what the cool flipper kids drink.

Please ignore the ridiculous 1.75 willett pot still trying to steal the show.

:P

IMAG3017.jpg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

Confession:
I like Maker's Mark.
Don't hate me... I know it's not what the cool flipper kids drink.
Please ignore the ridiculous 1.75 willett pot still trying to steal the show.
[emoji14]

IMAG3017.thumb.jpg.0230f43c7f4c2b353f85c3611f84aa60.jpg
Have you tried this yet? TW has some for $79 and was on the fence at that price.

18 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Brought this home today. Was not purchased by me, but was purchased for me. 

17 hours ago, 0895 said:

Curious what you think of it and what the blend of staves was on the back! My store did one recently and I know the guy who was primarily responsible for picking it... :D

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.