Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This was a really nice barrel. I’ve got two bunkered but wish I knew at the time to ask to taste it in store. I would’ve bought a few more. Live and learn. 

FD664089-8570-47E6-B919-26FF42EDC4DB.jpeg

Store pick WRDO bit the dust this weekend.

This was a really nice pick (woodford does store pick blends, not single barrels) that luckily for me had more old forester taste to it.

While this bottle sold out quickly, the store just had another customer tasting/voting for their next batch (it's really good too), so a replacement is in the near future.

:)

IMAG2996_1.jpg

Man down! This was almost as good as batch 12 and way better than A117. Still hoping to find a C917.

20180129_213403-1209x1612.jpg

Rye whiskey aged in a maple syrup barrel, that originally held 4 roses bourbon.

Good stuff, if not a bit sweet.

Perfect dessert when the mood is right.

Of course I have backups... :)

IMAG2998.jpg

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Rye whiskey aged in a maple syrup barrel, that originally held 4 roses bourbon.

Good stuff, if not a bit sweet.

Perfect dessert when the mood is right.

Of course I have backups... :)

IMAG2998.jpg

I have a bottle of regular  Rallypoint that I’ve had since they first opened. I’m not a fan. I thought I might use it for cocktails, but it still doesn’t do it for me. 

3 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I have a bottle of regular  Rallypoint that I’ve had since they first opened. I’m not a fan. I thought I might use it for cocktails, but it still doesn’t do it for me. 

Fair enough.  I don't care for it either.

I stick to the 5 year rye, double barrel, maple sunset, SS sorghum whiskey, and some of their other specialty products. :)

Killed a couple short bottles of daily drinkers.

ER10 Barrel select, I liked this but towards the end I felt it was coming off too sweet. Other than standard BT which comes off drier I’m finding BT too sweet for my liking.

58365c7727362cd1d10931766d82994f.jpg

I really liked this one, good age, good proof, really hit a lot of what I like. For instance compared to HH6 BiB it FC comes off less wood and more dry.

c0c464d0c5c2e4126e4ff54e2480b153.jpg

Need to open a Henry McKenna 10yr to see which I like more. Yeah the FC6yr is cheaper but not by a whole lot. There’s a reason some places still have the 6yr and it’s because they overcharge.

I really liked this one, good age, good proof, really hit a lot of what I like. For instance compared to HH6 BiB it FC comes off less wood and more dry.

c0c464d0c5c2e4126e4ff54e2480b153.jpg

Need to open a Henry McKenna 10yr to see which I like more. Yeah the FC6yr is cheaper but not by a whole lot. There’s a reason some places still have the 6yr and it’s because they overcharge.

I always did like FC6yo. I have yet to try the NAS version.

I’m finally laying this excellent PS of ER10 to rest. It was bottled over two years ago and I think I’ve had it open for at least a year but it never lost a step. RIP!

196aa0c5fa343be1656d4ddd489bb8e7.jpg

My son gave me this for my birthday a couple years ago, he and I polished it off Friday night. Excellent bottle!

BC39BAFF-4A14-4E52-A689-4457F2D3A70A.jpeg

Ok, I Warned Her... Moving in may not be the right think to do. I could not keep my hands off & Friday night after a rough day; she never stood a chance...

goneb.jpg

19 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

Ok, I Warned Her... Moving in may not be the right think to do. I could not keep my hands off & Friday night after a rough day; she never stood a chance...

goneb.jpg

So the Blantons was mine, the girls (my Wife & Daughter-n-law) took out the ER10 with a couple Old Fashioned...

ergone.jpg

On 2/11/2018 at 7:00 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

Not bourbon, but killed one of the few Scotch bottles I have. 

image.jpg

Oh yeah which one? Good to know the Yamazaki didn't die alone. Just a joke of course, but the Yamazaki is a single malt but geographically incapable of being a single malt scotch. Though if that was a bottle of Nikka, you might have a chance of it having some Ben Nevis in it. 

On 2/9/2018 at 7:02 PM, bayouredd said:

goneb.jpg

Bad news: I polished off a Blanton's Saturday night

Good news: I now have a "B" on my stopper display... Only "L" and the first "N" remain... :D

52 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

Bad news: I polished off a Blanton's Saturday night

Good news: I now have a "B" on my stopper display... Only "L" and the first "N" remain... :D

Way to keep at it!  I need the B, L, and S myself.  I find myself feeling a little ridiculous opening the boxes at liquor stores to look for the letter (especially since the Blantons boxes are a little convoluted with the weird creases and folds), but not doing so is how i wound up with three of the first N.  So now I check first.,

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.