Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 1/8/2018 at 5:21 PM, kemosabe said:

Another one down.  The best thing @ finishing a bottle is now I get to open up the bunker and try something new. 

dead.JPG

Is it just the angle, or is that the new bottle shape with the old label?

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, rjg1701 said:

Is it just the angle, or is that the new bottle shape with the old label?

Old Liter bottle.  Maybe those nuts confused you.

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

That sure is a chimera of a bottle :huh: I see the old bottle's neck with the new bottle's body. What sorcery is this?

14 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

There's a joke there somewhere, but for the life of me I just can't come up with it. :huh:

Biba! Joe

6 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

There's a joke there somewhere, but for the life of me I just can't come up with it. :huh:

Biba! Joe

:D I must admit, I dropped all work and thought about it for a good 5 minutes when I first read that post. Couldn't come up with anything either.

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Maybe something like these two meet at a transvestite convention and later that night as they're getting ready for bed one says to the other, "Maybe those nuts confused you"? :huh:

7 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Maybe something like these two meet at a transvestite convention and later that night as they're getting ready for bed one says to the other, "Maybe those nuts confused you"? :huh:

OK - No more pics with the nut bowl in the background. 

• I like it 3

I have a tendency to consume things proportionately. For example, if I'm eating steak, potatoes and green beans then my last 3 bites will be a 1 bite of each, a handful of skittles will end with only one of each color...etc. I've opened almost every bottle I've ever bought immediately but have yet to finish one because of my weird OCD tendency. It is easier to drink the more affordable bottles of course but I've never finished one. I have a 750 of Larceny with two pours left that might sit there forever until I get a back up bottle or drink down a lot of other bottles, two open Blanton's (different barrels) and an Er10 with a few good pours left. You get the idea. 

HOWEVER, my OCD was no match for this delicious bottle of HMK10!

20180112_200243.jpg

• I like it 2

Trying to cope with and kick a cold with a healthy pour of ECBP. Polished off one of the earlier batches—this was a good batch, but I think HH got more dialed in with their later old bottle batches.

62ac7cd166d978a59f3d4b3235b85890.jpg

Bottle killing mode. A HWMWND Act 2.6. Always good stuff.

064bcd4d189b7ae05567625ecf6ebb8e.jpg

• I like it 1

I've been in bottle clearing mode.  This week I've managed to polish off the last dregs of a ORVW, KCSB (x4), ECBP, WP, Ritt and a handle of WSR

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Not sure I can bring myself to toss a signed bottle. 

0A2BD577-AC0E-4E8F-B7A3-981F4CE1BFF0.jpeg

fill it back up with another russels

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, bourbon4all said:

???? original cork?

Yes this one was original and was fine.  I'd guesstimate I get about 50% that are okay from this era of bottles.

Edited by Kepler

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:42 PM, Swamp55 said:

Man down.  Man up.  (This stuff almost always hits the spot for me.)

Baker's.jpg

Don't you just love the symmetry of this photo?

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.